Gargoyles: Season 1 DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

Ok, if it has an "ending" I'll be buying it.

Altough, is it sure if Disney is going to release all of them? Because it will really suck if they don't.

"You're only second rate!"
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Evil Genie Jafar wrote: Altough, is it sure if Disney is going to release all of them? Because it will really suck if they don't.
I hope so too, I wonder how they will release season 2. I can't really image Disney releasing a DVD box set containing 52 episodes! Although stranger things have happened.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Well, they released the Spider-Man '67 collection (which is a silly name, being as the series lasted several years) which was 52 episodes exactly (if I remember correctly, I can't check now)

Still, I sort of think this was different. [a] to cash in on Spider-Man 2 at the movies; it's not really a Disney property, its become part of Disney's holdings by osmosis and [c] Nobody in their right mind would pay for some of the later episodes if the show was released in 2 or 3 sets.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
glenn

Post by glenn »

I have never seen the series, but i'm definetly going to buy it, 'cause I have only heard good things about it. I think Disney is going to give out the rest of the series depending on this release, so if the first season sells good, they will release the rest of the episodes.

Maybe if this sells good Disney will release other animated series also... We can only hope!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

As it was never clarified in the press release, the audio commentary is provided for the first 5 episodes and features creator Greg Weisman, producer Frank Paur, and Keith David (voice of Goliath).

I've been going through the set and am pretty pleased so far.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Key
Special Edition

Post by Key »

Oh, I want this... really want this.

I thought that "Gargoyles" was one of the best cartoons ever on TV (and so much better than the dreck that airs nowadays) and I. Must. Get. This.

Yknow, for nostalgia's sake and whatnot. ^.~
Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I've just posted my review of the Gargoyles: Complete First Season DVD:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/gargoyles-season1.html
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Luke wrote:I've just posted my review of the Gargoyles: Complete First Season DVD:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/gargoyles-season1.html
Excellent stuff.

I was on the fence about this one, but I think I may just have to make a trip down Amazon lane...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Luke excellent review on Gargoyles Season One this show is my favorite animated program ever. Nobody can do reviews as great as Luke does them. I can't wait for December 7th to finally have in my hands. "Stone by day, Warriors by night".
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I might pick this one up eventually but I haven't done so yet. I loved the show when I was younger especially the first season so I won't regret buying it but I'm just wondering what's next. It would be a shame if there weren't any more Gargoyles releases.

I like the cover art. It works. The disc art is kinda dull though. It's like they never really put time into it.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>