Stitch! The Movie DVD Menus

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

Stitch! The Movie DVD Menus

Post by Luke »

Last edited by Luke on Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Wow - this is new:

"Aloha, E Komo Mai" performed by Jump5.

That should please a few people :)

Actually all sarcasm aside, I think it will please me! It will be interesting to say the least.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Satoshi
Special Edition

Post by Satoshi »

Thanks for the pics. The menus look alright to me.

Hopefully I'll be able to afford this.
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

hrm.. I always love regestering my dvd@! :o :P
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

hmmm... I wonder how many of these new experiments, will wind up as plush figures at the disney store... :roll:
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Actually, the new Jump5 video/song whatever has me interested-I really like the Hawiian tunes from the 1st.
Defy Gravity...
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

2099net wrote:"Aloha, E Komo Mai" performed by Jump5.
For some reason I imagine that Disney have Jump 5 chained up in a basement somewhere to perform a "new" Disney tune at the drop of a hat.

Part of the bargain after selling their souls to Disney for fame through appearing on every Disney DVD from now until the end of eternity...

On a less serious note, it is good to see there are some actual features on the Stitch! DVD. But we all know I'll be buying it anyway... :D
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Even if it's a barebones DVD, who really cares????? (he huddles in a corner and whimpers "Please don't shoot me-I'm sorry!")
But really-isn't it the film that matters? Honestly, the only DVD's that I think should have features are the older movies (maybe 10+ yrs). I really don't need to have an audio commentary on how "Hunchback 2" was created-it's not that old, or of much importance.
If you really are fans of the movies, you should be happy to have even just that-just the movie.

But don't worry Loomis-even if it didn't have any features-it's Stitch, so the movie will be great.
Defy Gravity...
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

I quite agree. Most movies I mostly care just for a nice, clear, OAR image, and just a few features. Here, Here. Of course if it's Disney I dont mind 2-Discs on the classics, (Platinums mostly).
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

Prince Adam wrote:Even if it's a barebones DVD, who really cares?????

If you really are fans of the movies, you should be happy to have even just that-just the movie.
If 99% of the DVDs released were "barebones" then it wouldn't be an issue for most. But the truth is, special features (including commentary tracks) are a huge selling feature on films and the market seems to embrace and expect disks to include them.

DVD technology allows for studios to do so much more with their releases. It's somewhat insulting to some when they put out a film with no substance behind it.
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

I saw a trailer to Stitch the Movie and i thought it was cool. i cant wait to watch this movie and to watch the TV show on the Disney channel.
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Yeah, the TV show looks good (like the episode where Pleakley's mom visits and tells him she's found him a wife!), I just hope Canada's Family Channel doesn't take too long to get it.

I remember the "golden days" of Walt Disney Home Video where you'd walk to the Disney section of the video store and there'd be dozens of videos to choose from. Not just the feature films, but the Princess Collection, and Timon and Pumbaa, and Sing Along Songs. Best of the collections were the Rescue Rangers, or Goof Troop videos etc. that had episodes of the TV series on them. Wish they were still doing that. I think that last show they did that for was Doug. They could've done it for Pepper Ann, Recess, Legend of Tarzan, Stitch etc....
I know it's not as good as season sets, but it'd be better than what we're getting now. Now Disney has to tie three episodes together with crappy animation and call it a full length sequel.
Defy Gravity...
jeffers

DVD Extras

Post by jeffers »

I loved the extras on Lilo & Stich...okay not all of them...I like to see the faces behind the voices of Animation. I like to see how it is done. Yeah I know they show that stuff all the time on the Disney Channel. It seems that I can never catch it. :(
What extra stuff does anyone else like to see?
Lets hear it and maybe Disney will put stuff on DVDs that the veiwers want!
Okay I am dreaming!
Thanks,
Jeff
Luke
Site Admin

Re: DVD Extras

Post by Luke »

jeffers wrote:I loved the extras on Lilo & Stich...okay not all of them...I like to see the faces behind the voices of Animation. I like to see how it is done. Yeah I know they show that stuff all the time on the Disney Channel. It seems that I can never catch it. :(
What extra stuff does anyone else like to see?
Lets hear it and maybe Disney will put stuff on DVDs that the veiwers want!
Okay I am dreaming!
Thanks,
Jeff
Welcome to the forum, Jeff!

I agree with you that seeing the actors in the studio voicing the characters is endlessly fascinating. Good to hear that Finding Nemo will have what sounds to be a professional documentary overseeing production, plus Recording Studio clips of the voice actors. Those interest me more than storyboards or galleries ever will.
jeffers

Thanks for the Welcome!

Post by jeffers »

I like to see how they came up with the characters for the voice. It is really interesting seeing what actors will do in the recording sessions.
Although I am not a fan of using "Brand Name" actors in big productions. Sometimes they think the big names will bring in the big bucks, but I think that most people don't see the movie because of the actor thats voicing the role. (But I will go and see ANY Pixar movie because they are just Awesome when it comes to production!!) Take Wild Thornberrys Movie, I would much rather see a regular on the series voice Spike the dog than hearing Bruce Willis! But that is just my thought.
Thanks for letting me be part of the group!
Jeff
Aethlex

Anyone know where I can download "Aloha E Komo Mai"

Post by Aethlex »

I like the music and I wish to download it onto my computer so I may listen to it please help me by telling me where I may be able to go and download it or you may send it to me. Pm of where and how to download please.