The Archive Series books recommendation

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Special Edition

The Archive Series books recommendation

Post by 271286 »

Hi, I've looked at the books from the Archive Series from Disney. They looks like great coffee table books...
Does anyone in here have them? They are a bit expensive in my country due to taxes, so I'm gonna get them over some time.

Which one do you recommend getting first, and are they all equally great?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Re: The Archive Series books recommendation

Post by SWillie! »

I have all of them, and would highly recommend the entire series. There are currently 4 books plus the flip-book set of the Nine Old Men. The flipbooks are certainly very cool and a fun addition to the series, but I'd consider them more a novelty than the rest. My favorite is definitely Animation, closely followed by Design. Story and Layout/Background are great of course, but I don't find myself looking through them as often. But that's really just personal preference.

In case you are unaware, the books focus *soley* on images. I believe there is a written forward for each one, but the rest of the book is pictures alone, with just a caption for the artist name and date. There's no substantial written portions like there are in most "art of" books. Just fyi.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I have a couple of them on my Amazon "saved for later" list. Unfortunately I have a lot of stuff on that list, so I have no idea when Ill have the cash to get them. :P

sucks b/c I already lost out on getting A Disney Sketchbook, due to waiting. That book was still available as early as this winter at regular price and then all of a sudden a couple months ago it went out of print & the price skyrocketed! I really hope they reprint it again.

and (sorry to hijack your thread, 271286) does anyone know if they ever printed the book called Disney's Neglected Prince? It supposedly was to come out in 2009 but I cant find any info on it at all, its as if it was cancelled...
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/books/2009-a ... 10410.html
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I bought "story" as a souvenir at Disney World my last visit, mostly because it was pretty cheap for some reason (20 bucks or less if memory serves). I haven't seen the others but Ive always wondered what they were like.