Walt Disney Treasures Wave 4 - Stills

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

2099net wrote:Image

Wow! Is that Eisner at the very back, the very tall one wearing the Mickey Mouse Ear Cap? Is there no end to this man's God like talents! He can even time travel!

Isn't it ironic his shirt says "Roy"? That Eisner eh? Always ready to spoil Roy's party! (He obviously went back in time, knocked the younger Roy Disney out, and took his place, just to appear on Roy's Disney Treasures!)
:lol: yea, Eisner wouldn't want to be uninvolved in something even if it's before his time

If this sells well watch Eisner say it's cause of this cameo :D
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

2099net wrote:Wow! Is that Eisner at the very back, the very tall one wearing the Mickey Mouse Ear Cap? Is there no end to this man's God like talents! He can even time travel!
:rotfl:
chamfer

Post by chamfer »

Anyone think it's odd that the still pictures for pluto are from a 1948 cartoon, yet the cover art for pluto says cartoons up to 1947......
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

2099net wrote: Wow! Is that Eisner at the very back, the very tall one wearing the Mickey Mouse Ear Cap? Is there no end to this man's God like talents! He can even time travel!

Isn't it ironic his shirt says "Roy"? That Eisner eh? Always ready to spoil Roy's party! (He obviously went back in time, knocked the younger Roy Disney out, and took his place, just to appear on Roy's Disney Treasures!)
rotfl Now that is funny.
chamfer wrote:Anyone think it's odd that the still pictures for pluto are from a 1948 cartoon, yet the cover art for pluto says cartoons up to 1947......
Very good observation, I didn't even think about that. Maybe this means that both the dates on the cover and the press release are incorrect. I hope so! But then there's the possibility that the stills could be a mistake, if they didn't actually come from the Treasures themselves, which raises this point...
Class316 wrote:As for the stills, I don't think they're from the DVD. MMC was filmed in color. Maltin said that Walt always filmed in color.
Anyone have any confirmation over whether these frames were actually lifted from the disc?

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Anders M Olsson
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anders M Olsson »

deathie mouse wrote:With all this talk about wave 3 being a home run, while wave 4 is (relatively) not as "good", couldn't there be another 4th Treasure being worked on but details/status not be completed so it may be announced later? For example, with this wave we have all Mickeys, but we've just started with Donald Duck. With some people calculating that Donald could have 3 or 4 treasures, and no DD release this Christmas, we're talking about up to almost 3 and a half years to go to have a complete Donald collection. I would have thought that from now on we'd have a Donald every year/wave. Just like we've had with Mickey...
Also, don't forget that a second volume of Silly Symphonies is long overdue.
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

I guess there are a million speculations regarding Pluto. We should know for sure in about 2 months or so.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

2099net wrote:Wow! Is that Eisner at the very back, the very tall one wearing the Mickey Mouse Ear Cap? Is there no end to this man's God like talents! He can even time travel!
:lol: You sure spotted him... he definitely looks like Ei$ner, funny that that picture ends up in the press release rotfl rotfl
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

But how did he go unnoticed?? Oh wait; he must have “quantum leaped” into little Roy. Yep, his powers know no end.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

Just for the record: The big guy is Roy Willliams - "The Big Mooseketeer".
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Netty is teh funy1 :lol:

As always, thanks for posting the pics, Luke. The stills from Pluto intice me to buy it, but I still think it won't, since he's my least favorite of the "classic Disney characters" and and there's too many other things I'd like to get this winter. It can't wait to get Mickey Mouse Club! :D
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

All the talk about Mikey Eisner as Roy got me thinking about an episode of The Golden Girls.

(Rose has gotten her birthday present from Dorothy)
Rose: Oh, look it's a second hand sweatshirt...with my name misspelled.
Dorothy: Rose, that's the original Mickey Mouse Club sweatshirt that ROY wore!

:lol: Good times...

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
DisneyQuack
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyQuack »

Nice pictures Luke! I look forward to these very much indeed.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I think for Collector's around us, that the MMC will be issued in black and white as it was shown on television. The later color editions will come on future volumes. The opening was shot in color, but the show itself was in black and white for the first two seasons and then it was all done in color while still being broadcast in black and white.

At the Fantasyland Theater where I was the projectionist we always started the show with the Mickey Mouse Club opening and it was definitely in color. Some of our introduction inserts by the Mouseketeers were in black and white.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Hmm

Post by Disney Guru »

Yes that looks kinda like Eisners wolf life face. But I think that is still Roy, Evil Eisner, wouldn't stoop that low to ruin the Disney Company. I hope unless he cut and pasted himself in using his Computer. Ah Ha, I think the culprit now shows up, he uses photo shop. Get him Flotsom and Jetsom. Oh i forgot Ariel, turned you guys into little fishies. Well whatevever. But yes that is extremely funny. I will be buying that treasure deffinately. M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
cardmar

Post by cardmar »

Nice pics Luke!!

Thanks for the post. Pluto will definetly be added to my collection.