Greatest Villain Of All Time

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Greatest Villain Of All Time

Post by twihard »

carolinakid wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:15 pm My favorites are all females. When it comes to villains, no one tops the ladies in my book.

In chronological order:
The Evil Queen
Lady Tremaine
The Queen of Hearts
Maleficent
Cruella DeVil
Madam Mim
Madam Medusa
Ursula
agreed, I think the female villains are generally the best. It's funny because there actually aren't that many (basically just the ones you listed) but they get remembered more.

To answer this thread's question it has to be Maleficent. And I mean the real Maleficent not that Angelina jolie wannabe with CGI cheekbones. Sad too cuz Angelina Jolie is actually quite a good actress and humanitarian (despite her sordid love life) and probably would have aced the role if they had written a proper Maleficent.

I'll list my top 13 cuz that's a supernatural number so it seems fitting.

1. Maleficent
2. Evil Queen
3. Ursula
4. Jafar
5. Frollo
6. Lady Tremaine
7. Scar
8. Cruella
9. Medusa
10. Gaston
11. Queen of Hearts
12. Shere Khan
13. Chernabog

Honorable mentions to Stromboli and Ratcliffe. Stromboli used to scare me a lot and I rememeber Andreas Deja also put him as one of the top Disney villains so it isn't just me. I excluded him only cuz his screentime is so small. Then Ratcliffe I like way more than other ppl and David Ogden Stiers is amazing in everything. I excluded him cuz I think he's even better in Pocahontas 2 where he actually has scenes with her and I think it's better to focus only on the original movies for my rankings.
ALso love Zira from Lion King 2 (another female villain) but she's a sequel only villain so didn't include. Love that Suzanne Pleshette did so many movies for Disney in the 60s and still worked for them as Zira's voice actor. Like how the Roger actor from Dalmatians also did Grimsby decades later in Mermaid.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Greatest Villain Of All Time

Post by Disney Duster »

I did not know that about those voice actors of Roger and Zira! Cool!