Walt Disney Treasures Wave 4 - Stills

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 4 - Stills

Post by Luke »

<b><u>Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 4 Stills</b></u>
Release Date: December 7, 2004

<b>Mickey Mouse in Black & White, Volume 2</b>

Image Image
"Mickey's Choo Choo" (1929)

"Delivery Boy" (1931)

"The Barnyard Broadcast" (1931)

"Barnyard Olympics" (1932)

"The Grocery Boy" (1932)

"Mickey's Steamroller" (1934)

"When the Cat's Away" (1929)

"Just Mickey" (1930)

"Shanghaied" (1934)

<font size="4">Pre-order Mickey Mouse in Black & White, Volume 2</font>

<b>The Complete Pluto, Volume 1</b>

"Private Pluto" (1943)

"Lend a Paw" (1941)

"Pluto's Quin-puplets" (1937)

"Pluto and the Armadillo" (1943)

Stills from "Bone Trouble" (1948)
Image Image
Image Image

<font size="4">Pre-order The Complete Pluto, Volume 1</font>

<b>The Mickey Mouse Club, Week One</b>

Image Image
The Opening

Image Image
Left: The Mousketeers; Right: Annette Funicello

Image Image
The Mousketeers and Title Logo

<font size="4">Pre-order Mickey Mouse Club, Week One</font>
Last edited by Luke on Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

Thanks Luke! These look awesome! Has Disney just released a bunch of stuff for Wave 4 and Mary Poppins suddenly?! They look up to par with the other Treasures. I thought MMC was filmed in colour though, so why are they B&W?
My Blog

- Paul
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Wow, I didn't expect to see this so soon. Very cool frames, thanks for posting, Luke!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

yoda_four wrote:Has Disney just released a bunch of stuff for Wave 4 and Mary Poppins suddenly?! They look up to par with the other Treasures. I thought MMC was filmed in colour though, so why are they B&W?
Yes, but no press releases...yet.
yoda_four wrote:I thought MMC was filmed in colour though, so why are they B&W?

I know the titles of the Mickey Mouse Club were done in color, but I'm not sure if the show itself was shot that way. It always aired in black and white as far as I know, even in reruns when the capabilities for color were obviously around.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

For me, "Mickey Mouse Vol. 2" is the most exciting release from this wave... Since most of the shorts are really obscure, there's lots of material I have never seen before. Let's hope it is as packed with bonuses as the first volume.
Hennie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hennie »

Great pics Luke :thumb: I have all 3 of them in pre-order :D
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Good stuff. I'll definetly pass on the MMC, way too sappy/corny/cheesy for my taste. Guess you gotta be a real fan.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I really liked the pictures Luke and I can't wait until December to buy them all!!! :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
DisneyGirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyGirl »

Ciaobelli wrote:Good stuff. I'll definetly pass on the MMC, way too sappy/corny/cheesy for my taste. Guess you gotta be a real fan.
Same here...not cause it's cheesy or corny....and not cause I'm not a 'real fan'...it's just not my thing.
DisneyGirl

Image After All These Years...& Still Wishing On Stars Image

My Collections
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

DisneyGirl wrote:
Ciaobelli wrote:Good stuff. I'll definetly pass on the MMC, way too sappy/corny/cheesy for my taste. Guess you gotta be a real fan.
Same here...not cause it's cheesy or corny....and not cause I'm not a 'real fan'...it's just not my thing.
Yup, the second picture killed it for me.
TheZue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheZue »

I don't think I'll be getting MMC but I'll definately grab the other two. The covers all look great, and so do the stills. I'm really looking forward to pluto :D
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I'll step up in defense of MMC- it is the one I most look forward to, though I've never even seen an episode.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DDMAN26 »

I really can't wait until Pluto and the Mickey Mouse B & W set looks good again. But I never was a fan of the MMC. I mean this was the best version, but it never really did anything for me on Vault Disney. Overall I'd say after Wave Three this set was bound to be a little disappointing. I think they hit a home run on that set. This one was a solid double.
Most Anticpated: Watchmen Terminator Salvation Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

I'm looking forward to this "When The Cat's Away" short the most. If you don't know about it, it shows Mickey and Minnie as regular-sized mouses.

As for "Mickey Mouse Club", as I said before I'm getting it for completist's sake, but I'll be very glad to own it. Gotta have them all! :D

But you are right DDMAN26. Wave 3 was so great that this one comes as a bit of a letdown - not exactly disappointing, but not as exciting!
DisneyGirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyGirl »

Joe Carioca wrote:I'm looking forward to this "When The Cat's Away" short the most. If you don't know about it, it shows Mickey and Minnie as regular-sized mouses.

As for "Mickey Mouse Club", as I said before I'm getting it for completist's sake, but I'll be very glad to own it. Gotta have them all! :D

But you are right DDMAN26. Wave 3 was so great that this one comes as a bit of a letdown - not exactly disappointing, but not as exciting!
Why is everyone saying Wave 3 was so disappointing? I loved it! (On the Front Lines, Chronological Donald and In Living Color 2 at least).
DisneyGirl

My Collections
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

DisneyGirl wrote:
Joe Carioca wrote:I'm looking forward to this "When The Cat's Away" short the most. If you don't know about it, it shows Mickey and Minnie as regular-sized mouses.

Why is everyone saying Wave 3 was so disappointing? I loved it! (On the Front Lines, Chronological Donald and In Living Color 2 at least).
No, no - quite on the contrary! I said that, since wave 3 was the best wave of all, wave 4 is a kind of a letdown (but not a disappointment by any means). :)
Last edited by Joe Carioca on Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyGirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyGirl »

Joe Carioca wrote:
DisneyGirl wrote: Why is everyone saying Wave 3 was so disappointing? I loved it! (On the Front Lines, Chronological Donald and In Living Color 2 at least).
No, no - quite on the contrary! I said that, since wave 3 was the best wave of all, wave 4 is a kid of a letdown (but not a disappointment by any means). :)
Yes, now that I've read it again, it makes sense.
DisneyGirl

My Collections
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

Wow really great pics Luke! wets my appetite so much more :D

With all this talk about wave 3 being a home run, while wave 4 is (relatively) not as "good", couldn't there be another 4th Treasure being worked on but details/status not be completed so it may be announced later? For example, with this wave we have all Mickeys, but we've just started with Donald Duck. With some people calculating that Donald could have 3 or 4 treasures, and no DD release this Christmas, we're talking about up to almost 3 and a half years to go to have a complete Donald collection. I would have thought that from now on we'd have a Donald every year/wave. Just like we've had with Mickey...
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

I still don't get the The "Complete" Pluto, and "Volume 1". I hope they don't double dip the Pluto eps and make them 2 volumes. That would be so crappy :(

As for the stills, I don't think they're from the DVD. MMC was filmed in color. Maltin said that Walt always filmed in color.

MMC seems kinda interesting. Sad that it’s just week one and not Season 1. But I guess that was expected. After these, we’ll probably never see another MMC ep ever gain. They will forever be lost in the abyss of time.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Wow! Is that Eisner at the very back, the very tall one wearing the Mickey Mouse Ear Cap? Is there no end to this man's God like talents! He can even time travel!

Isn't it ironic his shirt says "Roy"? That Eisner eh? Always ready to spoil Roy's party! (He obviously went back in time, knocked the younger Roy Disney out, and took his place, just to appear on Roy's Disney Treasures!)
Last edited by 2099net on Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database