DuckTales (Remake)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
yaksplat

DuckTales (Remake)

Post by yaksplat »

Just saw this over at Jim Hill Media. Quite an interesting thought.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... KVhsA.dpbs
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Re: New DuckTales coming to Disney XD in 2017

Post by DisneyBluLife »

Woohoo!! Great news, I love this show along with the other Disney Afternoon shows. I hope these new episodes will be just as good as the old one. :D I can´t wait, looking forward this!

Please Disney, keep the same animation style for these new episodes! Don´t make them look hideous like in the new Mickey Mouse show!! :cry:

If you guys want to see something funny. See how today´s kids react to Ducktales! The comments from the kids are hilarious!! rotfl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9qGngsyA4
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

I am beyond excited. And they must have a lot of faith in the project, as they had announced a week or so ago that they were doing a Junior Woodchucks expansion over in Tokyo! Makes sense now.
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

If you guys want to see something funny. See how today´s kids react to Ducktales! The comments from the kids are hilarious!!
this is beyond adorable! the Asian kid is hilarious! the little girl with pony tails looks/acts just like my niece!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm excited, too, but I do wonder if it'll be as good as the original. Either way, more Scrooge McDuck is never a bad thing. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyphilip
Special Edition

Post by disneyphilip »

DisneyBluLife wrote:Please Disney, keep the same animation style for these new episodes! Don´t make them look hideous like in the new Mickey Mouse show!! :cry:
Hey! Keep the new Mickey shorts out of this!

Besides, how dare you say something so mean about them. They're not hideous at all! The new shorts are amazing and waaaaaay better than that horrid Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Well...this is the most surprising news of the day.

The only this can be topped if Roger Rabbit and Bonkers both returned together in some way. ;)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Another article about it on ABC:
ABC News: DuckTales will Return to TV
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder if they might start re-running the old show again, too?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

I'm excited, but a *big* factor in my enjoyment of this is going to be whether or not they keep the original voice actors. I have no worries that they'll keep Russi Taylor and Terry McGovern if possible, but I'm worried about Alan Young. The man is 95 and *still* voicing Scrooge. I'm scared he might not have the energy for a whole TV show, and 2017 just seems like so very far away...
- John
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Thank you for this. Its about time. That's all I have to say about this. Woo-ooo!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Yay!!! I'm hoping we get some great animation based on the character designs of the comics, and a combination of Launchpad and Donald in the stories.

Sorry, I'm rather proud of that sticker.
And I hope it does really, really well and makes Disney consider animating The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
Pasta67 wrote:I'm worried about Alan Young. The man is 95 and *still* voicing Scrooge. I'm scared he might not have the energy for a whole TV show, and 2017 just seems like so very far away...
I'm feeling that way too.. :( I've been saying they need to bring Scrooge back while he's still with us long before this announcement. If he ends up not being up for such a big role, maybe he could do a small part like Fergus?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Miss Manday wrote:I am beyond excited. And they must have a lot of faith in the project, as they had announced a week or so ago that they were doing a Junior Woodchucks expansion over in Tokyo! Makes sense now.
Wait, what?
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I'm worried about Alan Young. The man is 95 and *still* voicing Scrooge. I'm scared he might not have the energy for a whole TV show, and 2017 just seems like so very far away...
True, but sometimes work can keep a person healthy and going, ala Betty White and June Foray. Keep the mind and body active and it can work wonders by prolonging your years.

If they announce that for some reason Young doesn't wish to reprise his role as Scrooge due to age then I would be okay w/this, but if it is just that Disney decides they want someone younger to voice the character i'm out. I hate when they recast a voice actor when the original or second generation voice actor is still around, like Rabbit in the Winnie the Pooh movie from 2011.

I do hope they can match the voices as close as possible for the actors who are no longer with us from the original Ducktales series, and that they do away w/the Quack Pack version of the characters.
And I hope it does really, really well and makes Disney consider animating The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
I do agree and have been stating this for years though that Disney needs to get the ball rolling on a definitive movie adaptation of the "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck." Could you just imagine Disney winning an Oscar for an adaptation of the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, b/c I can. I would totally be fine if it was a DTV like the Tinkerbell series.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

disneyphilip wrote:
DisneyBluLife wrote:Please Disney, keep the same animation style for these new episodes! Don´t make them look hideous like in the new Mickey Mouse show!! :cry:
Hey! Keep the new Mickey shorts out of this!

Besides, how dare you say something so mean about them. They're not hideous at all! The new shorts are amazing and waaaaaay better than that horrid Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
I am sorry, I didn´t mean to sound mean. I love the shorts too. I watch them all the time. :D They are amazing and very funny. It is just that I don´t really like the animation style of the show sometimes they can look a bit ugly for my taste. I hope you can forgive me, it is just my opinion to the style of the show, but the show itself is awesome!!! :)

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/shorts/secon ... ndseason-a
calvin101
Limited Issue

Post by calvin101 »

I am so very excited about this!!

Given that they've kept the main character roster the same, it seems they're not just going to plonk the core main characters in a completely new setting, which works for me.

I think my biggest anxiety though is the theme tune. It's an integral part of the show so I really, really hope they don't mess with it too much or worse, ditch it altogether.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Elladorine wrote: And I hope it does really, really well and makes Disney consider animating The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
That's a fantasic idea!!

If they did though I'd want it to be in the same style as the comic - not Ducktales. And I'd want Don Rosa to be a consultant on the project. It could be so amazing!!
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Avaitor wrote:
Miss Manday wrote:I am beyond excited. And they must have a lot of faith in the project, as they had announced a week or so ago that they were doing a Junior Woodchucks expansion over in Tokyo! Makes sense now.
Wait, what?
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-tok ... ant-74297/ :)
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I hope they find new and different actors for the roles of these characters. The original actors are not as young as they used to be. Why, Alan Young was in, what, his 70s when he voiced Scrooge in the original show?
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angeldude98 »

I am excited!!! I love Ducktales!!!! Bring it on! :D :D :D

... but in the meantime, how about finally releasing the 4th volume of Ducktales on DVD with the final 25 episodes? :wink:

Or better yet, a complete series DVD and/or Blu-Ray set!!! I'd buy it in a split second!!! :D