Netflix to stream EVERY SINGLE DISNEY FILM EVER MADE

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Netflix to stream EVERY SINGLE DISNEY FILM EVER MADE

Post by Angeldude98 »

That's right, according to the source below, Netflix has acquired the rights to stream EVERY SINGLE DISNEY FILM EVER MADE!!!!!!
My question to this is this: WILL THAT INCLUDE SONG OF THE SOUTH??? :o :D
I sure hope so! What do you guys think?

http://www.bustle.com/articles/164348-n ... 3-films-to
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: Netflix to stream EVERY SINGLE DISNEY FILM EVER MADE

Post by milojthatch »

I think that means NetFlix will roll out not all at once, but over time until they loose the contract, every single Disney movie ever made, what ever that means. I'm aware of the basic contract, just not the finer details. Does this include TV content like made for TV film and shows or just theatrical stuff? Will this include films that are not owned by DIsney but that they distributed or just DIsney owned films?

Of course the obvious issue must be brought up that none of this is forever. However, until the contract dries up, enjoy! :D
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

You know the irony? Who Framed Roger Rabbit leaves Netflix in June.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Awesome.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

The day that "EVERY SINGLE DISNEY FILM EVER MADE" is on Netflix, is the day that elephants fly and I magically transform into someone that was actually blessed in the looks department. What a load of crap.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

I wouldn't completely rule out the legitimacy of this happening.

Here in the UK, Netflix's contract to stream Disney movies came to an end, so there are no more Disney movies found on The UK Netflix.

However, this is most likely because in the UK we have 'Disneylife', which is essentially Netflix with nothing but Disney movies and TV shows. And, I will be honest, I'm surprised by how much content their is -including Walt era live action films and episodes of TV shows like 'Duck Tales'.

If Disney has/is readying so much if it's content for streaming services in Europe, then it would surely be making all of this available to US customers in one way or another.
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

I'm guessing it'll probably work similarly to how Netflix Canada adds recent Disney films. For example, Canada's getting The Good Dinosaur this month, four months after the DVD/Blu-Ray release. Apparently, it's going to be the same for all new and upcoming Disney releases here as long as Disney continues the partnership.

Older Disney films will be gradually pushed onto the service with only a few per month coming out, and it'll probably take years for Disney to finish. Canadian Netflix subscribers got Tangled to stream last month, so it's nice that they're putting more popular films on there rather than only using films that don't sell DVDs anymore.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

This one has been debunked. Netflix will show Zootopia and every Disney movie that is released afterward, but not every Disney movie ever.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Disneyphile wrote:This one has been debunked. Netflix will show Zootopia and every Disney movie that is released afterward, but not every Disney movie ever.
Knew it, can't believe people fell for that.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disneyphile wrote:This one has been debunked. Netflix will show Zootopia and every Disney movie that is released afterward, but not every Disney movie ever.
Yes, and here is the Snopes posting on this very subject...

http://www.snopes.com/netflix-disney-collection/
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney