Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

Post by Kyle »

I dont buy that they would edit dumbo. I kinda dont buy that they would make any new edits they havent already made to any of their movies, so long as they've already been released on modern formats.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I hope you're both right. Well, I have noticed some inaccuracies on reputable sites like The Hollywood Reporter before. Maybe not as big as this one would be if it was fake, but it's possible they're mistaken. We'll have to wait to hear it from Disney themselves, as you Disney's Divinity said, to know for sure if it's true.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

They might also just not announce it officially at all and"stealth" release the edited version on D+. They'd probably prefer that it not get any attention.

BTW what a bad year for Dumbo huh? The LA movie bombs and now the original animated one might get butchered. Poor baby elephant. :(
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

If Disney is only now this concerned about the sequence and doesn't think it should be shown, maybe just... don't put the movie on the service. I'd rather it not be available on here, and still able to buy uncensored, than butchered.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

unprincess wrote:They might also just not announce it officially at all and"stealth" release the edited version on D+. They'd probably prefer that it not get any attention.
Unless they want to show how progressive they are. But, given that this is something that could be controversial, I think you could be right and we might not have any confirmation of that until the streaming service launches.
Avaitor wrote:If Disney is only now this concerned about the sequence and doesn't think it should be shown, maybe just... don't put the movie on the service. I'd rather it not be available on here, and still able to buy uncensored, than butchered.
What I'm worried about is that maybe they will sell the new censored version on physical media too from now on, instead of the original one.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

What I'm really questioning is what film will be on the chopping block next, because I think it's safe to say that Dumbo will just be the first (and technically not even the first considering Fantasia and Song of the South). I'm guessing Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, or The Aristocats. The former and latter could be modified without changing their respective plotlines but it would be very difficult to remove the Si & Am sequence from Lady and the Tramp without disrupting the narrative.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Floyd Norman talks about the crows from Dumbo. It's an interesting read.

Black Crows and Other PC Nonsense
http://floydnormancom.squarespace.com/b ... c-nonsense
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Thanks for posting! That was a really interesting read and the reference to the vultures in The Jungle Book is a pretty good comparison that most people disregard.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Reads like the ravings of an old man telling the young kids to get off his lawn. The part regarding Disney needing "courage" is particularly laughable. As if this forum isn't enough evidence of courage on their part in caring about social progress in their film depictions; seems like a day doesn't go by without complaining about strong female characters or rants with insults like SJWs all over the place. Even if it does happen--and that's still a big if, imo--nobody is forcing a company like Disney to do anything. If Floyd doesn't like what Disney chooses to do with their film library, that's his problem.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think Floyd was almost right on the money. But white people never pretended to be another race in the vultures or Soggy Bottom Boys. But he's right that plenty of mistakes were made in the past, and they should stay in the movies as the mistakes they are.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

The big guns are coming out: Deadline.com is reporting that Avengers: Endgame will be premiering on Disney+ on December 11th.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Hulu Will Offer Disney+ as an Add-On – Here’s What That Means For Current Subscribers
https://www.slashfilm.com/hulu-disney-add-on/
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Is this scene cut from the Blu-ray? :angry:
blackcauldron85

Disney+ to Adapt Award-Winning Novel “Challenger Deep,” with “Toy Story 4” Scribe Will McCormack Writing
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... k-writing/

Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu Pavilions Announced for D23 Expo 2019
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... expo-2019/
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

So far I’m not that impressed with the number of nostalgia content this streaming service will host especially regarding old TV series like the ones from the Disney Afternoon but I guess there might be huge surprises and further details about what will be uploaded when they’ll do additional announcements at the first day of the upcoming D23 Expo.
blackcauldron85

Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ package info:
https://www.thewrap.com/disney-streamin ... espn-plus/
(via Fandom)

Some non-Disney remakes:
https://mobile.twitter.com/getFANDOM/st ... 0061487105
• 'Home Alone'
• 'Night at the Museum'
• 'Diary of a Whimpy Kid'
• 'Cheaper by the Dozen'
blackcauldron85

Disney Declares Hollywood’s Future: Big Movies in Theaters, Everything Else Is Streaming
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/disne ... 202164235/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

According to Walt Disney Television Animation News, Home Alone, Cheaper By The Dozen, Night At The Museum and Diary Of A Wimpy Kid will be re-imagined for Disney + as TV series.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

TheForce.net has posted a list of titles expected to be on D+ day-and-date with launch.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

This is getting more ridiculous by the minute. So if all the other Hollywood studios adopt Disney's strategy we will only be left with the huge 'blockbuster' films released in cinemas. And the only way to view anything else will be to have a subscription for at least three other streaming services (e.g. Netflix, Disney+, Hulu), because obviously one subscription will not do if you want some variety.

I think I prefer watching movies the way I did when I was a kid - on craptacular quality pirated VHS cassettes. At least back then I could still watch the movies I wanted to. :evil: