The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tristy
Special Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by Tristy »

Chernabog wrote:Pocahontas cover
I would have preferred a picture of her in her canoe with Meeko and Flit accompanying her but oh well.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Yeah, this one's a bit underwhelming. Not bad by any means, but not the most exciting. But, it's great to see the entire collection! They really look fantastic as a whole:

unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I like it. Ill probably pick this one up too. I just cant afford the whole collection so Im sticking to the Renaissance films...
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I like the Pocahontas cover, but it would have been better if they had featured her more prominently on the cover. A close up of the cover image would have been nice.

I do hope that the Disney Music Emporium will release a second art print from this release, as they have done for Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid among others. If one buys the entire collection from Disney D23, they give you an art print of all the covers. And the Disney Music Emporium website have released a second art print from several of the legacy collections, featuring the image used on the backside of the CD releases.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Finally got my TOY STORY today.
Nice to have a full score, but what a letdown in the linernotes department!!!
Totally the worst release in that sense for the series.
The other releases texts have been at least informative in a historically sense, but this....
Well, at least we have the score :)
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

^ I have a feeling that it's because it's Pixar. All the extra steps to get every little thing approved. I'm sure that's why some stock pose images are used in place of concept art. I'm guessing thats also at least part of the reason Toy Story was delayed a few months.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I have a question, actually. Are the legacy collection editions of Pinocchio and Cinderella worth getting or should I save my money?
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

DisneyJedi wrote:I have a question, actually. Are the legacy collection editions of Pinocchio and Cinderella worth getting or should I save my money?
If you don´t have any earlier releases of the two, I say go ahead.
The packaging is lovely (book, pictures and notes), the first disc are the same (approx.) as earlier releases.

If you just want to upgrade, skip Pinocchio. The bonus disc are really the "joke" of all the releases in this series, with songs that not even are from or connected to the film.
Cinderella on the other hand, have a bonus disc time of over ONE HOUR, with all the earlier released Lost Chords (previously only as digital downloads). Really recommended.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Pardon if it's been posted priorly, but here's the official press release of Pocahontas' edition;
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/07/21 ... announced/
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

And what about Lady and the Tramp?
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Lady and the Tramp is OK too, but there is not so much bonusmaterial as I expected.
DrewStories

Post by DrewStories »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Pardon if it's been posted priorly, but here's the official press release of Pocahontas' edition;
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/07/21 ... announced/
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to listening to the complete score for this.

However, it states "August 7th" as the release date. Has the release been pushed back to August 28th?
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

DrewStories wrote:it states "August 7th" as the release date. Has the release been pushed back to August 28th?
The only thing I'm seeing Aug 28 on is an import version on Amazon...Either they are getting it later or their listing is screwed up (They also have a second listing as Aug 7th, but not available for pre-order) Everything else I've seen says the 7th. Originally this one was schedule for July, but got pushed back to Aug 7.

One thing I would like to have on here, but I don't know if it will be included is the original "Steady as the Beating Drum" intro to "Just Around the Riverbend" sung by Judy. It looks like we are getting the Savages 2 intro though, so that's nice.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

DrewStories wrote:Thanks. I'm really looking forward to listening to the complete score for this.
You're welcome ;)
DisneyJedi wrote:I have a question, actually. Are the legacy collection editions of Pinocchio and Cinderella worth getting or should I save my money?
Well, I haven't received my "Cinderella" copy yet, so I shouldn't really respond. If you want to hear the demo's of "Pinocchio", it could be worth to check out. And if you like to read the writings on the edition, it's also worth to check it out.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

I think I will get Pocahontas after one week, on August 5th.

carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Under the Legacy banner Disney has the perfect forum for releasing the soundtrack of Song of the South for the first time on CD.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

NeverLand wrote:I think I will get Pocahontas after one week, on August 5th.
That's awesome! I gotta wait till mid-august to get mine, but I can't wait for it anymore!
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

carolinakid wrote:Under the Legacy banner Disney has the perfect forum for releasing the soundtrack of Song of the South for the first time on CD.

Wouldn´t that be GREAT :mickana:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Disneyland and Pocahontas are the only two purchases I want to make of the announced titles so far, after already owning Mermaid from the collection. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for the Disneyland one !!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I wonder if the films from 2000-2005 are going to be on this line-up. Though I doubt it, it would've been interesting. "Brother Bear" had several parts of it's score that wasn't included on it's official soundtrack. And what about "The Fox and the Hound"?