Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC TV series)

Post by Disney Duster »

Sotiris wrote:Yes, and Henry said there were stray dogs hanging out in the alley. :D
I missed that little reference! Oh, clever and funny!
Sotiris wrote:What makes even less sense is that if any pure heart could revive Anastasia, Tremaine could easily get one from someone else instead of killing Drizella.
Oh yea. Huh. Plot hole? lol

Good catch on Drizella and plants. I wonder if Lady Tremaine really isn't her true mother and it's the Witch. I personally don't ascribe to the theory, but it could be true.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I just checked the Wikipedia page to see what the new season's ratings have been. It's at 0.5/2.30 right now. I'm hoping it ends around 0.2/0.09. :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

These last two episodes were amazing! Wow, I really love this season! Arguably the only downfall is Cinderella and Lucy! I love what happened with...well, everything, really! The only thing I didn't like was the garden gnome and it was a little weird with Rapunzel's...pregnancy. But other than that it was awesome!

Sotiris was right about Mother Gothel being like Rapunzel! And did he guess who Rogers was looking for? Well some of the stuff he got right. He's so smart! Hey, smart guy, who was "the guardian" that Regina said Rumple should worry about?

I still love Regina as my favorite character!

Guys, you should all be watching this show still! It's really thrilling and interesting!

Divinity, you should really not put down the show and give it a chance! This has no connection to the 2015 Cinderella. They probably just got inspired by that remake merely coming out recently and decided the stepmother - stepdaughter parallel to Snow White was good to use for the series' soft reboot, like Sotiris suggested. I think Zelena's coming soon! You should really watch this season! I'd check out the season from beginning to the latest episode you can watch to follow along as it gets better and better!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Live-blogging (episode 07):

— We now know that the Charmings stopped Regina from casting the dark curse in the Wish Realm by somehow stealing her magic. But wasn't it said in season 6 said that Regina was banished? Here we see her trying to leave on her own accord. I wish we knew where she went and happened to her afterwards.

— If Regina knew of a way to get magic "strong enough to defeat an immortal" why didn't she want it for herself?

— Roni said she was underpaid and then proceeded to offer Jacinda a job. I know she did it to keep tabs on her but how can she afford it?

— I can't believe Lucy talked to Victoria that way. :shock: Not the wisest move since she has custody of her and can make her life miserable.

— When does Henry actually work as a Swyft driver? It seems he has nothing to do all day.

— I like how similar they made Rapunzel's tower look to the animated one.

— Rapunzel is holding a frying pan as a weapon! Some things never change. :wink:

— So, Wish Hook is Flynn Rider?

— The golden flower has different kind of magic than in it does in Tangled.

:lol: at the Hyperion Heights graffiti in the background. Do people just graffiti the name of the town they live in now?

— Victoria is finally suspicious of Ivy. She underestimated her for far too long.

— Is Eloise Gardener the Witch?

— I loved the little Ester egg that you have to sing to the flower to activate its magic. I wish Hook had sung Healing Incantation from Tangled though.

— A reference to Hook's mother. Will we finally get to see her this season?

— Victoria: "Why is women's footwear the constant bane of my existence?" :lol:

— I'm glad Victoria now knows what Ivy's up to. She knows her weakness and plans to take advantage of that. It'll be interesting to see these two going to war with each other.

— Poor Roni being forced to ruin her son's happiness. It looks it's already taking a toll on her. :(

— Rogers had an alcohol problem like Wish Hook did.

— This means Rapunzel is Wish Hook's baby mama.

— Why can't Eloise's notebook get smudged? Is it magical?

— Rapunzel is the Witch aka Gothel!

— At least the real Rapunzel exists and is somewhere out there. They did the same thing with Regina as Ursula.

— Why did Gothel want to imprison Rapunzel in a tower in the first place? I hope we get to see Gothel and Rapunzel's backstory.

— Another case of rape by deception on this show. First, Zelena with Robin and now Gothel with Wish Hook.

— So, Wish Hook is kind of like Gothel in a way too since he'll be the one raising a baby locked in a tower.

— How is Wish Hook going to get back to the "distant realm" where his daughter is without his ship? How come he needed his ship to get there in the beginning but apparently doesn't need it to go back?

— Alice is Wish Hook's daughter! I think we all saw that one coming. At least we know the name of Hook's mother now.

— Victoria holding Gothel imprisoned in the land without magic somewhat parallels what Regina did to Belle.

— What's going to happen to Victoria after this? Is she really going to jail? Maybe her lawyers will find a way to get her out. Maybe she'll bribe the judge or the district attorney to drop the case. They did say that a lot of powerful people are in her pocket. I don't see her staying imprisoned for too long.

— This marks Drizella's second murder (that we know of).

— Victoria's warning makes me think that Gothel will be the Big Bad of this season.

Live-blogging (episode 08):

— How did Alice manage to track her father down? Will they ever tell us how she escaped from the tower?

— Did Alice only go to Wonderland to find a cure for her father's poisoned heart?

— So, the only reason Ivy is pursuing Henry is in order to prevent him from getting a True Love's Kiss and breaking the curse. She doesn't really have feelings for him.

— Ivy: "You think I'm going to villain-monologue for you?". Look at Drizella making fun of villain tropes. How meta of her. :wink:

— Chekhov's cake. :P It's obviously poisoned with some kind of magic.

— "Bizarre Love Triangle". They aren't great with subtlety, are they?

— Jacinda believes Nick the lawyer is Lucy's dad. I wonder if he'll try to get full or joint custody of Lucy to complicate things even further.

— At least the writers are acknowledging how much they're ripping off season 1. :lol:

— Lucy: "No one wants to be the Kathryn." So true. :P

— Ella's father who was killed by the Prince was really her step-father. So, who is her biological father? Who is her mother? Do any of them have names? I hate it when they talk about characters and don't even bother naming them.

— Another character who has mommy issues. Sigh.

— I'm sure it'll turn out that Ella's mother had a good reason for abandoning her and her step-father.

— I liked the shout-out to The Walrus and the Carpenter.

— Ivy wants to revive Anastasia to get her magic back. I guess after she achieves that she'll kill her to make her mother suffer.

— Ella's mother is named Cecilia.

— We know of another curse now. Aside from the Dark Curse and the Dark One Curse, there is the Curse of the Poisoned Heart.

— Who was the witch that poisoned Wish Hook's heart? Gothel left and I doubt she ever returned or cared enough about them to go into the trouble of separating them and Drizella learned magic after he and Alice already had left the tower.

— Finally, this whole thing with Lucy's custody makes some sense. Jacinda gave custody to Victoria voluntarily to avoid a custody battle with her and risking the chance to lose her completely (which is incredibly stupid but sort of understandable). Victoria did keep her promise initially and let them live together until recently.

— I'm glad Henry took the high road with Nick and put his jealousy aside to give Jacinda some sound advice.

— Roni: "You're always awake!" :lol: I loved how Roni had enough with Rumple's charade and called him out on it bluntly.

— Nick turned out to be Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk.

— Roni and Henry are going to San Francisco to find Zelena.

— Don't they need a pure heart or Lucy giving up her belief or some other half-baked nonsense to revive Anastasia?

— Does this mean Anastasia has been revived or that Victoria hid her body elsewhere?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Why is Gothel so old and Rogers doesn't think it's weird she's not a kid?

Oh Sotiris I love your live blogs! But who was "the guardian" Roni talked about to Weaver?
Sotiris wrote:Roni said she was underpaid and then proceeded to offer Jacinda a job. I know she did it to keep tabs on her but how can she afford it?
Yea!
Sotiris wrote:I can't believe Lucy talked to Victoria that way. :shock: Not the wisest move since she (inexplicably) has custody of her and can make her life miserable.
It's such a Cinderella situation.
Sotiris wrote:When does Henry actually work as a Lyft driver? It seems he has nothing to do all day.
:lol:
Sotiris wrote:This marks Drizella's second murder (that we know of).
I forget who her second murder was.
Sotiris wrote:This means Drizella didn't cast the curse for at least another 10 years.
Oh, what tells us that?
Sotiris wrote:Roni: "You're always awake!" :lol: I loved how Roni had enough with Rumple's charade and called him out on it bluntly.
:lol: Yea, I loved Roni there.
Sotiris wrote:Don't they need a pure heart or Lucy giving up her belief or some other half-baked nonsense to revive Anastasia?
:lol:
Sotiris wrote:Does this mean Anastasia has been revived or that Victoria hid her body elsewhere?
I think her body was moved but maybe she is awake, I never thought of that!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:The only thing I didn't like was the garden gnome and it was a little weird with Rapunzel's...pregnancy.
Yeah, the giant gnome scene was silly and threw off the tone a bit but I suppose it kind of makes sense for a garden to be protected by a garden gnome. As for the pregnancy, it was indeed awkwardly handled. The show has a history with sped-up pregnancies but this one takes the cake!
Disney Duster wrote:Hey, smart guy, who was "the guardian" that Regina said Rumple should worry about?
We know from episode 4 that the Guardian is someone who is able to take in the Dark One Curse without becoming the Dark One themselves thus freeing Rumple (and the world) from the curse and making him mortal again. We don't know their identity yet, but I think it's going to be a new character we'll be introduced to in the second half of the season. Rumple told Regina about the Guardian when they met in Cinderella's realm in episode 6.
Disney Duster wrote:I'd check out the season from beginning to the latest episode you can watch to follow along as it gets better and better!
It really is getting better. I'd say it has noticeably improved from episode 5 onward. The new season just needed some time to find its footing. No pun intended! :P
Disney Duster wrote:Why is Gothel so old and Rogers doesn't think it's weird she's not a kid?
Good point. Rogers kept saying he was searching for a missing girl, not a woman. Unless, she was missing for decades which doesn't make sense either. Another plot hole, I guess. :shrug:
Disney Duster wrote:I forget who her second murder was.
Her first murder was Prince Gregor and her second the nameless thug Rogers was questioning who had a tattoo of a rune on his arm. Drizella admitted she poisoned him to Tremaine.
Disney Duster wrote:I think her body was moved but maybe she is awake, I never thought of that!
The promo for the next episode confirms that her body was just moved by Victoria and Weaver. I suspect though she will be revived by the end of it since we see Lucy heartbroken and possibly losing her belief.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

This doesn't look good. The Wrap has included Once Upon a Time in the list with the shows most likely to get cancelled.
Show: "Once Upon a Time" / Net: ABC / 18-49 rating: 1.0

Once Upon a Time, this show was a hit. Now it barely has any of the original cast members left, and even the creators are displeased with their rebooted fairy tale's recent reception.
Source: https://www.thewrap.com/canceled-renewe ... cellation/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks for replying and answering my questions Sotiris!

I am so worried about the show now! If it does get canceled, would they at least allow the show to wrap up with an intended series finale?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info and material for episode 9: promo #01, promo #02, clip #01, clip #02, clip #03, clip #04, and stills.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like Rogers is going to find out Tilly is his daughter soon.
Q: Any scoop for Alice and Hook on Once Upon a Time?

A: Though their Hyperion Heights counterparts, Tilly and Rogers, are so far none the wiser about the true nature of their relationship, it sounds like they’ll discover the truth soon, which is especially good news for Hook. “I think there [will be] a huge amount of relief,” Colin O’Donoghue tells me. “Rogers has been searching and not really knowing why. It’ll be a massive weight off his shoulders. He loves Alice so much!”
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/30/spoiler-roo ... ii-five-0/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Awwww! Yea, I guess who he's "really" been searching for is Alice?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Based on the press release for episode 9 and the new promo, I believe that Rapunzel will turn out to be Lady Tremaine! :shock: If that's true, it will mark the first time the show has re-imagined a Disney princess into a villain! Would Disney really allow them to do this? I wonder if this means Tremaine will be redeemed in the end.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The problem is that Gabrielle Anwar is Indian while Meegan Warner isn't clearly a person of color. Plus, Meegan looks way too young to be a mother of tweens, But, it would explain why Lady Tremaine knows the Witch.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I bet Sotiris is right. But Rapunzel Tremaine? That's not the best sounding name, lol! I think I'll like this story and character development, though.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I've heard on TV By the Numbers that Netflix has reported OUAT streaming has dropped for S7 internationally (since they release an episode the next day after it airs) and it's no longer one of their most popular shows.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It's true! A newly-released clip from episode 9 confirms that Rapunzel is in fact Lady Tremaine! This explains why Tremaine has a beef with Wish Hook. It's because of him her captor Gothel escaped.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Good job Sotiris! And as an aside, all this time I thought the Hook under the curse was real Hook when I should have realized she cast the spell on Wish Hook because he was with Henry while real Hook was in Storybrooke, is that correct?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^Yes, Hook is in Storybrooke with Emma whereas Wish Hook got de-aged by Tremaine and then got cursed as Rogers in Hyperion Heights.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks for the confirmation.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I'm super super disappointed. I was really hoping that they would give finally Rapunzel a good, serviceable story. I mean I like the twist. It's clever, but it's just why would you make a Disney Princess a Disney villain? If they have to do it, why make CINDERELLA Tremaine? That would be a good twist to the story.