Tiana (Disney+ Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
friendoftheotherside

Re: Tiana (Disney+ Series)

Post by friendoftheotherside »

DisneyJedi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:48 pm Friendsontheotherside, where did you even get this info?

Because I feel unless it’s from a legitimately reliable source, I don’t think your word has much weight behind it. :eyebrow:
That’s totally fair. My friend saw some footage from the series, so I’m basically sharing second hand information :)
MoonMarc21 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:12 am friendsoftheotherside, I just wanna tell you that even if we're complete strangers online, you a wonderful person so far on here and you didn't deserve to get "outed" like that. Although I take the information you say with a grain of salt, I hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining and posting on this forum again because there are people here that love reading what you post, which includes me hehe...What he did was just wrong on so many levels, I just hope you're okay after this and so far, you stood your ground well. Go off King/Queen (or whatever you are idk maybe a Shadow :lol: )!
Thank you so much, MoonMarc21! Your kindness is very much appreciated! And I completely understand what you said about taking the things that I say with a grain of salt. Even I have trouble believing what my friend tells me, since I’m not seeing with my own eyes. In my mind, I know they are right about Tiana, but my heart doesn’t want to believe lol I really hope that they are wrong about Tiana being CG, but everything that my friend said about Wish (which they saw a work in progression version) turned out to be true.

By the way, I really liked the idea of being a Shadow lol
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I also wanted to thank you, friendsoftheotherside, and I hope you'll still feel comfortable sharing information. It's greatly appreciated.

When it comes to Tiana, I'll only believe it's hand drawn when I see it otherwise in my opinion it's going to be cel shaded (but I believe they'll do it more like Far From the Tree rather than Wish).
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

What if they do it like the new X-men?

That series is CG, but made to look like hand drawn from the 90s. Its not 100% convincing, but at a glance, I think many will not be able to tell.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Kyle wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:54 am What if they do it like the new X-men?

That series is CG, but made to look like hand drawn from the 90s. Its not 100% convincing, but at a glance, I think many will not be able to tell.
That series isn’t CGI. The team said it is hand-drawn. They only use CGI for the backgrounds and for the action sequences when they’re moving in motion: https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/x ... -drawn-90s.

Don’t believe anything you hear unless it’s from people connected to the entertainment industry that I always make sure I speak with, Kyle.

Tiana will be as hand-drawn as it can get w/o being CGI and I’ll make damn sure it stays that way as long as I can, no matter what I have to do to get it to be kept that way.
Last edited by D23ExpoVisitor25 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
friendoftheotherside

Farerb wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 am I also wanted to thank you, friendsoftheotherside, and I hope you'll still feel comfortable sharing information. It's greatly appreciated.

When it comes to Tiana, I'll only believe it's hand drawn when I see it otherwise in my opinion it's going to be cel shaded (but I believe they'll do it more like Far From the Tree rather than Wish).
That’s nice of you, Farerb. Thank you :D

I don’t know what cel shaded means/is. But while I’m at it, I wanna clarify what I said about Tiana’s animation being similar to Wish. I was talking about the technology that they’re using rather than how the series will look. Sorry for any confusion :oops:
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

friendoftheotherside wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am
Farerb wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 am I also wanted to thank you, friendsoftheotherside, and I hope you'll still feel comfortable sharing information. It's greatly appreciated.

That’s nice of you, Farerb. Thank you :D

I don’t know what cel shaded means/is. But while I’m at it, I wanna clarify what I said about Tiana’s animation being similar to Wish. I was talking about the technology that they’re using rather than how the series will look. Sorry for any confusion :oops:
THAT I’ll believe when I see it too. As far as I know and heard on my end, given my sources are people who work in or have ties to Disney and the entertainment industry in general, Tiana’s hand-drawn for now, though it might be enhanced with computers to be like Tangled’s series or Almost There in TP&TF, unless they overrule and scrap this idea. So, we’ll see who comes out right about this in 2-4 months.
friendoftheotherside

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 am THAT I’ll believe when I see it too. As far as I know and heard on my end, given my sources are people who work in or have ties to Disney and the entertainment industry in general, Tiana’s hand-drawn for now, though it might be enhanced with computers to be like Tangled’s series or Almost There in TP&TF, unless they overrule and scrap this idea. So, we’ll see who comes out right about this in 2-4 months.
Your hostile attitude towards me it's starting to feel like harassment. It's not a matter of "who will come out right". Leave me out of your weird competition.

If you have so good sources and reliable information, why are you so bothered by what I said? You don't trust your sources? Geez
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

friendoftheotherside wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 pm
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 am THAT I’ll believe when I see it too. As far as I know and heard on my end, given my sources are people who work in or have ties to Disney and the entertainment industry in general, Tiana’s hand-drawn for now, though it might be enhanced with computers to be like Tangled’s series or Almost There in TP&TF, unless they overrule and scrap this idea. So, we’ll see who comes out right about this in 2-4 months.
Your hostile attitude towards me it's starting to feel like harassment. It's not a matter of "who will come out right". Leave me out of your weird competition.

If you have so good sources and reliable information, why are you so bothered by what I said? You don't trust your sources? Geez
Oh I trust my sources. That’s not what I’m
bothered about. What I am bothered about is that I feel challenged by you because I don’t want to have end up losing to you when we find out who’s right and who’s wrong this coming summer. So, that’s why I am focused on not giving up nor letting you turn out right when the time comes. I guess you could say I’m… unorthodox and a little unconventional with my ways of finding out truths and challenging claims of people whose claims don’t align with what others have heard that should be taken with a grain of salt.
friendoftheotherside

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:27 pm Oh I trust my sources. That’s not what I’m
bothered about. What I am bothered about is that I feel challenged by you because I don’t want to have end up losing to you when we find out who’s right and who’s wrong this coming summer. So, that’s why I am focused on not giving up nor letting you turn out right when the time comes. I guess you could say I’m… unorthodox and a little unconventional with my ways of finding out truths and challenging claims of people whose claims don’t align with what others have heard that should be taken with a grain of salt.
No, you clearly don't trust your sources. Because if you did, you wouldn't be crying about "losing" to a completely stranger in a "challenge" that you totally made up in your mind. Why would you lose if your sources are right then? Who are you really trying to convince with all this nonsense? Because it feels that you are trying to convince yourself since your sources aren't trustworthy.

And no, you aren't "unorthodox and a little unconventional" in your ways. You are disrespectful and inconsiderate of others. You've targeted me and exposed me for something that's not my responsibility. I'm not responsible for how Tiana will be animated, since I don't work at Disney Animation. If I was in charge, I would choose to be hand-drawn. The Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite movies of all time (hence will I chose my username) and I would love to see WDAS doing a full hand drawn animated project again. Go bother your "sources" about it, since you claim they work there. Better yet, beg them for a job there so you could write, direct and animate Tiana all by yourself, since you think it's your life's mission to fight for this series or whatever.

Also, it's not my responsibility to cater what I say to your views or beliefs. So I've shared some information that is against your beliefs? Not my problem. Toughen up and deal with it. I didn't say anything offensive or attack you. I wasn't even talking to you.

I couldn't care less if Jennifer Lee herself is your source or if Walt Disney's ghost is your best friend. It doesn't give you the right to come after me and harass me (or anyone else, for that matter) just because it isn't your "truth". People will disagree all the time. That is a problem you should deal by going to therapy rather than attacking people.

Instead of blaming and attacking random people online, you should be blaming Bob Iger, since he's the one responsible for killing WDAS 2D department back in 2012. But you wouldn't do that, would you? Since you put him in a pedestal and no one here can say anything bad about Mr. Iger, because Mr. Iger is always right and does nothing wrong. Go camp outside his house and bother him, then.

You are not a nice person and I'm not talking to you again.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

friendoftheotherside wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 pm
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:27 pm Oh I trust my sources. That’s not what I’m
No, you clearly don't trust your sources. Because if you did, you wouldn't be crying about "losing" to a completely stranger in a "challenge" that you totally made up in your mind. Why would you lose if your sources are right then? Who are you really trying to convince with all this nonsense? Because it feels that you are trying to convince yourself since your sources aren't trustworthy.

And no, you aren't "unorthodox and a little unconventional" in your ways. You are disrespectful and inconsiderate of others. You've targeted me and exposed me for something that's not my responsibility. I'm not responsible for how Tiana will be animated, since I don't work at Disney Animation. If I was in charge, I would choose to be hand-drawn. The Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite movies of all time (hence will I chose my username) and I would love to see WDAS doing a full hand drawn animated project again. Go bother your "sources" about it, since you claim they work there. Better yet, beg them for a job there so you could write, direct and animate Tiana all by yourself, since you think it's your life's mission to fight for this series or whatever.

Also, it's not my responsibility to cater what I say to your views or beliefs. So I've shared some information that is against your beliefs? Not my problem. Toughen up and deal with it. I didn't say anything offensive or attack you. I wasn't even talking to you.

I couldn't care less if Jennifer Lee herself is your source or if Walt Disney's ghost is your best friend. It doesn't give you the right to come after me and harass me (or anyone else, for that matter) just because it isn't your "truth". People will disagree all the time. That is a problem you should deal by going to therapy rather than attacking people.

Instead of blaming and attacking random people online, you should be blaming Bob Iger, since he's the one responsible for killing WDAS 2D department back in 2012. But you wouldn't do that, would you? Since you put him in a pedestal and no one here can say anything bad about Mr. Iger, because Mr. Iger is always right and does nothing wrong. Go camp outside his house and bother him, then.

Whatever.

And FYI, I have called out Bob Iger for killing 2D/hand-drawn animation before, which is why I will do what I must to make sure he won’t do it again with Tiana.

Tell me and everything else something I/we don’t know, not something I/we already know.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm
friendoftheotherside wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 pm

Whatever.

And FYI, I have called out Bob Iger for killing 2D/hand-drawn animation before, which is why I will do what I must to make sure he won’t do it again with Tiana.

Tell me and everything else something I/we don’t know, not something I/we already know.
You're way too passive aggressive. Friendsontheside is simply relaying information that they've heard from their friends. You don't have to believe it, but don't be so rude about it.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

reee9948 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 pm
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm

Whatever.

You're way too passive aggressive. Friendsontheside is simply relaying information that they've heard from their friends. You don't have to believe it, but don't be so rude about it.
I’ll do what I must. Thank you for your concern.

I may not be as ethical as you users here, but at least I’m fair in making sure I find many more than one source to back up what I hear and that makes me convinced enough to believe them than someone who may not be all that connected to Disney nor the entertainment industry as they claim.

So, don’t tell me what to do.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Someone recently asked Skyler Shuler, in The DisInsider's mailbag for this week, what the status of the Disney+ Tiana series was. Here's what he said (which can be found in this link here: https://thedisinsider.com/2024/04/24/th ... r-mailbag/)...

"What’s the status of Tiana tv show? do you think for next 4 – 5 years, Disney Animation will do other adaptations of classic tales (I remember the rumored Princess and the Pea) or only sequels?

This project has had many hurdles, COVID-19, script rewrites, and crew changes. Now, we are the heels of a Princess and the Frog renaissance with Tiana’s Bayou Adventure getting set to open at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Resort. Well, to add some new fuel to the fire, I was told just last month that the Tiana series may receive the same fate as the Moana series and instead be reworked as Princess and the Frog 2. As of now, that should be taken with a grain of salt."

Well, if this is true, I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, unlike Moana 2 being a 6-episode series that was one story formed like a movie that was split into 6 episodes that eventually became a theatrical sequel, Tiana is allegedly an episodic series, that could have a different story each week despite having a clear narrative. However, if they decide to make Tiana theatrical, it could give them the excuse to make this movie be hand-drawn animated if it means they pump more money into Tiana. So, I guess we'll see at D23 what they decide on with Tiana. All I want is for this Princess and the Frog follow-up to be hand-drawn animated. That's all I want from this upcoming continuation.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Hmm, so maybe that's the big decision they have, do a series in CG, or a movie hand drawn. I have a feeling regardless of the medium, a movie is the better way to go. Disney doesn't have the best track record for telling stories in a series anyway.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Kyle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm Disney doesn't have the best track record for telling stories in a series anyway.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Kyle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm Hmm, so maybe that's the big decision they have, do a series in CG, or a movie hand drawn. I have a feeling regardless of the medium, a movie is the better way to go. Disney doesn't have the best track record for telling stories in a series anyway.
You take that back!

Iwaju, Recess, Tangled The Series, and the reboot of DuckTales showed otherwise.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Kyle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm Disney doesn't have the best track record for telling stories in a series anyway.
That's kind of an invalid argument. They've had plenty of great story driven series.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

If you're talking about recent series made for Disney+, like most Marvel and Star Wars shows, I'd agree. But Disney does have a history of strong television programming beyond those.