Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Discussion

Post by Disney Duster »

Very informative and cool, CielSomnus! I guess Marc Davis saw her as a 16 year old, though still not an adult. However, there was no way the animators and Adrianna all agreed to make Snow White sound younger sometimes and animate that way, while older other times and animate according to that, too. They would have wanted her consistent throughout. It was the animators who saw her different, Adrianna would always voice her the same.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I finally sat down and watched the movie's new 4K restoration today. I do agree, it's not as drastic as Cinderella, but it's a beautiful presentation nonetheless. The line-art is visible throughout the entire movie, and thanks to the film grain, it has a filmic look. I did love the previous restoration too, but this is definitely the best the movie has looked so far.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New Kate Spade x Snow White Collection Debuts in Disney Springs
https://mickeyblog.com/2024/02/15/new-k ... y-springs/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flit

Post by Flit »

I'm new to this discussion, and I don't know if what I'm asking was discussed elsewhere.

I adore Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It's one of my favorites. I find it irksome that official Disney releases of anything relating to the film, hardly capture the correct shade or color of the hats of the seven dwarfs. Has anybody else noticed this? Is this something they've always given creative license on? Even at Disney World, the actors in the dwarf costumes aren't wearing the correct hat colors.

This leads me to think that either 1) I'm too detailed/anal of a person and nobody else notices this, or 2) the dwarfs aren't meant to have just one unique color for their hats.
"Very stubborn." -Pocahontas
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think some people have noticed. I don't think you are too anal. Details should be kept! I used to care about it for Disney World costumes, but now I kind of like the artistic license they take with the visuals, like how the princesses all have different but similar looks now (though I hate how they ruined Aurora's hair!).
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:07 am I think some people have noticed. I don't think you are too anal. Details should be kept! I used to care about it for Disney World costumes, but now I kind of like the artistic license they take with the visuals, like how the princesses all have different but similar looks now (though I hate how they ruined Aurora's hair!).
Duster, I havenโ€™t come across Aurora in the parks in maybe 6-7 years and we donโ€™t go to parades unless theyโ€™re new. Can you share with me what they did to her iconic hair? This is the first Iโ€™ve heard anything...
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, I can help!

So Aurora in the film originally has bangs with an upward curl on her left side, with full, round curls for the rest of her hair:

The parks did this for a while on their Aurora:

But then Disney Princess made over the princesses, perhaps for the parks, but either way, they combed out her bangs and twisted her curls into...this!:

Now the parks Aurora has a better crown and dress, but her hair is not near as pretty or original anymore:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Thank you!
Now I get it.....
The second park picture looks like a really bad wig.

And her makeup looks so heavy compared to the first park photo.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Glad I could help! I guess she looks a little more made up in the second parks picture.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Hot take: I think Aurora's original parks dress and tiara looked a bit... cheap. I actually like her updated look. I only wish they'd make the dress blue or violet because it'd fit her namesake.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

DisneyJedi wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:27 pm Hot take: I think Aurora's original parks dress and tiara looked a bit... cheap. I actually like her updated look. I only wish they'd make the dress blue or violet because it'd fit her namesake.
I don't have any problems with her new dress but the colors are not the right ones. I don't know why they are always using pastel colors on Aurora's pink gown
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyJedi wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:27 pm Hot take: I think Aurora's original parks dress and tiara looked a bit... cheap. I actually like her updated look. I only wish they'd make the dress blue or violet because it'd fit her namesake.
Yes, her new dress and crown are better. She needs her old hair back. What did you mean blue or violet fits her name sake? Because they represent night and sleeping?
Demirel

Post by Demirel »

Agree! Aurora's original dress, while cute, didn't do the same thing to me.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:26 pm
Yes, her new dress and crown are better. She needs her old hair back. What did you mean blue or violet fits her name sake? Because they represent night and sleeping?
Well, no. I'm referring to the fact her name is Aurora and her mother and father named her after the dawn and guess what color the sky is at dawn.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, you are right! It is violet! Well, part of the sky is blue, part is violet, part is pink, so pink is ok for when the sky has a lot of pink in it around dawn, right?
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

I always thought she was called Aurora based on the Aurora borealis :| oops
Demirel wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:56 am
Agree! Aurora's original dress, while cute, didn't do the same thing to me.
i smell bot :huh:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:43 pm i smell bot :huh:
I donโ€™t think you should reply to it Disneynerd if it is. Sotiris canโ€™t remove the account if itโ€™s actually a bot. I did that before and he replies to me saying that it is one and I felt really bad. :( :oops:
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
2. Good Night Mare by LOZAREENA (Song)
3. Disventure Camp (Web Series)
4. SHEESH by BABYMONSTER (Song)
5. The Way of the Househusband (Anime)
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I read somewhere than the first LE Aurora dolls released by Disney store were designed based on the moments of the day but honestly I don't find any sense on it. The pink one had a dark background in the box. This gown should represent the breaking dawn and not the night. The blue one however had a background that reminds more to a breaking dawn with pink tones.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:40 pm I donโ€™t think you should reply to it Disneynerd if it is. Sotiris canโ€™t remove the account if itโ€™s actually a bot. I did that before and he replies to me saying that it is one and I felt really bad. :( :oops:
Oh i didnt knew this, my bad :huh: thanks for letting me know, MoonMarc21! :thumb:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Here are some concept drawings for the 50th Anniversary release posters.
Image Image