Don Quixote (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

EXCLUSIVE: Disney has closed a deal for an untitled pitch to be written by Steve Pink and Jeff Morris, and produced by Infinitum Nihil’s Johnny Depp and Christi Dembrowski. The project is best described as a modern re-imagining of Don Quixote. Depp has long been intrigued with that character, and at one time was attached to the Quixote film that Terry Gilliam has tried to make.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/disney- ... ote-pitch/
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney's Don Quixote project

Post by jazzflower92 »

Disneyphile wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: Disney has closed a deal for an untitled pitch to be written by Steve Pink and Jeff Morris, and produced by Infinitum Nihil’s Johnny Depp and Christi Dembrowski. The project is best described as a modern re-imagining of Don Quixote. Depp has long been intrigued with that character, and at one time was attached to the Quixote film that Terry Gilliam has tried to make.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/disney- ... ote-pitch/
So,this is how Disney is thinking of doing the Don Quixote story well good luck for them because they have tried over and over again which often leaves them abadoning the project.Then again if we look at past attempts at several story adaptations I think a lesson here is that something that has been tried before by Disney to adapt will eventually be made although they will finally hit the right formula.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

So is the assumption that this will be live action, with Depp starring? I think he would make a great Quixote, but I'd love to see this in animation, and if it gets done as live action now, then it would at least be a good long while before they would ever consider it again as an animated film.

What I would love to see is an animated version, but still starring Depp as the voice of Quixote.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I believe Depp is interested in playing the Pancho Villa character. I hope he brings Gilliam on-board to direct. He's been trying to get his Don Quixote project off the ground for the last couple of years, but there's been a lack of funding for it.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's now going after their cancelled animated movies. :lol: Maybe we'll get a live-action Kingdom of the Sun too. :P

Don Quixote Movie in the Works at Disney (Exclusive)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... -at-938175
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Re: Don Quixote (Live-Action)

Post by Wonderlicious »

Sotiris wrote:Disney's now going after their cancelled animated movies. :lol: Maybe we'll get a live-action Kingdom of the Sun too. :P

Don Quixote Movie in the Works at Disney (Exclusive)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... -at-938175
Ha ha, I doubt this will happen given the curse attached to film versions of Don Quixote. Ask Walt Disney, Terry Gilliam or Orson Welles. :lol:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

If this ever actually does get made, I'll be excited for it but I'll still hope for an animated version.

There's definitely a few other deleted films I'd like to see in live-action like The Snow Queen and My Peoples and of course Kingdom of the Sun although it wouldn't be the same without Eartha Kitt.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote:Disney's now going after their cancelled animated movies. :lol: Maybe we'll get a live-action Kingdom of the Sun too. :P
You mean Tanned? Yeah, that's already set for Spring 2020. The ballpark for Tanned 2 is Fall 2020.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Don Quixote is heading to Disney's streaming service that's set to launch in fall 2019.
The goal in the first year is to generate four to five original movies, and five TV series for the streaming service. [...] Here are some of the priority movie projects I heard about: Don Quixote, from a Billy Ray script.
Source: http://deadline.com/2018/02/disney-stre ... 202281846/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage