Enchanted on Stage?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Enchanted on Stage?

Post by Sotiris »

According to a member from the Broadway World message board, Enchanted was included in a survey about properties one would like to see adapted for the stage. Could this mean a stage adaptation is in the works? If not for Broadway, at least for licensing or international productions?
I just received a survey about what shows audiences would like to see come through the Hennepin Theatre Trust in Minneapolis, and aside from the existing tours, shows with tours presumably in the works, or shows seeking pre-Broadway tryouts (Redwood, The Queen of Versailles, Boop) a few other shows stood out. [...] Another was Enchanted, which as a stage adaptation was probably inevitable but as far as I know hasn't yet had an official announcement (similar deal with The Greatest Showman, which was on this survey as well as previous ones).

Are these actually being made, or is Disney just scoping put potential market interest?
Source: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmes ... 81#5448609
Well over 80% of the ones listed have either had a tryout or workshop sessions, so for most I think it does indicate development. There were only 4 or 5 out of the 44 that had no prior announcement.
Source: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmes ... 81#5448745
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Enchanted on Stage?

Post by PatchofBlue »

I'd love to see the story expanded with a stage adaptation, but the film has some specific devices that would make adaptation tricky. The jump from animation to live action would be lost, for one. Also, spontaneous singing is supposed to be a unique facet Giselle and Andalasia, so I have no idea how they'd fill out a song roster.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, you're right, PatchofBlue.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

I also would love to see an Enchanted stage adaptation!! I mean technically it could also work without the 2d animation as the fairytale aspect is enough of a differentiation from the real world. But yeah, the singing part will be problematic. But i mean Giselle convinced the whole Central Park for a musical Performance out of nowhere, so anything is possible lol. :P Maybe Robert will feel peer pressure to sing or Giselle pleads him to sing about his Feelings, kinda like Flynn Rider in "Ive got a dream" idk, his song could Start out as forced, but then throughout it becomes more honest.

I think Narissa can get a villain song, Edward an expanded version of true loves kiss, and Robert a song about how its difficult to find a new wife or mother for Morgan or a song from Morgan how much she misses her mother or something. And of course a song by Giselle when she arrives in the real world, in the veins of "Whats this?", stunning anout the complexity of New York and the real world :milkbuds:

Also regarding the mother, when I saw Enchanted again a few months ago, I was confused when Robert told Giselle about his wife, I always thought he said she died, but apparently she moved away or something, still not sure. :|

But as long as Menken and Stephen Schwartz Return to do more music, ill not complain :D
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:32 am
Also regarding the mother, when I saw Enchanted again a few months ago, I was confused when Robert told Giselle about his wife, I always thought he said she died, but apparently she moved away or something, still not sure. :|
I'll confess, I'm actually not sure either. He says "She left," which I assumed meant she's alive they're just no longer together, but I've ALWAYS thought they were weirdly vague about it.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:42 am I'll confess, I'm actually not sure either. He says "She left," which I assumed meant she's alive they're just no longer together, but I've ALWAYS thought they were weirdly vague about it.
i hoped there was a comment about it in Kevin Limas Director Commentary Video https://youtu.be/O2a8rt49sNA?si=eXGLcjACG-jxQPHM, he didnt mention it, but they showed a snippet of the original draft that got cut, where Robert stated in more Detail that apparently his wife left him because "Baby comes. Bills. Fights. Exhaustion." I dont see a problem with that version, unfortunate that they cut it.
Kevin Lima Director Documentary Enchanted.jpg
Kevin Lima Director Documentary Enchanted.jpg (124.49 KiB) Viewed 117 times
But this means nothing for the final version, as they also cut the original explaination of where Elsas powers come from in the first, and with its deletion they had a way different way to explore its origins. So if a 3rd Enchanted is on its way, they can still decide if the moms dead or moved away :shrug:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink: