Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by Sotiris »

Previously:
Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012
Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2013
Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2014
Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2015
Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2016
Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2017

Check the companion topic:
Disney Books in 2013-2018

Walt Disney Animation Studios

Bambi
Japan: February 02, 2018

Saludos Amigos
North America: January 30, 2018

The Three Caballeros
North America: January 30, 2018

Peter Pan
North America: June 05, 2018

Lady and the Tramp
North America: February 27, 2018
Japan: March 20, 2018

101 Dalmatians
North America: November 06, 2018

The Aristocats
North America: January 02, 2018

The Fox and the Hound

Mickey's Christmas Carol
North America: November 13, 2018

The Little Mermaid
North America: February 26, 2019

Aladdin
UK: October 29, 2018

The Lion King
North America: December 04, 2018
UK: December 03, 2018
France: December 04, 2018
Australia: December 11, 2018
Germany: December 13, 2018

Pocahontas

Mulan

Wreck-It Ralph
Japan: December 05, 2018

Celebrating Mickey
North America: October 23, 2018
Japan: November 21, 2018

Olaf's Frozen Adventure
Japan: July 18, 2018

Ralph Breaks the Internet
North America: March 2019

DisneyToon Studios

The Return of Jafar

Aladdin and the King of Thieves

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin
North America: July 17, 2018

Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World

The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea

Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure

Return to Never Land

Piglet's Big Movie
North America: July 17, 2018

Mulan II

The Fox and the Hound 2

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning

Pixar Animation Studios

The Incredibles

Inside Out
North America: May 22, 2018

The Good Dinosaur
North America: May 22, 2018

Cars 3
Germany: February 08, 2018

Coco
India: March 05, 2018
Mexico: March 05, 2018
CIS: March 20, 2018
India: March 28, 2018
Germany: March 29, 2018
Benelux: April 04, 2018
France: April 06, 2018
UK: May 21, 2018
Japan: July 18, 2018

Incredibles 2
India: October 31, 2018
France: November 09, 2018
Mexico: November 09, 2018
UK: November 12, 2018
Australia: November 27, 2018
Spain: December 07, 2018
Italy: December 31, 2018

Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 3
France: November 09, 2018
Mexico: November 09, 2018
Italy: November 22, 2018

Lucasfilm Animation

Star Wars Rebels: Season Three
Japan: April 04, 2018

Star Wars Rebels: Season Four
North America: July 31, 2018
UK: October 26, 2018
Germany: November 08, 2018

Skellington Productions

The Nightmare Before Christmas
North America: September 02, 2018
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by Sotiris »

Just to clarify a few things.

Lady and the Tramp's release date is not yet confirmed. This is speculation on my part based on its pre-order date which is the same as Coco's. Coco's release date was revealed here. It stands to reason that Lady and the Tramp II will be released this year as well, though probably just as a DMC exclusive. The Fox and the Hound (and its midquel) and The Aristocats will be DMC exclusives; a release date hasn't been set yet. Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 is also an educated guess based on this post that's been proven legit so far. If there's going to be a second Signature release this year, which I think is highly likely, it's going to be the Fantasias. The Incredibles 2 release date is based on the pattern of Cars 3's theatrical/Blu-ray release dates while Wreck-It Ralph 2's release date is based on the pattern of Moana's theatrical/Blu-ray release dates. Olaf's Frozen Adventure may get a Blu-ray release in the fall to coincide with the winter holidays, though I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Update: Lady and the Tramp's release date has been confirmed from the trailer.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Thanks, Sotiris!

According to various posts on Blu-ray.com, the release date for both DMC exclusive re-releases for The Fox And The Hound and The Aristocats has been confirmed as January 2nd.

Lady And The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure will indeed be a DMC exclusive as well, with the same release date as the original's Signature Collection (February 27th).
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Lady and The Tramp Signature Edition confirmed for 2/27!!!

Press Release (courtesy of DVD News Flash):

"BURBANK, Calif. (Jan. 4, 2018) — This February, Disney’s cherished animated classic, “Lady and the Tramp,” joins the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection. Every member of the family will treasure this timeless tale—loaded with three versions of the film, classic bonus material and three all-new features—when it heads home on Digital and on Movie Anywhere Feb. 20 and on Blu-ray on Feb. 27.

The Walt Disney Signature Collection edition offers three exciting ways to watch “Lady and the Tramp”—the original theatrical version, sing-along mode and Walt's story meetings—both Digitally and via the Multi-screen Edition (formerly the Blu-ray Combo Pack). The Multi-screen Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD and a Digital copy, giving in-home consumers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices. In addition to classic bonus features, all-new extras invite viewers to enter Walt Disney's original office suite on the Studio lot, discover Walt’s personal passion for pups, and receive a celebrity-hosted spaghetti and meatballs cooking lesson.

As one of the greatest love stories ever told, “Lady and the Tramp” is sure to melt the hearts of generations with its beloved characters, brilliant animation, memorable music and sweet sentiment. The animated treasure tells the story of Lady, a lovingly pampered cocker spaniel, and Tramp, a freewheeling mutt with a heart of gold. Through the Signature Collection edition, viewers can relive the pair’s thrilling adventures, sing along with the film’s unforgettable songs like “Bella Notte,” and swoon over one of the most memorable movie moments of all time—the iconic scene in which Lady and Tramp share a plate of spaghetti and an accidental kiss.

“Lady and the Tramp” is the sixth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi” and “The Lion King.”

Bonus Features:

BLU-RAY & DIGITAL*:

Film Versions

- Original Theatrical Edition – Enjoy this cherished Disney classic that captivates audiences of all ages.
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Inside Walt’s Story Meetings – As you view the film, hear reenactments of Walt’s story sessions with animators and see how their ideas were realized on-screen.

New Signature Bonus

- Walt & His Dogs – Through archival recordings and photos, hear the tales of the dogs Walt Disney owned and loved over his lifetime.
- Stories from Walt’s Office – Take a tour of Walt’s office suite on the Studio lot, carefully re-created to look just as it did when he occupied it.
- How to Make a Meatball and Other Fun Facts About “Lady and - The Tramp” – Watch a delicious lesson on how to make perfect meatballs with teen chef Amber Kelley and Oh My Disney Show Host Alexys Gabrielle.

Songs

“Peace on Earth”
“What Is a Baby/La La Lu”
“The Siamese Cat Song”
“Bella Notte”
“He’s a Tramp”

Classic Bonus Features

- Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad – Walt’s daughter shares memories of her father and Disneyland’s early days, as well as a look at his apartment above the firehouse.
- Never-Recorded Song - “I’m Free as the Breeze” – Take a listen to a song originally meant to be sung by Tramp.

Deleted Scenes

- Introduction of Boris – Tramp wasn’t always meant to be Lady’s only suitor. Meet Boris the aristocrat and Homer the peasant in this deleted scene.
- Waiting for Baby – Lady watches as Jim Dear plans out his new son’s future in this early storyboard.
- Dog Show – See the storyboards for this deleted scene in which Lady and Tramp unexpectedly find themselves in the middle of a dog show.

Classic Bonus Features on Digital Only*

- Lady’s Pedigree: The Making of “Lady and the Tramp” – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Walt Disney’s first feature-length animated film based on an original story.
Finding Lady: The Art of the Storyboard – Explore the origins of the storyboard and how they’re used by filmmakers today.
Original 1943 Storyboard Version of the Film – View a unique presentation of the original 1943 storyboards for “Lady and the Tramp.”
- PuppyPedia: Going to the Dogs – Wild and wacky comedian Fred Willard takes us on an outing to the dog park to learn all about dogs and their owners.

Deleted Scenes

- Turning the Tables – In this story-reel presentation, Tramp dreams of a world where dogs run the show and humans are on the other end of the leash.
- The Arrival of Baby – In this alternate scene re-created from original storyboards and with original voice talent, Lady makes way for a new arrival.
- Baby Arrives – Lady is baffled by the strange goings-on in the house—the arrival of a squealing bundle only deepens the mystery.
- Lady’s Sweater – Lady gets a new sweater for her birthday and must figure out an ingenious way to lose it for good.

Trailers

- 1955 Original Theatrical Trailer – More than just a trailer, this preview features several minutes of footage from the film and introduces each major character.
- 1972 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – This trailer from the 1972 rerelease heralds Disney’s “happiest motion picture.”
- 1986 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – Released theatrically for the - 1986 holiday season, this trailer highlights the love story between Lady and the handsome Tramp.

*Bonus features may vary by retailer

DISC SPECIFICATIONS:

Product SKUs: Multi-screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy), Digital HD/SD, DVD

Feature Run Time: Approximately 76 minutes

Rating: G in U.S. and Canada

Aspect Ratio: 2.55:1

Audio: Blu-ray = English 7.1 & 2.0 DTS-HDMA, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks

DVD = English, Spanish, and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Language Track.

Digital = English, Spanish, and French 5.1 or 2.0 Dolby Digital Language Tracks (platform dependent)

Subtitles: Blu-ray = French, Spanish, English SDH, English ESL

DVD = French, Spanish, English SDH, English ESL, English Closed Captions
Digital = French, Spanish, English SDH, English Closed Captions"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

stevemcqueen wrote:According to various posts on Blu-ray.com, the release date for both DMC exclusive re-releases for The Fox And The Hound and The Aristocats has been confirmed as January 2nd.

Lady And The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure will indeed be a DMC exclusive as well, with the same release date as the original's Signature Collection (February 27th).
Thanks! I've updated the first post accordingly.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

(small) cover art for Lady And The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) (DMC Exclusive):
1490610_1490611.jpg
1490610_1490611.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 19096 times
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

stevemcqueen wrote:(small) cover art for Lady And The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) (DMC Exclusive):
1490610_1490611.jpg
Why make this only a DMC exclusive? But they re-realesed all The Lion King movies to the public. I guess The Lion King has a bigger fan base and following.
I’m still deciding if I want to double dip or not for the digital copy. I may just actually thinking of purchasing it on iTunes and call it a day. Even Lady and the Tramp isn’t worth the double dip either.
I already have that on digital so I’m good with that.
DMC has free shipping for the rest of the month, so both movies would be only $35 plus tax with a lithograph and a pin. But if I just get the digital copy of LATT 2 by itself, it would be $20 plus tax. So $15 more I can own both. LATT by itself on DMC is $25 so $10 more I can own both. This is hard to decide lol. :lol:
What are your opinions? :?
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

Matt wrote:Why make this only a DMC exclusive? But they re-realesed all The Lion King movies to the public. I guess The Lion King has a bigger fan base and following.
I’m still deciding if I want to double dip or not for the digital copy. I may just actually thinking of purchasing it on iTunes and call it a day. Even Lady and the Tramp isn’t worth the double dip either.
DMC has free shipping for the rest of the month, so both movies would be only $35 plus tax with a lithograph and a pin. But if I just get the digital copy of LATT 2 by itself, it would be $20 plus tax. So $15 more I can own both. LATT by itself on DMC is $25 so $10 more I can own both. This is hard to decide lol. :lol:
I think TLK is much more popular among the general public so I'd say that's probably why those got a wide release.

As far as Lady and the Tramp goes, why not get the DMC bundle? Even though it's an additional $15, take into account the fact that you get free shipping, plus the bonus lithograph and pin. On top of that, you could always sell the old versions of these films and make a couple bucks back? You might get close to $15, or breakeven if you're very lucky.
UDer #3495 :D
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

There are a good deal of Disney classics still not released on Blu-ray and this thing gets a separate release?

Why?
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

PatrickvD wrote:There are a good deal of Disney classics still not released on Blu-ray and this thing gets a separate release?

Why?
It's pretty common practice for Disney to release a film alongside its sequel(s) whenever there's a re-release.

At this point, I'd even settle for DMC exclusives for the remaining DACs on Blu-Ray.
UDer #3495 :D
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

The cover art looks good, surprisingly good even.

I’m not interested in this one though, only the original classic.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

DisneyFreak5282 wrote:
Matt wrote:Why make this only a DMC exclusive? But they re-realesed all The Lion King movies to the public. I guess The Lion King has a bigger fan base and following.
I think TLK is much more popular among the general public so I'd say that's probably why those got a wide release.

As far as Lady and the Tramp goes, why not get the DMC bundle? Even though it's an additional $15, take into account the fact that you get free shipping, plus the bonus lithograph and pin. On top of that, you could always sell the old versions of these films and make a couple bucks back? You might get close to $15, or breakeven if you're very lucky.
Very true! Thank you for that lol. I’d probably end keeping the old versions too hahaha.
But will see. :)
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

You're not going to believe what's coming to the Disney Movie Club next!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=1
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Finally! :shock:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Cover art for American 2018 releases.

MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

Hello!

Would anyone be willing to get a copy of the Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros blu-ray for me?

I live in the UK...

Please pm me if you can help.

Thanks!
netenyahoo

Post by netenyahoo »

No digital with Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros Blu-ray?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

netenyahoo wrote:No digital with Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros Blu-ray?
Nope! No digital, no DVD, no slipcover, no bonus features, and (probably) censored.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:You're not going to believe what's coming to the Disney Movie Club next!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=1
Wow, that's great! As here in Spain we don't have Disney Movie Club I usually don't pay much attention to what is released through it. Do the titles released that way get general releases later? And do they end up being available in other countries as well?
Sotiris wrote:No digital, no DVD, no slipcover, no bonus features, and (probably) censored.
Yeah, that's probably the case and it's a real shame. Are the censored parts Goofy's and Pecos Bill's cigars in Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros respectively or is there more?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Do the titles released that way get general releases later? And do they end up being available in other countries as well?
Nope and nope. If it's labeled an exclusive, it never gets a wide release (at least not in the same packaging). Disney Movie Club is only available in North America so if you want a copy you'll have to hit third-party sellers on eBay or Amazon Marketplace to get a hold of one.
D82 wrote:Yeah, that's probably the case and it's a real shame. Are the censored parts Goofy's and Pecos Bill's cigars in Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros respectively or is there more?
Goofy's smoking is the only censorship found in Saludos Amigos, to my knowledge. The Digital HD release on iTunes is still censored so I'm expecting the Blu-ray to be censored as well. The censored Pecos Bill segment is in Melody Time, not in The Three Caballeros.