Shorts Missing from the Treasures Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
imthewalrus79

Shorts Missing from the Treasures Series

Post by imthewalrus79 »

Outside of the obvious newer shorts like "Get a Horse" and "Feast," if someone owns all of the animation titles from the Walt Disney Treasures line, which shorts would you still need to get to have a complete collection of pre-Eisner Disney shorts? I know a few aren't in any titles in the collection, but don't know which shorts aren't included. Thanks for any help.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Re: Shorts Missing from the Treasures Series

Post by PixarFan2006 »

A lot of the educational shorts have never seen a DVD release outside of bonus features and (possibly, but not sure) bootlegs.

Jiminy Cricket's Educational Series (I'm No Fool and You and...)
Freewayphobia (Not in the Complete Goofy set according to wikipedia)
Donald's Fire Survival Plan
Steel and America
Goofy's Freeway Troubles
Scrooge McDuck and Money
Family Planning
It's Tough to be a Bird

There are also still a handful of lost Oswald shorts. If they do manage to find them, they could release a second set.

The Laugh-o-Grams and Laffets also have never seen a full DVD release (mainly because, like the other Oswald shorts, they're lost). They aren't technically shorts, but they're still a part of Disney history. They could fit them in with The Alice Comedies into one set.
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

If you ONLY have the Disney Treasures line, you will be missing three Chip 'n Dale shorts I believe: Lone Chipmunks, Two Chips and a Miss, and Chicken in the Rough. The latter two are on the "Classic Cartoon Favourites Volume 4" DVD, but the former is missing. I think it's a bonus short on another DVD, but I forget which one.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

The Lone Chipmunks is available on The Davy Crocket 50th Anniversary Double Feature DVD.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

What about the Humphrey shorts? Those haven't been released, have they?
MichaeLeah
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MichaeLeah »

Humphrey shorts are on the rarities treasure.

The focus of the treasures series has really been the Walt era. Generally speaking, post-Walt shorts have not been released.
My avatar is from Tony's Town Square Restaurant. What else would we do over a plate of spaghetti with meatballs?
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Another short not to appear in the Treasures releases, although it did appear as a bonus feature on the DVD of The Love Bug, was Susie the Little Blue Coupe.

The original Winnie the Pooh shorts as they were exhibited (i.e. not part of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and with American voice actors voicing Christopher Robin) aren't available on DVD or Blu-Ray. The exception to this is Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, which appeared as an extra feature on one of the DTV Pooh films.