LEGO Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

What is your favorite Lego Disney set so far?

Toy Story
27%
Pirates of the Caribbean
53%
Cars
No votes
Duplo Baby Mickey
No votes
Duplo Toy Story
No votes
Prince of Persia
13%
Duplo Winnie-the-Pooh
7%
Duplo Cars
No votes

Total votes: 15

Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: LEGO Disney - New Set 9/2016!

Post by Mooky »

I am beyond impressed with it, so I absolutely recommend it in case you decide to get one. :)
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Mooky wrote:I am beyond impressed with it, so I absolutely recommend it in case you decide to get one. :)
I'm still interested in the current jumbo Wall-E set, but I'd love if they put out a few minifigure size versions from the film. What would be great is if LEGO put out a "Best of PIXAR" series for all the non-Toy Story and Cars films. I've heard that the license from Disney is very expensive however, which might be why LEGO hasn't done such things. However, if this Castle set sells as well as it looks like it might, and of course off the success of the minifigures, etc, who knows?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

LEGO Disney minfigures wave 2 is coming May 1st!

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/03/ ... aled-news/

The new 18 minifigs are:
- Vintage Mickey
- Vintage Minnie
- Scrooge McDuck
- Huey
- Dewey
- Louie
- Chip
- Dale
- Jasmine
- Jafar
- Hercules
- Hades
- Elsa
- Anna
- Jack Skellington
- Sally
- Frozone
- Edna Mode

I'm overall very pleased with the selection for wave 2. I would have preferred Goofy and Pluto instead of another Mickey and Minnie, especially because they're also in the Steamboat Willie set. Hercules and Hades are a complete surprise given how Disney does almost nothing to promote their movie. And nice to finally have all four main Aladdin characters in LEGO form. I guess they're saving Belle, the Beast and Mulan for wave 3.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I like the new minifig choices a lot. Maybe we'll get Goofy and Pluto in whatever big Disney set will accompany this wave. At the very least, their exclusion pretty much confirms a third wave. Hope to see more classic Disney characters though from Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Winnie the Pooh, etc. Not to mention, I'd love to see representation from Pocahontas and Hunchback, since BATB is a given.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Hercules minifigures give me hope we'll get Hunchback and Pocahontas characters eventually. Compared to wave 1, wave 2 is kind of short on Walt-era characters, so Pinocchio and maybe Merlin would have been nice additions.

I never got the Disney castle, because as beautiful as it was, it was way over my budget. I don't know if my local LEGO store still carries it, because I have some loyalty points I could use towards deducting the retail price.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Mooky wrote: I never got the Disney castle, because as beautiful as it was, it was way over my budget. I don't know if my local LEGO store still carries it, because I have some loyalty points I could use towards deducting the retail price.
Even if your Lego Store doesn't currently have it as part of retail, you could probably go there and ask them to order it and then pick it up later when it arrives. Or maybe even get it delivered to your home.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I checked and they do have it. It's the last one they have in stock, comes down to about $430, and with my loyalty points I could probably knock an extra $70 off the price. But I'm also keen on those Harry Potter sets from last year :/

In other news, here's the review of the Disney wave 2 minifigs: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/ ... ore-175693

Everything seems great so far. I agree with the review when it comes to how Jasmine's body paint turned out. It does look a bit weird.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

No pics as of yet, but there are leaks regarding new Lego Disney minifigures (series 3) which will be released as part of the Disney 100 celebrations. The 18 new minifigures are:
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- Pinocchio
- Jiminy Cricket
- Sorcerer Mickey
- Tiana
- Dr. Facilier
- Queen of Hearts
- Aurora
- Mulan & Cri-Kee
- Ernesto de la Cruz
- Miguel & Dante
- Pocahontas
- Cruella de Vil & a dalmatian
- Robin Hood
- Prince John
- Stitch with four arms
- Baymax
- Evil Queen & Magic Mirror

Lots of goodies here!
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I LOVE these sets! I've been slowly collecting the minifigs and the larger sets to make my own sort of Disneyland. So far, I have both full minifig sets, the large Cinderella's Castle, the Steamboat Willie set, the Winnie the Pooh set, and the Tron Legacy Light cycle set. Beyond that, I have a Millennium Falcon and Avenger's Tower set with some minifigs of my favorite characters to fill in some. I've passed on the Haunted Mansion set because it's a smaller scale, I wish it were a bigger set.

The news of the newer minifig series is exciting, but I wonder if it's all the way true. I think some pieces are almost a given (Sorcerer Mickey for example), but the past sets ran more in pairs and some of the characters chosen are more left field (albeit, more to my personal taste). I'm just going to hold myself together more until we get a formal announcement or some pictures. If this rumor is 100% true, this is a WONDERFUL set!!!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

(Another) One of us! (Another) One of us! :D :wave:
singerguy04 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:12 amThe news of the newer minifig series is exciting, but I wonder if it's all the way true. I think some pieces are almost a given (Sorcerer Mickey for example), but the past sets ran more in pairs and some of the characters chosen are more left field (albeit, more to my personal taste). I'm just going to hold myself together more until we get a formal announcement or some pictures. If this rumor is 100% true, this is a WONDERFUL set!!!
I understand the apprehension, but LEGO scoops are pretty reliable. As for the prior series' minifigs coming in pairs compared to the ones in this series, think of unpaired ones as more of an addition to what came before (i.e. Aurora to Maleficent) or as icons in their own right that are difficult to pair with anything else that's equally recognizable or popular (Sorcerer Mickey, Oswald, Mulan, Pocahontas). They do the same with "regular" collectible minifigs to entice you to collect as many as possible because you never know if a minifigure will be paired up with another one in the future, and collector's mentality is that you have to have them all :roll: The female ice skater minifig came out in 2011 and only got her "pair" in 2022 with the male ice champion (same costume and all), or genie in 2012 and female genie in 2014.

There are also rumors about a new LEGO Disney Castle coming out as part of Disney's 100 YoW celebrations, and the lack of Snow White, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast characters as collectible minifigures makes me think they may be exclusive to this new castle. People think that the arm in the teaser below belongs to Tinker Bell, but I kinda suspect it's actually Cinderella's Fairy Godmother.

In any case, the minifigures are just the beginning as they stated the whole year will be full of LEGO Disney releases.

I really got into collecting LEGO sets over the last six years (only had a few simple sets growing up), and the pandemic didn't really help what with free time and discounted sets. I hope to eventually build a LEGO city of my own and I've been collecting various sets from different themes (modulars, City, Harry Potter, Castle, Disney, Star Wars) in the hopes I'll be able to display them all once the way they deserve. As for Disney-themed ones, I too have both prior minifigure series, two Disney castles (the big one -- caved in an bought it -- and the mini one), the train station, LEGO Ideas' WALL-E and Winnie the Pooh sets, selected Star Wars sets, and the Mickey and Minnie camping trip set (because I love LEGO RVs and trailers, and it was also the way to get the Pluto minifigure). Never got into Marvel sets though.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Mooky wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:26 am I really got into collecting LEGO sets over the last six years (only had a few simple sets growing up), and the pandemic didn't really help what with free time and discounted sets. I hope to eventually build a LEGO city of my own and I've been collecting various sets from different themes (modulars, City, Harry Potter, Castle, Disney, Star Wars) in the hopes I'll be able to display them all once the way they deserve. As for Disney-themed ones, I too have both prior minifigure series, two Disney castles (the big one -- caved in an bought it -- and the mini one), the train station, LEGO Ideas' WALL-E and Winnie the Pooh sets, selected Star Wars sets, and the Mickey and Minnie camping trip set (because I love LEGO RVs and trailers, and it was also the way to get the Pluto minifigure). Never got into Marvel sets though.
Thank you for welcoming me in, lol! I had a few sets before the pandemic, but that REALLY got me to commit lol. I really need to get my hands on the Train Station! I'm really hoping we see some of the other castles this year for the 100. Specifically Sleeping Beauty's castle in both Anaheim and Paris!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

First look at the LEGO Up set and the Disney Celebration Train set:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-disney ... irst-look/
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I am such a sucker! Take all my money!!!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

First look at Disney CMF series 3!

Release date: May 1, 2023 (but apparently some people have already found them in stores)

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego/lego-71 ... e-beelden/
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Gosh, these look so good! My wallet's going to be hurting...
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Tell me about it... Especially with new Harry Potter sets coming out as well.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

This might be a dumb question, but will they come in blind pouches? A set? Figurine only or in a building set?
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Not a silly question at all. The minifigures come in individual blind buy polybags, one minifigure per bag. This of course makes them hard to identify but not impossible: even before they hit shelves, reviewers post these so-called "feel guides" where they detail which elements are unique to each minifigure or most easily identifiable to help you find the exact figure you want by "feeling up" the bag. For example, for the Queen of Hearts it should be her bulky skirt element, so you'd be feeling up the bag for that. For Oswald it should be his ears, for Mickey the broomstick element, for Pocahontas her soft hairpiece or one of the "leaf" elements. You'll notice that both Miguel and Ernesto come with a guitar so that will not be a unique element to them. So if you want Miguel, and you feel up the guitar, you will also have to feel up for Dante to confirm that it's not Ernesto in the bag. Hope this helps!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Those are great pointers- thank you!!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: LEGO Disney

Post by Mooky »

New Disney 100 sets alerts:

Villains Collection

Villains Collection is a collection of objects and minifigures of the most iconic Disney villains. The set includes four minifigures: Evil Queen in her old witch form, Genie Jafar, Maleficent and Gaston. LEGO has provided the minifigures with new prints for the torsos and legs.

In addition to the minifigures, various objects are built with the 1540 bricks. In the image we see a card from Alice in Wonderland lying on top of an Aladdin book with a videotape of The Little Mermaid next to it. The set also contains a book of Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty), a clock that refers to Peter Pan and the poisonous apple known from Snow White.
https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-disney/ ... on-gelekt/

Disney Duos

The set is entitled 'Disney Duos' as for a price of $44.99 there are four duos of characters included in 43226.

These are Cogsworth and Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast, Nemo and Squirt from Finding Nemo, Hei Hei and Pua from Moana, and finally Percy and Meeko from Pocahontas.
https://www.bricksup.co.uk/post/lego-di ... -june-2023

New Disney Castle
Disney and LEGO are teaming up again with a brand new 18+ Disney Castle coming on 1st July 2023. 43222 is a remake of 2016s The Disney Castle but in a much bigger form with a brand new lineup of 12 Minifigures. This comes thanks to Promobricks.de who have given us more information on the 18+ D2C which will be the biggest LEGO Disney set ever with 4,837 pieces and a price tag of $339.99.

This is $50 more expensive than 2016s LEGO Disney Castle but with 800 more pieces making it well worth that $400 price tag. Compared to the 2016 version, 2023s Disney 100 version will be a lot more colourful with a lot more hints of gold and blue along with an expanded interior.

These will allow the 12 Minifigures to fully enjoy the D2C with many rooms and iconic scenes from the Disney franchise. Currently, four Minifigures are unconfirmed but we do know that Snow White, Prince Florian, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Princess Aurora, Prince Philip, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. We expect two of these to also be Belle and Beast especially as Gaston is in another set.
https://www.bricksup.co.uk/post/lego-di ... -july-2023

The Enchanted Treehouse

The set has 1016 bricks and contains 13 minidolls of Alice, Belle, Princess Jasmine, Mirabel, Moana, Mulan, Pocahontas, Raya, Tiana, Tinker Bell, Wendy, Anna and Elsa.

The LEGO set includes a two-story tree house for kids and adults to build, along with a waterfall, zip line and various accessories and functions. Some of these features include a hidden cave behind the waterfall and a secret stairway in the treehouse.

100 Years of Disney Animation Icons

The set consists of 1022 bricks and can best be described as a mix between LEGO Art and Dots. Builders can choose from 6 collections with 12 designs, which means a total of 72 figures to build, 9 of which fit into the frame. The images include Dumbo, Chip & Dale, Mickey, Olaf and various Disney princesses.

More pics and info at: https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-disney/ ... i-te-koop/