BAMBI Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

We know that "And Much, Much More" has to mean something this time, because there's the audio commentary (or commentaries), music video, and galleries not listed, for one. The release is six months and a day away, so they've got plenty of time to update things, and I'm sure they will.

No matter what, I'm very excited about this release.
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I still remember going to see it when I was five years old.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Yes. One of my favorite films from childhood finally getting the DVD treatment. :)
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

YAHOO! I'm so excited!!! And taken aback that this has a PR so quickly....

I'm sure this will look suttening! And, the audio will be crisp and top-notch. Considering Mary Poppins got a EHT mix, why exactly can't Bambi get one. Think about the surround during the storm or Bambi yelling "Mother!". There's alot more "5.1" opportunities in Bambi then there was in Snow White.

As for the bonus features, I seem to be one of the few that are pumped.... Sure, its rather thin as of now but we got a ways to go as many of you have said. C'mon, we're getting lots so far:

1. A full-blown documentary (prob new according to Joe), that will hopefully cover everything about its seven year production.
2. Walt's Annotated Bambi: Seems cool with the re-enactment and all, tho I can't imagine who would do Walts voice
3. Deleted Scenes (reminds me of what Disney's done with Aladdin's "lost" songs)
4. Disneypedia is informative (too bad TLK didnt have one, tho TLK 2 does)
5. Disney Time Capsule: Sounds like a very interesting feature to me (like Disney thru the Decades from SW), and I wish each animated classics/Platinum gets this featurette.

And, we all know there's gotta be a commentary and galleries. Hopefulyl we'll get the trailers. And, following DVDFile's post, I can just imagine Disney including a "new music video".

It is rather disappointing Bambi isnt getting a Giftset...

I really hate how Disney keeps changing everything about each Platinum. Its like they dont even follow a format plan. I wish everything ahd been throughly planned for the Platinums way early on, and everything would have meshed together much more nicely. I mean, did we really need the other decades from disney following and preceding SW included on its DVD? I do think the releases are continually improving each time (Bambi's release reminds me of the Aladdin release with SWs "back in the day" features), but it would've been greatly appreciated if Disney had at least prepared and made the DVD in a actual collection like WB's SEs or even the Golden Collection. Then, afterwards they were released like 4 per year, one each season! (a man can dream). Boy, it just aggravates me so! I wish I were running the DVD productions, I'd make some greatly needed chanegs!

Thanks Luke for the quick PR and the email newsletter! I might have nto found out till tomorrowif it werent for that!
My Blog

- Paul
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

grr...
Last edited by toonaspie on Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

yoda_four wrote:
1. A full-blown documentary (prob new according to Joe), that will hopefully cover everything about its seven year production.
2. Walt's Annotated Bambi: Seems cool with the re-enactment and all, tho I can't imagine who would do Walts voice
3. Deleted Scenes (reminds me of what Disney's done with Aladdin's "lost" songs)
5. Disney Time Capsule: Sounds like a very interesting feature to me (like Disney thru the Decades from SW), and I wish each animated classics/Platinum gets this featurette.
aww I wanted the gift set
but all that makes it worth buyin enough
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

So, are we positive that there absolutely will not be a gift set?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Christian wrote:So, are we positive that there absolutely will not be a gift set?
Well, it doesn't look so likely, but this isn't as complete a press release as <i>Aladdin</i>'s, which mentioned it.

Looking back, <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... p?t=6">The Lion King</a>'s press release didn't say anything about a Gift Set, and there was one. Judging by how popular the Gift Sets are among us Disney DVD collectors here, I'm sure that they're a profitable (if somewhat niche) product for Disney.

I do hope <i>Bambi</i> gets one.
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Looking back, The Lion King's press release didn't say anything about a Gift Set, and there was one.
Cool, this was the type of statement I was looking for and it's coming from somebody who knows their stuff. So, maybe there's at least a glimmer of hope for a Bambi gift set.
glenn

Post by glenn »

Finally! I havn't seen this before, and I'm soo looking forward to this release! I think they will annonce more extras in the upcoming 7 months to the release. The only thing I'm really missing is the commentary. Galleries will deffinetly be there and I think there will be a trailer to. Like Yoda_four said:
yoda_four wrote:C'mon, we're getting lots so far:

lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Pretty cool

Post by lolopimp »

I am reallylooking forward tothisPlatinum Edition. Bambi really deserves this treatment. I can't wait to see how it looks and sounds. Still don't believe they created a an Enhaced Home Theater sound. on such an old movie. Not that it don't deserve it, it does but, for such an old movie it might have been really difficult to create one, but with today's technology, i have no doubt it will be a great experience. I really don't care about the features, justthe movie. 9,600 hours of restoration sounds painful but worthwhile. Can't wait for this release.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

9600 hours is equal to 400 days or one year and almost two months. Wow, Disney spent a long time restoring Bambi. :)
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

So about a month before we get Aladdin on dvd we have this press release.... I'm already anticipating Cinderella's press release :lol: Seriously, I'm so excited about this release. Bambi is one of my favourites
Todd_star
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Todd_star »

Wohoo, I can`t wait for it!!
I haven`t seen it since I was very little..
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

Starion wrote:9600 hours is equal to 400 days or one year and almost two months. Wow, Disney spent a long time restoring Bambi. :)
Without coffe breaks! :lol:
Christian wrote:
Looking back, The Lion King's press release didn't say anything about a Gift Set, and there was one.
Cool, this was the type of statement I was looking for and it's coming from somebody who knows their stuff. So, maybe there's at least a glimmer of hope for a Bambi gift set.
Oh, yea! At least there's hope for one. Mayeb it depends on how well Aladdin's Giftset sells. C'mon everyone, buy the Giftset!!!! If Bambi does get one, I for sure am grabbing it. I mean, the drawings you only look at once, the book you look at once in a awhile, but it's still nice to know you actually have copied pieces of history in your own home. Hopefully, if Bambi is given one, it'll have a film piece like Aladdin's does; I love those things! Now listen up everybody; Wish upon those stars and we might just get one!!! :P
My Blog

- Paul
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

I'll probably get the Aladdin one. Didn't get TLK one first time around, I want to though, but I will be stuck w/ 2 TLK dvds. Also with the massive 4th quarter coming up its gonna be hard. AAARRGGGHHHH, so much stuff, so little $$$$(not that little).
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Hi!

I hope than soon be anounced than Bambi will have a Special Gift Set, because i want it and I´ll wait for it if it appears
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

How did I miss this topic?!?!?

:) I'm actually more eager to get this DVD b/c of the Bonus features! The story meeting reenactment thing sounds cool! It's a little bit sad that there are eight games but the blurb about all ages and trivia have me reassured that its not all childish. Also what's with the 2D-3D virtual game? Sounds like a cool idea, but what in Bambi would require the game to do such a thing? :?

Anyhow, I hope they include art galleries b/c that's what I always look forward to in any DVD special edition.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

on VB magazine it stated the DVD will have a Audio Commentary! :D
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Unfortunatelly, there aren't a lot of features that could be ported over from the LD. The laserdisc edition had the following extras:

-Bambi: The Making of a Masterpiece (short featurette)
-"Tricks of Our Trade" Excerpt
-Concept Art
-Character Design
-Original and reissue trailers