2016 elections thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

2016 elections thread

Post by Disneyphile »

Yup, it's that time again. This thread is for the discussion of all upcoming elections, including the 2016 presidential election.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: 2016 elections thread

Post by carolinakid »

I'm an independent leaning toward Marco Rubio.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I feel sorry for the Republicans right now. Trump’s going to get slaughtered as the nominee, but Cruz/Rubio can’t win if the others won’t drop out—and you know Carson won’t.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Nothing beats a tired, corrupt, lying, senile old hag like Clinton than a good ole TRUMP card!!!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Nothing beats a racist, bigoted, biased, old (he's the same age as Clinton), toupee wearing bankrupt like Trump like ANYONE from the Democratic party. Or, in fact, ANYONE else from the Republican party at this point actually.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Disney's Divinity

I can't wait for Hillary to become our first female president. :) She is definitely the most qualified, but I would've voted for Bernie Sanders if he'd become the nominee. The Republicans screaming about e-mails and Scalia for the next six months on top of Trump acting like the complete fool he is will make it very easy for her.

@Mayhem: The other Republicans are just as vile as Trump. They just aren't as frank and open about it. What an embarrassment he would be as president though? At least the rest of the world would feel validated that Americans are idiots. :lol:
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I'm leaning towards Bernie Sanders. If Clinton gets the nomination, I'll vote for her.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Disney's Divinity wrote:@Mayhem: The other Republicans are just as vile as Trump. They just aren't as frank and open about it.
Your second statement there is why I made mine about the rest of the Republican candidates. Diplomacy and decorum. As the old saying goes "Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than open it and prove them correct." Trump is certainly doing that with both barrels :roll:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

dvdjunkie wrote:Nothing beats a tired, corrupt, lying, senile old hag like Clinton than a good ole TRUMP card!!!!

Well, I don't think she's senile but I can't argue with the rest of the description.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Its been almost tragic to watch this Trump farce unfold, like a joke that stopped being funny a long, long time ago.

If he gets the nomination then I just hope he gets annihilated by Clinton. Trump as President would make America a laughing stock.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Either way, like when Dubya got in a second time, Google searches for "How do I emigrate to Canada?" shot up 400% following Super Tuesday...
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I wonder how many people actually left...
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

zackisthewalrus wrote:I'm leaning towards Bernie Sanders. If Clinton gets the nomination, I'll vote for her.
I'm in the same boat. I will NOT vote for Donald Trump. I know I'd rather prefer Bernie but not Trump. I mean the republican debates have gotten to the point I feel like I'm watching an episode of The Apprentice. Heck even other republicans have came out and said if Trump is the nominee they will vote for someone else. I mean Lindsey Graham did some jokes and I laughed hard at them. I think while he is joking, he also realizes there's sadly truth to what he says.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKDbt6pmC-g[/youtube]
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Mayhem wrote:Either way, like when Dubya got in a second time, Google searches for "How do I emigrate to Canada?" shot up 400% following Super Tuesday...

Rosie O'Donnell, Susan Sarandon and Alec Baldwin said they were gonna leave the country and I notice they're all still here...
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Interesting piece of information I picked up yesterday that I didn't know... apparently "future Biff" from the BttF films was based on a mid 1980s Donald Trump according to the script writer. Knowing what we know now, that isn't too hard to see truthfully...
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Just a few thoughts from a British perspective.

I never thought that Donald Trump was ever a particularly pleasant human being, but now I can't help but see him as evil. He knows how to tap into people's insecurities and has brought out the worst in a lot of people. Nobody who advocates so much prejudice and bitterness should ever be allowed in office. He's made homophobic remarks in the past, which personally affect people like me, but they're nothing compared to the other forms of intolerance he's advocated. I find Ted Cruz a bellend for similar reasons. And the worst part is that these people claim to be good, honest, religious people... :facepalm:

I'd accept Hilary Clinton as the Democrat nominee (btw, calling her a "hag" is sexist :roll: ), which I think is still highly likely. That said, I'm glad that Bernie Sanders has put across some message of collectivism into the political culture. One of the things, from a British/European perspective, that has always frustrated me about US politics is how so many people are so individualistic to the point where it's selfish, and how the system sort of encourages it. At least the open dialogue is making people think a bit more from a new, peaceful perspective.
Disney's Divinity

Wonderlicious wrote: I'd accept Hilary Clinton as the Democrat nominee (btw, calling her a "hag" is sexist :roll: ), which I think is still highly likely. That said, I'm glad that Bernie Sanders has put across some message of collectivism into the political culture. One of the things, from a British/European perspective, that has always frustrated me about US politics is how so many people are so individualistic to the point where it's selfish, and how the system sort of encourages it. At least the open dialogue is making people think a bit more from a new, peaceful perspective.
I'm already steeling myself for the misogyny that'll be spilled forth once Hillary and Trump are the nominees. I've wavered a bit on whether or not to vote for Bernie on Tuesday instead of Hillary (even though Hillary will win in the end), just because of what he represents as far as someone who isn't paid by billionaires running for president. Besides that--and a couple of other things, like Bernie's responses about capitalism--they're not that different in their views, imo, with Hillary having more experience and a greater likelihood of actually getting something done versus Bernie (or Obama).

Btw, did anyone watch Saturday Night Live last night? The opening with Bernie/Trump/Carson and the Hillary commercial were hilarious.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I would be voting Bernie in the primaries but I'm registered independent and missed the deadline to change my affiliation. At this rate there's almost no hope he'll get the nomination short of Hilary getting indicted.

I guess my only option now is to either not vote or vote Jill Stien. No way would I vote Trump or Hilary.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Speaking as a Brit...Bernie is wonderful. Cruz and Kasich are evil. Clinton is a different type of evil. And although his stated policies are unpleasant, I think Trump would, in a way, be preferable to Clinton.
Disney's Divinity

Dr Frankenollie wrote:Speaking as a Brit...Bernie is wonderful. Cruz and Kasich are evil. Clinton is a different type of evil. And although his stated policies are unpleasant, I think Trump would, in a way, be preferable to Clinton.
Maybe if you don't live in the country, where you'll experience the direct effects of a Trump presidency.

I can understand why people don't like Hillary, but the idea that anyone thinks she's equally bad as or worse than Trump does not compute.