The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Hunchback's anniversary will be next year, so there is a possibility.
Let's hope so. *Sighs*
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Nice!
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

How big are the lithos that you can buy with the CDs at the Disney Music Emporium site?

Also, I wish they released this series on vinyl!
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

ce1ticmoon wrote:How big are the lithos that you can buy with the CDs at the Disney Music Emporium site?
Excuse my wrinkly sheet
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Aristocats looks fantastic! So now Pocahontas is all that's left for cover art... at least until they announce more!
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

The Little Merboy wrote:
ce1ticmoon wrote:How big are the lithos that you can buy with the CDs at the Disney Music Emporium site?
Excuse my wrinkly sheet
Nice! Thanks for the image!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yes, The Aristocats look very nice. :up:
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

I'm going to get sticks thrown at me, but I'm relatively underwhelmed by the cover for The Aristocats but really like the Toy Story cover.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Woody looks absolutely awful! As much as I enjoy Toy Story, I seriously can't think of a reason to buy this release.

I do think that The Aristocats looks cute, though. I'll probably also pass on it, since the film does little for me, but it's the more pleasing cover of the two.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

What! He does not look awful! It looks exactly like a color script board from the film would have looked like! The intention isn't for them to be on model. Either way though, it's the music that's important. And in this case, Toy Story has never had a full soundtrack release - even to the cast and crew. So that's a plus, right?
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

SWillie! wrote:What! He does not look awful! It looks exactly like a color script board from the film would have looked like! The intention isn't for them to be on model. Either way though, it's the music that's important. And in this case, Toy Story has never had a full soundtrack release - even to the cast and crew. So that's a plus, right?
Yes I agree about that it´s very good that we will get the full soundtrack for the first time. This makes me more accepting of this title which I really don´t think belonged in the collection in the first place, due to that it´s not a genuine DISNEY movie (PIXAR was not really DISNEY at that time) - all the other releases in the series are made by The Disney Studio (except the DISNEYLAND release maybe).

....and by the way Woody looks a little bit awful :lol:

The Aristocats cover is so cute though! Fit right in together with the Lady and the Tramp cover.
Disney's Divinity

Avaitor wrote:Woody looks absolutely awful!
I thought so, too, but I was being positive by omission. :lol: Thankfully, it wasn't one of the soundtracks I was getting anyway.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Woody looks like he saw the same thing Aladdin saw on the Diamond cover. Whats got them so dang excited?! :lol:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

When does The Aristocats get released?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Aristocats is the last announced of the collection, out August 18th. Strange that we've got cover art for it before Pocahontas, which is out in July.

I'll agree that Toy Story is a strange choice for the collection, but on the other hand I'm alright with them including anything and everything under the Disney banner. Just hope they continue to give priority to the DACs. (Although I'd love more park music. Maybe an Epcot release?)
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

The Little Merboy wrote:
Excuse my wrinkly sheet
So the lithos that are available at the Disney Music Emporium website are not the same as the lithos available as a bonus for those who buy the entire collection from Disney D23? I pre-purchased the entire collection from D23, but the lithos included there have the same image as the album covers. But this litho from The Little Mermaid are a different one... The Disney Music Emporium site should have specified what kind of lithos that are available with their legacy collection CD's.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney's Divinity

I had a stray thought while looking at the track listing for Cinderella (and comparing it to the Lost Chords I have) about the deleted songs/alternate versions that weren’t included on TLM’s Legacy. It was a bit of a salt in the wound moment, but I was thinking about how many of the deleted songs/demos were given voice in new arrangements for Cinderella, SB, Pinocchio, and so on, and it made me think how awesome it would have been to get Pat Carroll singing "Silence Is Golden" or Jodi Benson doing full versions of the alternate takes on her songs. I'm more annoyed it didn't happen now I think of it because, well, Pat Carroll might not be around for however long it takes for them to do something like this series again. :/ Also, this may have been noticed already and I forgot, but “Happy Ending” in TLM Legacy seems to be screwed up. The choral comes in too late after the moment they should come in on repeats randomly. I have no idea why it does that.

Since I'm posting in this thread, there isn't any way to buy the lithographs separately from the full set, right?
Ozzel

Post by Ozzel »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Also, this may have been noticed already and I forgot, but “Happy Ending” in TLM Legacy seems to be screwed up. The choral comes in too late after the moment they should come in on repeats randomly. I have no idea why it does that.
Huh. Originally I just thought that must be the way it is in the film. But that isn't the case. Listening to it again, it's obviously a bad edit. Weird.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't plan to buy any of these except Cinderella's, but from what I know I agree with Disney's Divinity.