Disney Store Exculsive 17" Princess Dolls

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Store Exculsive 17" Princess Dolls

Post by unprincess »

hey there is a 40% off sale on shopdisney.com going on right now and the Designer Princess dolls are included, except for Cinderella whose doll came out the most recent. The discount will make them very affordable! There's since been released 5 more dolls: Snow White, Moana, Rapunzel, Merida and Cinderella. I will very likely get Merida as I think she looks badass and I feel the design suits her(and Im a sucker for tartan.) Dont really care for the other 4. I think they tried to redo something similar to her Premier doll with Snow White(same colors) but its just not the same...Cinderella is ok but I just dont like her in pants.

https://www.shopdisney.com/characters/d ... lectibles/

There's supposed to be 15 dolls in the series so there are 4 princesses left to get dolls. I assume 3 of them will be Belle, Elsa and Anna. Which leaves one left which I think may be Raya since they will supposedly be adding her to the Princess line soon.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I actually think the Cinderella doll looks great, but I don't buy princess dolls in modern clothes. Snow White still looks really different from her movie premiere doll.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

unprincess wrote:hey there is a 40% off sale on shopdisney.com going on right now and the Designer Princess dolls are included, except for Cinderella whose doll came out the most recent. The discount will make them very affordable! There's since been released 5 more dolls: Snow White, Moana, Rapunzel, Merida and Cinderella. I will very likely get Merida as I think she looks badass and I feel the design suits her(and Im a sucker for tartan.) Dont really care for the other 4. I think they tried to redo something similar to her Premier doll with Snow White(same colors) but its just not the same...Cinderella is ok but I just dont like her in pants.

https://www.shopdisney.com/characters/d ... lectibles/

There's supposed to be 15 dolls in the series so there are 4 princesses left to get dolls. I assume 3 of them will be Belle, Elsa and Anna. Which leaves one left which I think may be Raya since they will supposedly be adding her to the Princess line soon.
Anna and Elsa are not going to be part of the collection. They are going to repeat Tiana, Aurora and Ariel. It was confimed a few weeks ago.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^really?! How strange, and a shame. They could have used the last 3-4 spots for characters who don't usually get designer dolls. Do you know where this info was leaked/posted?

I would have chosen:

Kida(she got a 17 inch last year so this could have been her 12 inch doll)
Blue Fairy(new live action is coming out )
Alice or Tinkerbell (they are probably the most popular non princess characters, also has anniversary next year)
Eilonwy (b/c it about time!)
Megara or Esmeralda(wouldn't have minded another Meg, her 17 inch sold out before I had a chance to get her)
Raya or Mirabel (though Mirabel will probably get a doll for a separate designer Encanto line)

I really thought Elsa & Anna would have gotten 2 of the spots for next year b/c of the 10th anniversary of the film, but maybe they decided to release them as their own thing. Or maybe they'll just do 17 inch dolls instead.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Although I'm a fan of those 3 princesses in particular, I am also surprised and a little annoyed they are repeating instead of using some new girls instead. I would've LOVED to see Megara, Esmerelda, and Kida in particular!

Either way, I guess my opinion doesn't really matter since I haven't bought any of the dolls anyway. I did pick up a few of the pins when they went on sale.

I just like seeing them being made, and I think having collections like this (with limited runs) gives the best opportunity to shine a light on lesser known and more obscure characters. Can't we cater to the niche groups too?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree with you unprincess and singerguy04. They should use this opportunity to appeal to the niche fans.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

So these might be the Frozen dolls for next year's 10th anniversary. Though they aren't necessarily being designated as "10th anniversary" dolls... they might release 17 inch size dolls for that.

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/2696-di ... dolls.html

they're cute...dont know if Ill get them...they will probably sell out before I even finally decide whether I will buy them or not. :P
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Those Frozen dolls are amazingly beautiful.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

unprincess wrote:So these might be the Frozen dolls for next year's 10th anniversary. Though they aren't necessarily being designated as "10th anniversary" dolls... they might release 17 inch size dolls for that.

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/2696-di ... dolls.html

they're cute...dont know if Ill get them...they will probably sell out before I even finally decide whether I will buy them or not. :P
Those dolls are beautiful! I want a full princess line in THIS style now! I might even pick up a few rotfl
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

So it looks like we were all wrong about who is coming next in the designer series. Shuri from Black Panther made her debut at D23 and is now available at shopdisney.com.

https://www.shopdisney.com/shuri-marvel ... osition=29
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Shuri is instead of a princess? (Disney Princess branding I mean since she's a Wakandan princess?)
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

no I dont think this is part of the ongoing Disney Princess designer line, it seems to be a new separate Marvel designer line.

There were a bunch of new Designer dolls released for D23, I think they're exclusives for the event though, I havent seen them show up at shopdisney.com yet:
Giselle Bride
Snow White Bride
Merida
Jasmine in blue
Hercules and Megara set
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

It seems that Giselle is going to be the only one that is not going to have a public release in shop Disney. Jasmine, Merida and Snow White are going to have variants editions.
Someone asked if they were going to release Giselle in her Pink gown and one of the designers responded that they didn't have plans to release her because they made the masquerade set few years ago.
In my opinion the Giselle that came in that set doesn't look la the characters. Even the color of his gown is not accurate...
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Collaborates With CreativeSoul Photography on Diverse Princess-Inspired Dolls
https://wdwnt.com/2023/01/disney-prince ... rse-dolls/