Lion King Trilogy Box Shot

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jens
Special Edition

Lion King Trilogy Box Shot

Post by Jens »

I'm suprised Luke didn't post this yet on the site, so here I go:

I actually don't like it too much, doesn't impress me at all. But that's only my opinion ;) Enjoy!
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

OMG! that looks freakin awesome!!!!

Now...how in the world will I be able to get just the box...

WILL PAY ANYTHING!!!!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Looks like its the same as the new European Aladdin Trilogy cover stylistically. So I expect the Aladdin Trilogy in America to be the same as the European cover.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Bah... no thanks. :roll:

It'd be one thing if the box was elegantly designed, like the TLK Gift Set or the European trilogy box, but this is just a crappy amalgam of pre-existing character clip art thrown together in a hurry - there's no rhyme or reason to it at all.

Fugly collage? For $70? Eh... no. e_e

EDIT: I see what you mean about the Region 2 Aladdin Trilogy art, Netty - it is quite similar...

Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Paka wrote:Bah... no thanks. :roll:

It'd be one thing if the box was elegantly designed, like the TLK Gift Set or the European trilogy box, but this is just a crappy amalgam of pre-existing character clip art thrown together in a hurry - there's no rhyme or reason to it at all.

Fugly collage? For $70? Eh... no. e_e

EDIT: I see what you mean about the Region 2 Aladdin Trilogy art, Netty - it is quite similar...
you do make a good point, what was I thinking? I want the European Lion King box!!!
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Paka wrote: Image
Poor Sultain... he's got the Disney DVD logo over his face, hehehe.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Why would someone buy The Lion King Box Set if they already own all three Lion Kings films couldn't they just release it at the same time all three of the Lion King films. Instead of releasing them all different times and then a trilogy pack.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Why would someone buy The Lion King Box Set if they already own all three Lion Kings films couldn't they just release it at the same time all three of the Lion King films. Instead of releasing them all different times and then a trilogy pack.
Anal retentive collectors? :P

I'd say they are going for the Xmas market - people who haven't bought any but are looking for a gift set to give someone.

Believe it or not, some people haven't bought any of the Lion King DVDs!

Besides which, the three LK movies came out at different times. They have given a logical window for each to be sold separately, and now all together.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Loomis Wrote:
I'd say they are going for the Xmas market - people who haven't bought any but are looking for a gift set to give someone.

Yeah, I know what you’re talking about Loomis all those last minute shoppers and some I know who are related to me. :lol:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

Well I actually kind of... kind of like The Lion King 2. I mean it was the best Disney sequel. The Lion King 1/2 is a complete waste of money, altough it is also the best direct to Dvd sequel Disney has made.

So the box set is a nice idea; especially since it will be the last time and only way to get The Lion King now. Altough as said before, almost everyone bought the movie already. And another thing came to mind. What happens to the people that bought the Collector's Edition? Are they willing to pay fot this box set just because of the pack?

With Aladdin is another thing. I must admit that The Return of Jafar is a bad movie. Aladdin and the King of Thieves is better (and what I like the most is that they concluded the story; with the song). So I'm going to buy the other 2 just because I love Aladdin. But I simply would not wait for the pack to come out. Especially because I ordered the Collector's Edition.

And as said above the idea of the packaging is good but they could have worked it better. In this way The Lion King set looks better because of the way the characters are placed and because they're not as bad looking as Aladdin's.
You're right! Is there any reason to put Disney Dvd? Obviusly a VHS set couldn't fit in that box. And besides they can put in the upper part of the spine.
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Loomis Wrote:

Yeah, I know what you’re talking about Loomis all those last minute shoppers and some I know who are related to me. :lol:
Believe it or not, some people don't know that Disney DVDs go OOP, let alone when. :roll:
My Blog

- Paul
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Overall I think it looks pretty good. The minor things that bug me are Nala's chin (I don't like when it looks all furry like she has some blossoming goatee) and the rectangle around the logos of part 1 and 2; those just look cheap. My neighbor borrowed The Lion King 1 1/2 from me and lost it so maybe I'll make her buy me this gift set.

And Jens, the last couple times I tried going to your site it didn't work. Is it just me or is there really a problem?
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Christian wrote:Overall I think it looks pretty good. The minor things that bug me are Nala's chin (I don't like when it looks all furry like she has some blossoming goatee) and the rectangle around the logos of part 1 and 2; those just look cheap. My neighbor borrowed The Lion King 1 1/2 from me and lost it so maybe I'll make her buy me this gift set.

And Jens, the last couple times I tried going to your site it didn't work. Is it just me or is there really a problem?
The border around The Lion King 1 1/2 was the exact same border they used for Lion King 2: Simba's Pride when it first came out on VHS in 1998.

Image Image
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Personally i prefer the U.K trilogy box

Anaël
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anaël »

Joe Carioca wrote:
Paka wrote: Image
LOOOOOOOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

I actually really like the Trilogy box I thin its looks great I like it more than the Aladdin one a that has been posted buty I all reayd have all three so I wont be getting it.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

ichabod wrote:Personally i prefer the U.K trilogy box

WOW! That's much better than the American one!

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Swiss
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Swiss »

It's beautiful the UK edition.

EDIT: My 200th post and my new status 'Special Edition' :o
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

It's a real shame that the us box set is not the same as the UK, I was holding off on getting the 2 sequels, because I thought I might buuy the trilogy sey, but after seeing the US one compared to the UK one, I just don't think I could be satisfied :( ...

Any chance someone in the UK would like to sell me their box, just the box? :ears:
Defy Gravity
Celtic
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Celtic »

Why haven't the UK & US markets numbered the LK dvd's the same. UK says LK 1, 2, 3 & US market says LK 1, 1-1/2, 2.

Think I'll have to get the UK trilogy.....just because I rather the cover. :lol: