Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition Blu-ray - 2014

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition Blu-ray - 2014

Post by unprincess »

Im not just talking about covers but also collectors sets with books & other things a collector would like. And that would also aply to disc bonus content , as Im sure one of the reasons theyve been so lacking recently is b/c Disney figures most kids/parents dont care about stuff like making of docus, interviews with creators & art galleries, but games & Disney Channel/pop star music videos. :roll:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Avaitor wrote:At the end of the day, it's just a cover. Shouldn't the content of the release be what matters?
Does Disney even make quality releases anymore? Also, no offense to you particularly (since I know you don't mean it this way), but when people say "a cover is not important" (usually with an eye roll), I find that incredibly condescending. If we want to be technical, everything is unimportant to a release beyond the movie itself; that doesn't mean a lack of bonus features, bad restorations, or ugly covers are any less disappointing. As a consumer, I don't have to be grateful for whatever they decide to serve on a plate, which is why I rarely buy Disney releases anymore.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Avaitor wrote:At the end of the day, it's just a cover. Shouldn't the content of the release be what matters?
Does Disney even make quality releases anymore? Also, no offense to you particularly (since I know you don't mean it this way), but when people say "a cover is not important" (usually with an eye roll), I find that incredibly condescending. If we want to be technical, everything is unimportant to a release beyond the movie itself; that doesn't mean a lack of bonus features, bad restorations, or ugly covers are any less disappointing. As a consumer, I don't have to be grateful for whatever they decide to serve on a plate, which is why I rarely buy Disney releases anymore.
Both points are fair, you're right. I'm just a little surprised to see people say that they're considering importing releases just for a better-looking cover. At the same time, I do kind of get it.

But yes, it does suck that Disney is increasingly becoming uninterested in bringing out their A-game for their releases. I understand that digital is the future, but most of the people who are still buying DVDs and Blus are supporters who expect quality for their money, which Disney just doesn't care about at this point. I man, look at what Criterion does on the daily, or Warner's upcoming big box set for the original Nutty Professor. That's not the kind of film that I would expect to get such an extravagant release at all, but it really puts Disney's usual releases to shame.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've finally got the time to sit down and watch Sleeping Beauty ..... And I'm thoroughly appalled by the gall of Disney to just literally re-release the EXACT same disc as before. It actually made me feel embarassed - The Princess and the Frog teaser is on there, with the fireflies spellin out 2010 in the night sky.....it's APPALLING !!

Not only is it revoltingly lazy, but a huge marketing sweep has been missed surely ? Maleficent, Disneyland Paris, Planes, Tinkerbell could all have had trailers attached, but Disney just couldn't be bothered.

Truly appalled the laziness.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Atlantica wrote:I've finally got the time to sit down and watch Sleeping Beauty ..... And I'm thoroughly appalled by the gall of Disney to just literally re-release the EXACT same disc as before. It actually made me feel embarassed - The Princess and the Frog teaser is on there, with the fireflies spellin out 2010 in the night sky.....it's APPALLING !!

Not only is it revoltingly lazy, but a huge marketing sweep has been missed surely ? Maleficent, Disneyland Paris, Planes, Tinkerbell could all have had trailers attached, but Disney just couldn't be bothered.

Truly appalled the laziness.
Yeah, in Germany the Blu-ray will be the exact same set as the Platinum Edition, but with 2 discs, and the same artwork on the discs.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I tweeted Disney Movies UK about it, but surprise surprise have had zero response. Not sure where to go to next ?
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Sotiris wrote:Germany is getting a collector's edition digibook.

Do you have a link where I can order this? :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Okay so how does one obtain this from overseas?

It's eBay the only way to go? Would that be an expensive option?

That cover, wow. Although we got no new sleeping beauty art this release, these covers are amazing. Boy does Disney know how to rearrange clip art.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Oh man, Best Buy or regular? I'm tempted to get both now.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney used the exact same cover before on LaserDisc and VHS releases.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

DAMN, that Best Buy exclusive is actually, dare I say it, rather classy! Even if it is recycled, who cares, that's so much more beautiful and befitting of this most sumptuous animated classic than that retch-inducing regular cover. It's a shame I all ready have the Platinum. I don't plan on getting it, but I might have to get the slip-cover for posterity's sake. (My own Platinum edition was bought used and therefore didn't come with a slip-cover anyway.)

Hopefully we'll see more Best Buy exclusive art-works like this in the future. It's quite fetching.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Wow... thats a great cover for Best Buy.

And now MY main question is: which SPANISH dub will the AMERICAN release of the film have (1959 or 2001)? (I'm sure the European one has the one made in Spain around 2000)...

I don't suppose anyone knows.... do you?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:Disney used the exact same cover before on LaserDisc and VHS releases.

I love that cover and I'm glad Disney is using it as a best buy release.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I have both that laserdisc cover and the widescreen VHS box. Lady and the Tramp had a widescreen VHS release also with beautiful artwork!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Damn, that is an awesome cover! I was considering getting this release if it's on sale during Black Friday, since I want the new bonuses but otherwise don't want to double-dip, but I'm afraid that Best Buy may not have it on sale then. It's usually WalMart or Target that have Disney or Pixar movies for $20 on BF.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Best Buy Exclusive:

Target Exclusive:

Walmart Exclusive:

Disney Store Exclusive:

Mach Full Force
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mach Full Force »

Christopher_TCUIH wrote: Image
Disney's finally acknowledging DisneyBounding?
"Maybe you live in a golden cage, but a golden cage is still a cage."
~Juan Carlos Bodoque, 31 Minutos: La Película
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Wow, so many options to chose from! I'd go with the Target exclusive or the Best Buy exclusive. I can't make up my mind, so I'll probably end up purchasing both of them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

What is Disney Bounding? :?

The best buy cover is fantastic. Its a sad state of affairs when the best covers are store exclusives.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.