The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by Matt »

DisneyFan09 wrote:I just recently wrote to Amazon.com's staff about the problem (since their supporting staff is really good with helping customers) and they said that the albums were delivered damaged. Unfortunately they didn't say anything about when the item would eventually be available again. But at least they told me why it was removed.

And yes, I'm bummed about this :(
Oh no! :(
I hope it’s not canceled. Ugh :cry:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

MerPrincessJamie wrote:Should I cancel my preorder?
I wouldn't. If it's cancelled, Amazon'll send you an e-mail saying the order was cancelled, I believe.

I'm guessing it'll just be delayed. I don't think they'd go through all this trouble and then cancel it.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Not sure if their reasons for pulling the item from the e-commerce sites were true but hopefully the following provides some comfort to those fans who questioned whether or not it was being cancelled!

Just a few hours ago, Disney Music Emporium posted on Facebook:
Something enchanting is coming soon...
With a photo of Lorelay Bove (the artist who designs the covers for the Legacy collection)
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

rb_canadian181 wrote:Not sure if their reasons for pulling the item from the e-commerce sites were true but hopefully the following provides some comfort to those fans who questioned whether or not it was being cancelled!

With a photo of Lorelay Bove (the artist who designs the covers for the Legacy collection)
Feewwwww! I feel better now! I say it’s just delayed now. :)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

rb_canadian181 wrote:Not sure if their reasons for pulling the item from the e-commerce sites were true but hopefully the following provides some comfort to those fans who questioned whether or not it was being cancelled!

Do you guys think they are referring to the BATB release or perhaps hinting at a future release, such as Enchanted?
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

DisneyFan09 wrote:I just recently wrote to Amazon.com's staff about the problem (since their supporting staff is really good with helping customers) and they said that the albums were delivered damaged. Unfortunately they didn't say anything about when the item would eventually be available again. But at least they told me why it was removed.
Kind of wish I went through with the pre-order instead of letting it linger in my cart (as it's been deleted there now). But at least it seems to be a shipment problem that Disney knows they need to correct. I'd rather it be that and not an all-out cancellation of the title.

Hopefully the pages will go live soon, and the shipments make it on time. I usually buy Legacy Collection CDs in the parks, as they usually get them day-and-date (except Robin Hood, I got that at D23 last year since it was exclusive there before general release).

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

I think we can rest assured that BATB is not cancelled :) anotheri post on the DME Facebook account today with more Lorelay Bové artwork featuring the birds in the snow from the scene Something There.

Maybe they’ve had such an overwhelming amount of interest in this release that they’ve decided to do away with the 2 disc set and make it a 3 disc set?! rotfl I’d gladly wait a little longer for that! :wink:
Disney's Divinity

I agree, I doubt it's cancelled. Bove and the people who put together the release will be paid regardless at this point, I imagine, so I doubt they'd cancel it and lose whatever profit they can gain.

A third disc would be nice. That would make more sense to me actually. How do all copies of a product sent to different sellers end up "damaged"?? Unless "damaged" is code for someone not writing the material onto the discs properly?
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I agree, I doubt it's cancelled. Bove and the people who put together the release will be paid regardless at this point, I imagine, so I doubt they'd cancel it and lose whatever profit they can gain.

A third disc would be nice. That would make more sense to me actually. How do all copies of a product sent to different sellers end up "damaged"?? Unless "damaged" is code for someone not writing the material onto the discs properly?
they usually have tests in place for that, they would be discovered after the shipment or when the costumers received blank discs

maybe there was a printing error or something wrong with the tracks, like a missing track
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Someone already got a copy. How? :shrug:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeySgTynxuV/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Any idea if this will be getting a digital (iTunes) release?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

I'm wondering now if perhaps the recall is because of the "Belle" demo that's sub-titled as "For Linda Worthington." Never in my life have I come across anyone with that name that's connected to the production of the film, so now I'm assuming it was a typo that managed to get this far into the production of this set when it should have read "For Linda Woolverton," as that would have made much more sense.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney's Divinity

I had just been wondering who Worthington was. :lol:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

There's no way they'd spend so much money to recall a product just for a typo.

Update: The collection will be available to pre-order on February 9th.
Disney Music Emporium wrote:The tale as old as time is being added to Walt Disney Records: The Legacy Collection! Order your copy of Walt Disney Records: The Legacy Collection - Beauty and the Beast starting THIS Friday, Feb. 9!
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyMusicEmp/stat ... 5278231552
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

That’s good to know! I wonder how the guy on Instagram already has a copy?! And why they would take it off Amazon?
MerPrincessJamie
Limited Issue

Post by MerPrincessJamie »

Guys, Amazon just delievered my copy .
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

MerPrincessJamie wrote:Guys, Amazon just delievered my copy .
Really? Has it been delivered undamaged?
MerPrincessJamie
Limited Issue

Post by MerPrincessJamie »

No damage from what I can tell. And it plays fine. There is that typo. I spoke to the Emporium through Facebook directly and they have said the following:

Them: "Thanks for supporting The Legacy Collection, there were some issues with the pre-order set up but it will be available again on 2/9. Can you confirm that you have already physically received your product?

Thanks,
DME HQ"

Me: Thank you so much for your help and thank you for these beautiful collections. So just to clarify it should be available by Friday for purchase and I can get it get on Amazon correct?

Them:"Yes, available at Amazon. Also available at The Disney Music Emporium with option to purchase the lithographs as well."
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

It seems to be back up on Amazon, with a release date of February 9.
UDer #3495 :D
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

DisneyFreak5282 wrote:It seems to be back up on Amazon, with a release date of February 9.
I was just gonna post this lol.
The price is $19.96, I think I’m gonna wait for a price drop.