The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Khonnor »

My prediction is this:

2018 - Cinderella
2019 - The Jungle Book - The Little Mermaid - Sleeping Beauty
2020 - 101 Dalmatians - Aladdin - Fantasia
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

The Disney Store has been featuring more Jungle Book merchandise lately which maybe makes me wonder if that might be next, even though it isn't a Fall title. Then again, Lady and the Tramp didn't really get any extra merchandise so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Based on what happened last year, with The Lion King, I think we'll find out what the next Signature title will be the following weeks. :)
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Maybe they are going to release The Jungle Book close to when the live-action sequel comes out. But it's not 2019 yet, so I don't know, maybe they think Fall 2018 is close enough? Also, Cinderella's 70th Anniversary comes in 2020. I would think they would want to wait until 2019 or 2020 to release it, then.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:Maybe they are going to release The Jungle Book close to when the live-action sequel comes out. But it's not 2019 yet, so I don't know, maybe they think Fall 2018 is close enough? Also, Cinderella's 70th Anniversary comes in 2020. I would think they would want to wait until 2019 or 2020 to release it, then.
That won't start production until The Lion King comes out which is next year so we probably won't see The Jungle Book 2 until 2021 or 2022. I can't see Disney waiting that long. Disney is terrible with their anniversaries so I wouldn't be surprised if Cinderella was released earlier than 2020 and called called the 70th Anniversary Edition anyway.
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I would really like it if Fantasia was the next one, but I think it'll be released on its own, in no particular collection, as they did back in 2010. As for Cinderella, I'm hoping for a new restoration, but I don't know what to think about that. We'll just have to wait for an official announcement from Disney themselves. Anytime now...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I would really like it if Fantasia was the next one, but I think it'll be released on its own, in no particular collection, as they did back in 2010. As for Cinderella, I'm hoping for a new restoration, but I don't know what to think about that. We'll just have to wait for an official announcement from Disney themselves. Anytime now...
Fantasia was featured on the Signature Collection's trailer and was listed on the official Signature Collection's website.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh. Yeah, that's totally right, JeanGreyForever.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

farerb wrote: Fantasia was featured on the Signature Collection's trailer and was listed on the official Signature Collection's website.
They also announced it would be part of the Diamond line and had it printed as such on official merchandise, but then just released it one year later as a special edition.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Precisely. :)

Now, on an off topic....topic :lol: :lol: :lol: , do you think that Warner Bros will release an 80th anniversary edition of The Wizard of Oz anytime soon? I was hoping for a nice 4K presentation, with an equally nice, ultimate collector's edition-type packaging. :D
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

That would be Nice indeed :-))
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Sotiris wrote:
D82 wrote:Is the "You Can Fly" cover featured in the trailer new?
It seems like it. Someone in the comments section mentioned it's Gracie Schram who's singing.
Anyone find this version of “You Can Fly”? :) I wonder if it will be released on MP3 or a re-released CD Disney will try to cash in on again. :lol:
I also messaged Gracie Schram’s Facebook about the rendition but they didn’t reply back to me. :(
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The Wizard of Oz should get such a thing as that! Actually, Snow White should have gotten something like that.

It's sad Peter Pan didn't get a correct restoration this time (right?).
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Peter Pan isn't really one of my favorites. I didn't even buy the Diamond Edition. Maybe I'll buy this new Signature Blu-ray, because it has lots of nice bonus features. I thought the restoration job they did for the movie was pretty solid. Not nearly as bad as Cinderella or The Sword in the Stone.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

We really should get word by now as to what the next signature title will be. Shouldn't we? We knew about Lion King around this time last year.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hey, I know it's early and Cinderella may not even be the next Signature Edition, but if it is, what would you guys think of a cover for it being the bottom half of this cover, just enlarged of course?:

So basically the cover would be a shot of the iconic transformation scene in the garden, with Cinderella's silver-blue ball gown kind of melting over her pink rags, with the mice watching?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It will be nice, but only if her hair is auburn and her dress is silver without any shades of blue. I don't think they'll put the mice on the cover since the Signature Collection's art covers tend to be more minimalistic.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That would be a great cover indeed.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I would like that cover as well even though I know Disney would never go with Cinderella's red hair and silver dress. I've heard rumors that this is in fact the next Signature Edition (or at least coming out next year) so I guess this film isn't too far off.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks you guys! I think they could put Cinderella with slightly strawberry blonde but more blonde hair and a slightly silver but more blue dress. I don't mind her colors looking a little blonde and bluish and maybe Disney would do something in between. I also think they would use the mice because tiny Tinker Bell still was on Peter Pan's covers.