My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Saga is Over, but now, my mom.

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I hope your mom will be alright. I'll keep you both in my thoughts/prayers.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, wow Michael. That's so sad. But also good there's a sign of things getting better. I will pray for you and your mom.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'm thinking of your Family
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Saga is Over, but, now an infected, rotting tooth. O

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Okay, last Wednesday, I noticed my tooth began hurting, horribly, like underneath the tooth in my jaw. That first off is a very bad sign. Saw the dentist, said it's either an infected tooth, or the root is rotting, or both. Yeah those are all lovely options.. :roll:

So, was put on Antibiotics, was told to call back last friday if it still persisted, and yep still hurt. So, I opted to have the tooth pulled, but after 4 shots it wouldn't get numb and became too painful to pull. So, was put on another round of antibiotics after the current one runs out. Felt better on Saturday, even was able to eat ice cream. Before that anything cold hurt my tooth. However, on Sunday and today, whether the food is cold or warm, soft or not soft, my tooth hurts after eating. It's like heck. So called the dentist today, and told me he's gonna get in touch with my psych doctor about ordering an anxiety medication AKA a happy pill to take when we do pull the tooth, hopefully this will make it happen a lot sooner. So, been using some sort of canker sore cream and that helped some after I eat. Then put a cold rag on my chin and the pain stops, somewhat. At night it is so much worse.

Also, this has impacted my summer school plans for college. My original plan was to do speech class, but given my tooth issues, I figured going to school Monday through Thursday, preparing speeches to speak wasn't a great idea since my tooth even hurts when I talk. So, going to take Intro to Sociology, mainly because I know the teacher and I want to do some sort of college class. Can't let this tooth put my plans on hold. Oh, I also finally passed my driver's test to get a Driving Permit. Going to learn how to drive so I can get a license, and my play plan is still on tract to happen in July. So, I feel I can juggle intro to sociology which is only 2 days a week vs speech which is 4 days a week given everything I have to do with this tooth, drive, memorize my lines.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:( Toothaches suckkkk. But I'm glad that you're still able to take a class (I took Sociology in high school & college- I found it interesting-- I hope you do, too!)! Yay for the play still happening, and YAY for driving permit!!!! Woo-hoo!!! I hope the dentist can relieve your pain ASAP!!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Awww! I hope that tooth gets pulled soon! But good for you taking Sociology and getting a driver's permit! I don't even have my license yet. I plan to get it after my vacation.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Awww! I hope that tooth gets pulled soon! But good for you taking Sociology and getting a driver's permit! I don't even have my license yet. I plan to get it after my vacation.
Yep, the tooth got pulled. Dentist called in something called Halpion to relax me while I had it pulled, and I felt goood. My mind was kinda busy saying ah, I'm nervous, but felt the med was calming my body during the whole thing.

The play I have is in 2 weeks, and very excited to play Rumple. Taking a lot of inspiration from the Once Upon a Time show, including an impish laugh. Sociology class is going great, I'm glad it, and I know the teacher really really well. :)

Also, have a little surprise for everyone. Found this new youtube like site called Vidme, and was able to upload my Leno video on it. hopefully it stays up when on youtube it did not.

https://vid.me/ZS6W

blackcauldron85

disneyboy20022 wrote: Also, have a little surprise for everyone. Found this new youtube like site called Vidme, and was able to upload my Leno video on it. hopefully it stays up when on youtube it did not.

https://vid.me/ZS6W
I remember you posted this a few years ago, and I watched it then, but I just re-watched. So funny- I had a smile on the whole time :)
Disney Duster

Re: The Saga is Over, Rumple, Summerschool and Leno Vidme.

Post by Disney Duster »

I had seen the video when you posted it on Youtube. It didn't work for me on Vidme the first time, but today it did. What a performance you did! And that music they did was perfect! lol And you impressed him!!!

Glad you got your tooth pulled, too!

And by the way cool avatar! Did you make it or find it?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:I had seen the video when you posted it on Youtube. It didn't work for me on Vidme the first time, but today it did. What a performance you did! And that music they did was perfect! lol And you impressed him!!!

Glad you got your tooth pulled, too!

And by the way cool avatar! Did you make it or find it?
I found it. Using it since I'm Rumpelstiltskin in the play I'm in next week, which is pretty much Once Upon A Time fan fiction that lasts 30 minutes. Taking a lot of my performance from the Rumple in well Once Upon a Time. My laugh sounds like a mix between Mark Hamill's Joker, and Robert Carlyle's Rumple.

Also, a bit sad today. A year ago my cat named Twinkle died and I was devastated.

However today, his twin sister, Curious died. She was 19. Feels like I'm reliving Twinkle's gone all over again.

blackcauldron85

Michael, that's heartbreaking. I'm so, so sorry about Curious. :( It's never easy to lose a pet. *huge hugs*
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Awww I am so sorry about Curious! May she rest in cat heaven.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Condolences regarding your Cat :(
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Alright, a bit of an update. The play went well. Many people thought my acting skills of Rumple was one of the best aspects of the show. Man, it felt great to be back in the saddle of acting again around new friends. :)

In addition, I also finished my final exam for the summer semester and got an A for the class woohoo. Now in between now and the fall semester, I'm gonna try to get some driving skils in with my permit, for I need to learn how to drive, especially with my dad's health. A few weeks ago, he went to the ER and it turns out he had congestive heart failure. Yeah, that's always a fun thing to be diagnosed with for Pete's sake. So, he's been put on a blood thinner and has had his water pill increased because he had fluid in his lungs. Thankfully he's okay for now. His heart monitor showed off and on skipping irregularity. So, hopefully he'll be okay with these meds and will see the heart doctor again in a month

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm so sorry about your dad! I hope he gets better real soon! But I'm really glad you are learning to drive and that your play went so well and that people thought your acting was one of the best parts!!!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

It must have been a worry when your Father had to go to the ER, but good on you for the play and the class and all the best for your Dad's next Cardiologist appointment and your driving practice Image
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Saga is Over: Mom's stuff is clear, but dad is in Ar

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Alright... so there's no easy way to say this, but my dad is in the psych ward at the local hospital. It's complicated to explain why, obviously depression, Asperger Syndrome etc. Of course this week I just started my fall semester and am having a hard time focusing on school and bummed about my dad, worried, but I know he needs to be there at the same time, but I've cried a few times.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, that's so sad. I'm sorry to hear all that. I hope your dad gets better and gets out of there soon. I'll pray for him and you.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'am thinking of you
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Saga is Over: Changed Majors, Fell and hurt back.

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well, first let me start off with the good news, yet scary, then I'll get to the unfortunate news.

I've had working toward's an associate degree in Psychology to transfer to a University when I'm finished. However, being in theater, got to tour a local university's raido department has inspired me to change majors. However, a big congtribution that got me to take the jump is a new teacher that's an adjunct. He teaches us life lessons, that sometimes one wouldn't think it pairs with the subject this teacher teaches, but the goal is to get us to use our knowledge outside the classroom, and help us not just in the subject he's teaching on, but life in general. He also stated how we must not let others in our life dictate what direction we want to go. To be honest, he's the closest emobidiment of George Feeny that I've ever seen in my college career.

So with that, and encouragement from my friend, I changed the major from psychology to RTV. I wanted to do that deep down when I started my local community college, but the ghosts of me not believing I was good enough because a teacher told me so, it was a lie I believed for 16 years. However, I'm grateful it did because I get to pursue my dream with some of the best friends I've ever had, one of whom were 3 months old when Space Jam came out, but I was 9.. :|

So that brings me the not so great news. 3 or 4 weeks ago I was sitting at a metal picnic table at my local community college. However, next thing I know, I"m on the ground with my elbow bleeding badly, and sore. Apparenlty the seat broke, and I cut my elbow on a metal sharp edge, but my right hip also hit the ground as well. Went to the nurse, filed an incident report. Had to get a teatnus shot, but unforutnley that was not the only damage that occured.

In the past week, I've noticed symptoms that I had before I heard a crunch in my left hip back in March 2016 when I had the herniated disc get worse. However, this time I'm noticing it in my right hip/back, but hasn't went crunch sound yet, which is good. On top of that, having to use my left hip knee to walk has now made it angry too, so kinda gotta take it slow. Should hear back from the dr this week. Had a very ghood chiropractor look and assess me, and said something got injured that pissed off this right hip/back. So, gonna take it slow to avoid said crunch sound in my right hip. Joy. However, this is just a slight momentary setback. I am very excited to start next semester as an RTV major. I can either be sad about this and let it consume me, or live life. I choose to live life, even if it's slower than I'm use to doing so.

I will say this. That I have greatly improved and grown in wisdom since March 2016 when I had the last herniated disc injury. Kinda gotta roll with the unexpected stuff in life, don't panic and figure out a plan, even if I'm not doing so well, I shouldn't be hard on myself. :)