The Silly Symphony Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Silly Symphony Collection

Post by Sotiris »

The Silly Symphony Collection is a first-of-its-kind box set from Walt Disney Records and Fairfax Classics featuring the complete restored soundtracks from all 75 Silly Symphony shorts from 1929-1939, with over 8 hours of music spread over 16 vinyl LPs. The collection is housed in 8 tip-on gatefold jackets with original animation art in a beautifully constructed foil-stamped and numbered slipcase. Soundtracks of Disney classics such as “The Skeleton Dance” by Carl Stalling, “Three Little Pigs” by Frank Churchill, and Donald Duck’s debut “The Wise Little Hen” by Leigh Harline will be presented in full for the first time ever on record. Each gatefold jacket includes detailed liner notes for every short by Disney historians J.B. Kaufman and Russell Merritt, authors of the definitive book on the Silly Symphonies.
Source: http://waltdisneyrecords.com/d23expo/si ... onies.html

You can pre-order the collection on August 17th and you can find the track list for each volume here.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Silly Symphony Collection

Post by Clindor »

This is gorgeous!....
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Wow, this is a surprise! The set looks pretty grand. I probably wouldn't ever use it, but it would be something nice to have.

Plus, I have no idea if my parents' record player still even works...
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

:jawdrop:
WOW!
Now I´m only worried by the price-tag! :roll:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I'll definitely get this if they release it as a CD set, vinyl is worthless to me as I can't play it.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I can't even believe this is real. How amazing. Disney Music Emporium honestly seems like the best thing to happen to Disney music since Disneyland Records.

If the purchase includes a digital copy of the collection, I'm in.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Chernabog wrote::jawdrop:
WOW!
Now I´m only worried by the price-tag! :roll:
Me too! If it's around the $300-$400 range at most I'll bite. Let's look at the price of records these days. This is being released as a set of 8-double record volumes. The average price for double LP these days is $24.99-$34.99. It varies. Multiply both by 8 we get $199.92-$279.92. That's not bad. That's doable for me as a record buyer and you find vinyl box sets in that range like that. What makes me nervous is looking at the Frozen 3-LP set. Regular price was $80. That's $26.67 per LP. Multiply that by 16 and we get $426.72. Ouch. At the cheapest the Frozen LP set went for was $59.99. $60 for 3 LPs which is about $20 per LP and if we multiply $20 by 16 we get $320. But I want the pre-order 10" versions of The Skeleton Dance and Three Little Pigs. I hope Disney isn't obnoxious with the price. I'm very scared. Especially with them charging $300 for a Snow White Music Score book...
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I think I still have my dads old record player, but I'd love a CD collection.
imthewalrus79

Post by imthewalrus79 »

I'd say somewhere between $300 - $400 sounds like a good ballpark figure. The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box set is currently at $450 on their official website. That's for a box set of 16 LP's pressed on 180-gram vinyl and a 252-page hard-back book with glossy photos and a black finish to the edge of the pages. Disney hasn't said whether or not their release will be on standard vinyl or heavyweight 180-gram. And from the looks of the packaging, there won't be a big hard-bound book. Even if it is heavyweight vinyl, I'd imagine not having a book like that as part of the package would make the $300-$400 range a very real possibility, unless Disney really makes this set very limited.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

So has anyone heard any more about this?
Rowi
Limited Issue

Post by Rowi »

Aww, I - too - wish they put it on CD's!!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Wow, that looks beautiful!
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Rowi wrote:Aww, I - too - wish they put it on CD's!!
Maybe at some point they will!
Sicoe Vlad wrote:Wow, that looks beautiful!
Doesn't it?!! :)
Rowi
Limited Issue

Post by Rowi »

The_Iceflash wrote:
Rowi wrote:Aww, I - too - wish they put it on CD's!!
Maybe at some point they will!
I hope so!! Fingers crossed!! :-)
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

A neat video posted on the Music Emporium site today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3giN7Lz ... e=youtu.be

Please let this not be too expensive! Maybe since they're promoting this so heavily, they're more interested in moving copies. That means more reasonable prices ~$300-$400.
Rowi
Limited Issue

Post by Rowi »

The_Iceflash wrote:A neat video posted on the Music Emporium site today!

Please let this not be too expensive! Maybe since they're promoting this so heavily, they're more interested in moving copies. That means more reasonable prices ~$300-$400.
You call $300-$400 'reasonable'? Wow!

Thanks for the YouTube-clip!!
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

They've confirmed its $399.98, and will include a digital copy of the entire set.

While on the one hand, it's definitely a reasonable price - Mondo's vinyls have been more expensive - it's still a LOT of cash to drop at once. I want to do it really bad but don't know if I can justify.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Rowi wrote:
The_Iceflash wrote:A neat video posted on the Music Emporium site today!

You call $300-$400 'reasonable'? Wow!

Thanks for the YouTube-clip!!
Well it does contain 16 vinyl records plus a digital copy.
SWillie! wrote:They've confirmed its $399.98, and will include a digital copy of the entire set.

While on the one hand, it's definitely a reasonable price - Mondo's vinyls have been more expensive - it's still a LOT of cash to drop at once. I want to do it really bad but don't know if I can justify.
FYI, Disney Visa card holders get 20% if you purchase with that. There's a 20% promotion going for the Disney Music Emporium for purchasing anything on there using that now through the end of August. I read the fine print and didn't see any exclusions. 20% off will take $80 off. $399.99-$79.99= $320.
imthewalrus79

Post by imthewalrus79 »

If anyone was interested in pre-ordering this set, it looks like it went up early for pre-order at 8 AM EST. I just pre-ordered my copy. I don't know how big the demand for the set will be; but according to the Disney Music Emporium Facebook page, this is a limited edition set of 5,000. So, you may not want to wait around.

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgsh ... ollection/
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

imthewalrus79 wrote:If anyone was interested in pre-ordering this set, it looks like it went up early for pre-order at 8 AM EST. I just pre-ordered my copy. I don't know how big the demand for the set will be; but according to the Disney Music Emporium Facebook page, this is a limited edition set of 5,000. So, you may not want to wait around.

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgsh ... ollection/
Don't forget if any of you have a Disney Visa to use the 20% discount!! I pre-ordered it using it and and it worked! It saved me $80!!

Good until August 31st!

https://disneyrewards.com/offers/dmemay15/