Untitled Suzi Yoonessi Film

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Re: Disney Animation 2024 Film

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

I mean I don’t remember any Strange World teases in the end credits of Encanto and that film wasn’t announced until early December.

So, maybe in 1-2 weeks, we’ll get the announcement.

EDIT: Nevermind, there was one. But I do think the reason we haven’t gotten a tease in the end credits is because they wanted to focus on the Disney characters in the end credits who have come before Wish rather than have any Easter eggs for the next movie.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Well, 1 year out from this movie today. Let's hope it's Suzi Yoonessi's movie and not the Zootopia sequel having to be rushed out.
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Disney is for sure making a sequel next year, even if they had it planned for 2025 they will move it

If zootopia 2 was for 2025 and original movie for next year that will change
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

I hope not. I don't care if Zootopia 2 had strong test screenings, they shouldn't use that to try and rush animators on it or else they'll just be accelerating the Animation Guild into going on strike as how the animators on Across the Spider-Verse were treated.

It should be Suzi Yoonessi's movie. Save Zootopia 2 for 2025 and don't rush it, otherwise that will go against Iger's mantra of "quality over quantity."
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I've heard this movie was put on hiatus and there might not be a Disney Animation release in 2024.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

????Source????
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

PatchofBlue wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:06 pm ????Source????
It was written in another board. Not sure how reliable the source is so take it with a grain of salt.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

If this rumour is true, then I am honestly not surprised. I am expecting such an announcement following the lack of news on the following feature from WDAS, as well as Wish's failure on top of Strange World. There are bound to be shake-ups at WDAS after the latest crisis, and whatever those shake-ups are, they will undoubtedly affect the pipeline.

Personally, I hope Lee is replaced with somebody having a clearer vision. I find her tenure at WDAS very unsatisfying overall. Lasseter, for all his faults, was clearly the better CCO.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I don't personally hold Lee responsible, at least not solely, for their woes. The only films under her tenure that haven't landed well for me were Ralph Breaks the Internet, which was mostly finished when she came into the position, and Wish, which I think is more symptomatic of the larger identity crisis that besets the company as a whole beyond just the animation department. And of the two, "Ralph" is the only one I actively dislike.

Lee's also had to navigate extra hurdles that weren't there for Lasseter (Disney+ being one of the big ones). There's also still a Chapek-shaped hole in the wall at Disney that still needs to be repaired before I'm ready to start asking if I'm ready to let Lee go. (Another distinction between Chapek and Lee to me is that their contributions to Disney before their respective ascents to leadership were very different and foretold very different creative approaches. Lee's biggest contributions were Wreck-it Ralph and Frozen, both solid additions for the company. Chapek's tenure over Disney Parks, meanwhile, saw things like Pixar Pier at DCA.) Transition periods are tricky beasts, and there's a measure of patience owed, when the changing of the guard doesn't come just before a global pandemic.

I'd also say that also say that Lee oversaw Encanto, which became a major cultural moment for Disney. If anything the fact that it attained this despite a limp box office run makes it more impressive. If we're going to blame her for Wish and Strange World, we've also got to give her credit for her successes.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I feel like Lee was also put in place as a bit of a puppet CCO. To the media they could prop her up as the director of Frozen as well as the first woman in such a position of power at the studio. But behind the scenes she could easily bend to the will of the board. She was never the right one for the job.

It was much harder to meddle in Disney’s films under Lasseter. He was the creative beginning and end of his two studios. Under Lee we’ve regressed back to the days where everyone and their uncle’s neighbor’s dog was probably having an opinion on every story beat. And artists are leaking to the press about morale, which is a bad sign as well.

Make no mistake, Lasseter needed to go. He was creatively on his way out and there’s no real excuse for his behavior. And I hated how he presented his Hawaiian shirt wearing ass as the new Walt Disney. But right now?… A clear and authentic creative vision is needed. Lee’s had 6 years and too many misfires.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Farerb wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:14 pm
PatchofBlue wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:06 pm ????Source????
It was written in another board. Not sure how reliable the source is so take it with a grain of salt.
That's what I'm gonna do.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Courtesy of Skyler Shuler of The DisInsider, here’s a hint of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ movie for 2024 (implying it’s still coming out next year as planned): https://instagram.com/stories/skylershu ... ZmZTMwMg==.

MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Aussie Disney Girl a.k.a. Skye Roberts said that if the 2024 film is Suzi Yoonessi's film, the fairytale that she is basing it off has "mythical lakes, talking cockroaches, and deserts that stretch beyond the imagination". Here's the video: https://youtu.be/Rdhqt6n2g1Q?si=bqkDYhQDXCnKN_B6.

Although, I dunno which source she got that detail from, but she did reference the link Pepelord posted here and the hint Skyler Shuler gave in his Instagram Stories.
Last edited by MoonMarc21 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
2. Good Night Mare by LOZAREENA (Song)
3. Disventure Camp (Web Series)
4. SHEESH by BABYMONSTER (Song)
5. The Way of the Househusband (Anime)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I love a good fairytale film, but I wonder if there is some panic at Disney that their follow-up to Wish is another fairytale?
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:41 am I love a good fairytale film, but I wonder if there is some panic at Disney that their follow-up to Wish is another fairytale?
I don't think so. Concern sure, but panic, ehhh...They know that fairytales and magic are their bread and butter but for sure there will be some concern and dread in the studio since they may be thinking that their fairytale themed stories may not gel with the public anymore after all those years of success with them. It's concerning that many parents are asking if Wish is safe or not which is alarming if you ask me. Though, I think the reason why is because of Disney becoming "diverse" and whatnot.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
2. Good Night Mare by LOZAREENA (Song)
3. Disventure Camp (Web Series)
4. SHEESH by BABYMONSTER (Song)
5. The Way of the Househusband (Anime)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:41 am I love a good fairytale film, but I wonder if there is some panic at Disney that their follow-up to Wish is another fairytale?
I’m suddenly recalling the strange and uncertain attitude the company seemed to have when it came to marketing and even the naming of Tangled; they were obviously afraid a straightforward princess fairytale was going to scare away the highly-coveted boy audience.
MoonMarc21 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:49 am It's concerning that many parents are asking if Wish is safe or not which is alarming if you ask me. Though, I think the reason why is because of Disney becoming "diverse" and whatnot.
I think it’s a combination of the “diversity” as you’ve stated, and that there seems to be a mini “satanic panic” perception of the film.
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

MoonMarc21 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:37 am Aussie Disney Girl a.k.a. Skye Roberts said that if the 2024 film is Suzi Yoonessi's film, the fairytale that she is basing it off has "mythical lakes, talking cockroaches, and deserts that stretch beyond the imagination". Here's the video: https://youtu.be/Rdhqt6n2g1Q?si=bqkDYhQDXCnKN_B6.

Although, I dunno which source she got that detail from, but she did reference the link Pokenonbinary posted here and the hint Skyler Shuler gave in his Instagram Stories.
A persian tale about cockroaches and a river sounds similar to this one
https://folklore.usc.edu/auntie-cockroach-and-mr-mouse/

But I don’t know, I don’t see how the next big WDAS movie would adapt a story like this
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

That could be up to Suzi Yoonessi and her style of execution.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Seems like the movie is delayed. Disney released their slate for 2024 and the untitled wdas 2024 film is not listed there. https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/statu ... 95/photo/1
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

reee9948 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:08 pm Seems like the movie is delayed. Disney released their slate for 2024 and the untitled wdas 2024 film is not listed there. https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/statu ... 95/photo/1
Maybe they’ll release it March 2025, just so they have something audiences will like if they fear Snow White will be a flop.