Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Re: Wreck-It Ralph 2

Post by Elladorine »

Jules wrote:However, the forum has made me weary as of late (i.e. the last three or four years.) What happened to the fun, lightweight, jovial silliness we all used to partake in? Do you guys remember when we actually made jokes and when the UD boards were a hoot to read? Jeez, we even had our own private memes! Remember the stupid MS Painted movie posters and the "You don't Understand - Marky" t-shirts (poor guy, do you think we teased him a little in excess? :mischief: )[/size] and the Milk Buds and the Avatar Wars (c. 2007) and the ... Wondrously Evil Multi-Coloured UD-Approved Lollipop? :P

Aah ... nostalgia. :)
I hear ya. :milkbuds: I personally haven't even been around much in the past 3-4 years; it seems that having a baby and dealing with various other RL issues really cuts in on one's free time. :P And since I've changed my user name I sometimes wonder if people have no clue who I am whenever I do post! :lol:

I do hate being the old-timer whining about the good ol' days, but damn ... I do miss the fun, the goofiness, and the Grommet-approved Milk Buds™. But whenever I get super excited about a current or upcoming Disney project and pop on here, I'll jump to the appropriate thread looking to share my enthusiasm, and ... oh, how do I put this? I find myself getting smacked in the face with all this over-the-top negativity. :| And look, I do respect the fact that different people are going to have varying opinions and I do still see a few positive comments along with some justified/appropriate criticism, but I don't ever recall the negativity reaching such a badgering level before. But maybe the real issue is that I no longer have the patience to deal with those that seem curiously obsessed with tearing down projects instead of, oh, I don't know ... maybe spending their time and energy seeking out material they might actually enjoy?

I dunno. I do feel I'm still pretty passionate about all most things Disney, but I really have better things to do than get worked up/angry whenever they release something that rubs me the wrong way or whenever they pick up yet another property I don't particularly care for. Just reading some of these posts wears me out ... and given that I have a toddler to chase around I really don't have the energy to spare. :lol:
Sorry for getting so OT ... now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :wave:

I do enjoy the original film and have been looking forward to the upcoming sequel. And if I didn't make it clear in my previous post, I find the [apparently] controversial princess sequence to be a hoot. :D
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

unprincess wrote:I do agree that there's nothing wrong with more lighthearted threads, which seem to have become scarcer since I joined. You know, stuff like who's your favorite princess, villain, why do people hate blank so much, who's your favorite Disney sidekick, prince etc...fluffy stuff like that.
Talking about what is your favorite and why or why you love or hate something and why or why something is good or bad and why is not fluff.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Oh goodness! I forgot to talk about the teaser that we saw at the Expo

So sorry I didn't post about this until now. I didn't think of it until now.

This is the best my memory can do:

It's the Disney logo, then it glitches. So we get a shot of the arcade. We see Mr. Litwak on the computer, setting up the arcade website. There are lines. Ralph and Vanellope are at an empty room where the Internet will be. They are like where are we? Then, Litwak says "We are live!" and clicks on the mouse. Wi-fi is set up, but Vanellope gets sucked in. Ralph panicks, but decides to jump in after her. Then you see the leaked footage. They get to the Internet. It's a huge NYC-like place. The title shows up. But you get one more mini-scene. Remember in Inside Out when there are tiny guys that vacuum Riley's memories and puts on the gum song? Well there are characters (both boys and girls) who look like them and are selling advertisements. There is one guy that tells Ralph if he wants to be rich. Vanellope says to Ralph, "Let's go!" And as she pulls him away, Ralph says, "But, im about to be rich!" Then, 2018. The End.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thanks for the description of the teaser, disneyprincess11! I hope it's released on the Internet soon.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Disney Duster wrote:
unprincess wrote:I do agree that there's nothing wrong with more lighthearted threads, which seem to have become scarcer since I joined. You know, stuff like who's your favorite princess, villain, why do people hate blank so much, who's your favorite Disney sidekick, prince etc...fluffy stuff like that.
Talking about what is your favorite and why or why you love or hate something and why or why something is good or bad and why is not fluff.
I didn't mean fluffy in a negative way, more like that they are "comfier/fun" topics to talk about instead of why Disney/Lassetter/Iger is doing so and so wrong and other more serious topics about the current state of the company.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

unprincess wrote:I didn't mean fluffy in a negative way, more like that they are "comfier/fun" topics to talk about instead of why Disney/Lassetter/Iger is doing so and so wrong and other more serious topics about the current state of the company.
I think talking about why something is good or bad, be it a company, a film, or a character, is all as serious as each other.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

:|

I dont think "what's your favorite Disney princess gown?" is as serious a question to ponder as something like "could the next Disney CEO reinstate hand drawn animation at the studio again?" but to each their own.

Let's move on...
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

unprincess wrote::|

I dont think "what's your favorite Disney princess gown?" is as serious a question to ponder as something like "could the next Disney CEO reinstate hand drawn animation at the studio again?" but to each their own.

Let's move on...
Animation is visually pretty. Dresses are visually pretty. I see them just as serious as each other.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Let it go, let it go...
:milkbuds:
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

:roll: No wonder this site is the laughingstock of other Disney forums. Between he said, she said and complaining about dresses we're making ourselves look like quite a fool to other Disney fans.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I agree... I dont know why Disney Duster took offense with the word "fluffy"(a word I didnt even mean in a negative way) in my original post about the kinds of topics that are talked about in this forum. And I hate arguing online(or in RL) which is why I stated I wanted to move on.

:? :( :?: :shrug:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:A new Vanellope sketch

https://78.media.tumblr.com/37cda3ff767 ... 1_1280.png
Do you know what that's from?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

With stills from Incredibles 2 and Nutcracker, a still for WiR 2 should be coming anytime now.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:• The princesses behave out of character as they tease each other and make passive-aggressive quips. The princesses are treated in a irreverent, mocking manner and are criticized for their gender politics. The whole scene is gratuitous and self-referential and comes across as an ill-conceived, fan-made product.
Pardon my ignorance and for replying a belated statement, but were you actually a part of this years Expo? Did you actually see this scene?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyFan, I was at the expo and as a big fan of the Princesses, I LOVED the scene. I don’t think it was offensive at all. They do make fun of the girls themselves, but it’s really funny and tasteful as well. They're not yelling at each other, offending each other, or anything like that. Like Ariel starts singing and they were like Nooooo! :lol: Cinderella and Aurora do tease a Star Wars character, but it is not in a mean way. It's like a sarcastic way.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:DisneyFan, I was at the expo and as a big fan of the Princesses, I LOVED the scene. I don’t think it was offensive at all. They do make fun of the girls themselves, but it’s really funny and tasteful as well. They're not yelling at each other, offending each other, or anything like that. Like Ariel starts singing and they were like Nooooo! :lol: Cinderella and Aurora do tease a Star Wars character, but it is not in a mean way. It's like a sarcastic way.
Sorry if this comes across as rude, but I was asking Sotiris. I've read your previous answer. Don't take this the wrong way.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

You're all good. :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Were you actually a part of this years Expo? Did you actually see this scene?
No, I just read all the descriptions of the scene available.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:You're all good. :)
Oh, thanks. I was afraid of insulting you.
Sotiris wrote:No, I just read all the descriptions of the scene available.
OK, I got the indication that you had seen it.