Whats the scariest Disney scene of al time?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Whats the scariest Disney scene of al time?

Post by The Disneynerd »

Hey guys, scrolled through Instagram and saw a post that said the Sleeping Beauty lurking to the Spinning Wheel scene could be the most scariest scene of disney (and I kinda agree: the music, the voice, Auroras helpless hypnotized look on her face...) that Made me think of how many other Disney movies have terrifying scenes like Pinocchio or Cruella devils laugh in the live Action movie etc. So just wanted to ask which Disney scene is the most terrifying to you that still gives you chills? :huh:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Patricier21
Special Edition

Re: Whats the scariest Disney scene of al time?

Post by Patricier21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:03 am Hey guys, scrolled through Instagram and saw a post that said the Sleeping Beauty lurking to the Spinning Wheel scene could be the most scariest scene of disney (and I kinda agree: the music, the voice, Auroras helpless hypnotized look on her face...) that Made me think of how many other Disney movies have terrifying scenes like Pinocchio or Cruella devils laugh in the live Action movie etc. So just wanted to ask which Disney scene is the most terrifying to you that still gives you chills? :huh:
Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur: The entire second half of the cave scene of course most would find scary, But one of the scariest moments of any movie, Disney or otherwise Iโ€™ve ever encountered in my life, is the shot of the Carnotaur charging towards Aladรกr when he turns around and sees it chasing him! Still my favourite Disney movie of all time! :-)
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:03 am Hey guys, scrolled through Instagram and saw a post that said the Sleeping Beauty lurking to the Spinning Wheel scene could be the most scariest scene of disney (and I kinda agree: the music, the voice, Auroras helpless hypnotized look on her face...) that Made me think of how many other Disney movies have terrifying scenes like Pinocchio or Cruella devils laugh in the live Action movie etc. So just wanted to ask which Disney scene is the most terrifying to you that still gives you chills? :huh:
Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur: The entire second half of the cave scene of course most would find scary, But one of the scariest moments of any movie, Disney or otherwise Iโ€™ve ever encountered in my life, is the shot of the Carnotaur charging towards Aladรกr when he turns around and sees it chasing him! Still my favourite Disney movie of all time! :-)
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I donโ€™t find any sequence particularly scary, but I enjoy the creepy atmosphere of:

Snow White: Snow White fleeing into the forest and the scenes in the Queenโ€™s lab and dungeon

Pinocchio: the Pleasure Island sequence

Fantasia:The Night On Bald Mountain sequence

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad:
the Headless Horseman sequence
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Maybe not scared in the sense you mean, but I was the most scared for a Disney movie at the hunter scene in Bambi, as a child. It was probably the first time I realized silence can be scary too

And for Snow White while I didn't really care about the forest scene, the two seconds in the queen's dungeon with the corpse were pretty scary :huh:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Anything with Monstro.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

The scary forest sequence in Snow White and the Coachman`s creepy expression in Pinocchio.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

carolinakid wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:32 am Snow White: Snow White fleeing into the forest and the scenes in the Queenโ€™s lab and dungeon

Pinocchio: the Pleasure Island sequence

Fantasia:The Night On Bald Mountain sequence

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad:
the Headless Horseman sequence
I completely agree with all of these choices.
Almofadinhas

Post by Almofadinhas »

Personally there were three things I couldn't even stand to watch as a child.

The Night On Bald Mountain sequence in Fantasia. This was the easiest to deal with as I would simply stop the Fantasia VHS before it happened and pretend the movie ended.
The Headless Horseman scene in The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad, which I watched exactly once as a child and ran out of my room screaming and had to beg my mum to go turn off the VHS because I wouldn't go back into the room while it was still on.
The Peter and the Wolf short. That wolf terrified me, I would close my eyes whenever he was on screen and he kept showing up in my nightmares. But I still watched the short often for some reason :lol:

The scene of the kids turning into donkeys in Pinocchio was scary but tolerable for me as a kid, it actually disturbs me way more now as an adult.
petroben

Post by petroben »

Hey! I totally get what you mean about the Sleeping Beauty sceneโ€”it's hauntingly captivating. Disney has a knack for creating intense and memorable moments. Personally, the transformation scene in "Beauty and the Beast" always gives me chills. The combination of the animation, music, and emotions is just magical. And your favorite Disney songs list is on point!
petroben
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

petroben wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:09 amHey! I totally get what you mean about the Sleeping Beauty sceneโ€”it's hauntingly captivating. Disney has a knack for creating intense and memorable moments. Personally, the transformation scene in "Beauty and the Beast" always gives me chills. The combination of the animation, music, and emotions is just magical. And your favorite Disney songs list is on point!
I'm honestly shocked that this response was made by a bot. :shock: The AI generation of spam bots is scary. :huh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Just program words like "haunting" and "captivating" in relation to scenes about being scary, and "animation", "music", "emotions", and "magical" in relation to a Disney cartoon into an A.I. bot and viola! Haha
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

petroben wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:09 am ...And your favorite Disney songs list is on point!
Thank you Bot! :D
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:10 pm Just program words like "haunting" and "captivating" in relation to scenes about being scary, and "animation", "music", "emotions", and "magical" in relation to a Disney cartoon into an A.I. bot and viola! Haha
And thats just the beginning of AI...We are doomed.
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

For me, the scariest Disney scene is the Queen's transformation in Snow White. To this day, I can remember the first time I saw the movie, and that scene where she says "The heart of a pig?! Then, I've been tricked!" She has such an intense look in her eyes, and it scared the crap out of me. :lol: :lol:

She's the only Disney Villain that ever gave me nightmares. I wasn't scared of the Hag as much as the Queen herself.
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

For me, personally, I always think the first scene in Bambi, where The Great Prince walks up on the hill, all majestic, stands and listens, and the music turns quiet, and then... The music turns fearful, quiet at first, but it builds, slowly... Like the theme of Jaws. That scene is really scary and chilling! :o
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hmmm... I can't say that any scene in a Disney movie SCARED me. I guess the fact that it was animation made it feel less threatening to me.
As an adult, looking back... I think the scene in Pinocchio where Lampwick turns into a donkey is pretty scary/disturbing, specially because he is desperately calling for his "momma"...

Now... I wasn't scared by this, but as a young child, there was a scene from Sleeping Beauty that really haunted me: it's when Prince Phillips is escaping his dungeon, and the raven and all the goons are coming down the staircase toward camera. No idea why... and in my head, it was all bats. Again: VERY young child hahaha.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Vlad, the Queen more than the hag? Wow!

VanessaFan, interesting!

Marce, the creatures coming down to the camera actually is kinda scary!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

As a child, the stampede scene and death of Mufasa was the only scene in a Disney movie that frightened me.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Interesting. That scene is a different kind of scary. And sad.