The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by SWillie! »

Divinity - you're definitely not alone in hoping for a Sword in the Stone. I'd love for them to use this collection to get some of the less popular movies released with a "real" soundtrack. Along with SitS, I'd love

Robin Hood
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Rescuers
The Fox and the Hound
(I'd say the Black Cauldron, but the Intrada release is phenomenal)
The Great Mouse Detective (I know there is some kind of release, but it's really hard to find - it's not even available digitally)
Lilo & Stitch (with more of the fantastic score)

A package features compilation would be really cool too. I'd particularly love music from Fun and Fancy Free and Ichabod & Mr. Toad. Also an "animated shorts" collection with music from shorts through the years. Also Pixar shorts album. Ugh, just give me everything please lol.

I'm interested to see what they'll do for the Fantasia album. Would they include Fantasia 2000? New recordings of the arrangements used in the film? Also Disneyland - there have been so many Disney Parks albums, and yet there's still so much music that hasn't been released.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

SWillie! wrote:Divinity - you're definitely not alone in hoping for a Sword in the Stone. I'd love for them to use this collection to get some of the less popular movies released with a "real" soundtrack. Along with SitS, I'd love

Robin Hood
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Rescuers
The Fox and the Hound
(I'd say the Black Cauldron, but the Intrada release is phenomenal)
The Great Mouse Detective (I know there is some kind of release, but it's really hard to find - it's not even available digitally)
Lilo & Stitch (with more of the fantastic score)

A package features compilation would be really cool too. I'd particularly love music from Fun and Fancy Free and Ichabod & Mr. Toad. Also an "animated shorts" collection with music from shorts through the years. Also Pixar shorts album. Ugh, just give me everything please lol.

I'm interested to see what they'll do for the Fantasia album. Would they include Fantasia 2000? New recordings of the arrangements used in the film? Also Disneyland - there have been so many Disney Parks albums, and yet there's still so much music that hasn't been released.
Last time I checked, Great Mouse Detective was on itunes. It was at least on there at some point.

I find it hard to believe next year's Disneyland set could top the 6-CD release they did for the 50th.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Oh, you're right about GMD, it is on iTunes (oddly enough with a very strange cover of the regular poster art). Scratch that then, I don't see it getting any better than that release. Personally I'd like for them to focus on getting *all* the original music out before concentrating on re-releasing the popular stuff with bonus features.

Does anybody else really enjoy listening to film score "suites"? The tracks that take multiple themes and songs from throughout the full soundtrack and compile them to make a shorter orchestral medley... often used for end credits. Some Disney soundtracks have them, and some don't. I wish they all did. "Enchanted Suite", "Suite from Mulan", "Overture" from 101 Dalmatians, and "End Creditouilles" are some of my favorites. Too bad there isn't a Lion King one.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Something bothers me about this lion king soundtrack...
Is it me or is there a snore at the beginning of "Remember who you are"...
It's incredibly annoying, and I wonder if it's an error or if they planned it. :/

I mean, the last 3 tracks are kind of related, but it'll still annoying. :P
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

no love for Oliver and Compnay? I know its one big 80's flashback bomb but you have to admit that Why should I worry? was a catchy tune. :)
Id love to see that one in this collection but yeah...fat chance.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Yes, it is a snore on the beginning of Remember Who You Are, but that comes from Timon and Pumbaa crying at the end of Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
Just put in another track so the tracks can flow properly.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

taei wrote:Something bothers me about this lion king soundtrack...
Is it me or is there a snore at the beginning of "Remember who you are"...
It's incredibly annoying, and I wonder if it's an error or if they planned it. :/

I mean, the last 3 tracks are kind of related, but it'll still annoying. :P
Yeah it's just the crying / snorting from Timon and Pumbaa from the end of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" bleeding into the next track. It's kind of weird and especially annoying if you've got the album on shuffle, but otherwise it's not a huge deal if you're listening to it in order.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

are these going to be limited? I want to get a few(Id get them all if it was financially feesable) but I dont know if Ill be able to afford them each time they come out as my finances alotted for " non essential stuff" varies.

I really like the concept arts in the booklets...
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

unprincess wrote:are these going to be limited? I want to get a few(Id get them all if it was financially feesable) but I dont know if Ill be able to afford them each time they come out as my finances alotted for " non essential stuff" varies.

I don't think they are limited, so you're good.
-Brave.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I want to get this collection to go with my Disney Treasures/True Life Adventures collections. Are these available in store anywhere or are purchasing options limited to Amazon and the link on the first page? I'd love to run out and buy it today but I can't if it's only available online.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

taei wrote:
unprincess wrote:are these going to be limited? I want to get a few(Id get them all if it was financially feesable) but I dont know if Ill be able to afford them each time they come out as my finances alotted for " non essential stuff" varies.

I don't think they are limited, so you're good.
great! :up:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I would love to see a release of the Song of the South soundtrack. I had the vinyl album when I was a kid.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Gurgi30 wrote:I want to get this collection to go with my Disney Treasures/True Life Adventures collections. Are these available in store anywhere or are purchasing options limited to Amazon and the link on the first page? I'd love to run out and buy it today but I can't if it's only available online.
Perhaps not an answer to your question, but do not forget that you can pre-order the entire collection and get a discounted price of $270 (a 10 percent savings) for all 12 album sets, plus 12 exclusive lithographs featuring art from the albums, and a commemorative portfolio signed by Disney artist Lorelay Bove.
https://d23.com/discounts-legacy-collection/
http://thelegacycollection.myplaydirect.com/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

Prince Edward wrote:
Gurgi30 wrote:I want to get this collection to go with my Disney Treasures/True Life Adventures collections. Are these available in store anywhere or are purchasing options limited to Amazon and the link on the first page? I'd love to run out and buy it today but I can't if it's only available online.
Perhaps not an answer to your question, but do not forget that you can pre-order the entire collection and get a discounted price of $270 (a 10 percent savings) for all 12 album sets, plus 12 exclusive lithographs featuring art from the albums, and a commemorative portfolio signed by Disney artist Lorelay Bove.
https://d23.com/discounts-legacy-collection/
http://thelegacycollection.myplaydirect.com/
While I appreciate the information I ended up grabbing it off of EBay. It should arrive next week.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Sorry if its been posted before, but it's available on Amazon UK ! Yay, I didn't realise it would be !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Legacy-Coll ... KRNKZMQ4NB
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

I bought the malaysian version of this album. It comes with a normal casing. I have some questions. Why do the music score sound different than in the film? Are they the same as the ones on the oscar nominee cd? Even the songs sounded like it had been remastered differently.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Sleeping Beauty cover:

-Brave.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Oh, wow, where'd you find that? I had just checked the main website two days ago to see if they'd put up the next cover and no luck.

I don't like it as much as the MP and TLK covers, but it is the most distinctive shot from the movie (which is looking like the choice for covers). I'm guessing TLM will be Ariel on the rock with the water splashing or perhaps in her grotto looking upwards? I'm actually glad I hadn't got most of the older films' soundtracks because these sets are so much nicer.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Oh, wow, where'd you find that? I had just checked the main website two days ago to see if they'd put up the next cover and no luck.

http://disneymusicemporium.com/

It also comes with "The Lost Chords"!

DISC ONE

1. Main Title / Once Upon a Dream / Prologue
2. Hail to Princess Aurora Performed by Disney Studio Chorus
3. The Gifts of Beauty and Song / Maleficent Appears / True Love Conquers All Performed by Disney Studio Chorus
4. The Burning of the Spinning Wheels / The Fairies Plan
5. Maleficent¹s Frustration
6. A Cottage in the Woods
7. Do You Hear That? / I Wonder Performed by Mary Costa
8. An Unusual Prince / Once Upon a Dream Performed by Mary Costa and Bill Shirley
9. Magical House Cleaning / Blue or Pink
10. A Secret Revealed
11. Skumps (Drinking Song) / The Royal Argument Performed by Bill Thompson and Taylor Holmes
12. Prince Phillip Arrives / How to Tell Stefan
13. Aurora¹s Return / Maleficent¹s Evil Spell
14. Poor Aurora / Sleeping Beauty Performed by Disney Studio Chorus
15. Forbidden Mountain
16. A Fairy Tale Come True
17. Battle with the Forces of Evil
18. Awakening
19. Finale

DISC TWO

The Lost Chords of Sleeping Beauty
1. It Happens I Have a Picture Demo, Performed by Hans Conried and Bill Thompson
2.It Happens I Have a Picture, Performed by Dennis Kyle and Randy Crenshaw
3.Riddle, Diddle, One, Two, Three Demo, Performed by Verna Felton, Barbara Jo Allen and Coleen Collins
4.Riddle, Diddle, One, Two, Three, Performed by Cindy Robinson
5.Evil ¬ Evil Demo, Performed by Hans, Conried and Bill Thompson
6.Evil ¬ Evil, Performed by Kevin Michael Richardson, Randy Crenshaw and Dennis Kyle

Bonus Tracks
7.Sleeping Beauty Overture
8.Blue Bird / I Wonder Album Version, Performed by Mary Costa
9.Woodland Symphony / Once Upon a Dream Album Version, Performed by Mary Costa and Bill Lee
10.Love Theme from Sleeping Beauty

http://www.myplaydirect.com/sleeping-beauty
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

What would "Sleeping Beauty Overture" in the bonus tracks be? The opening overture is part of the first track on the first disc, so what is that? A different recording? A new recording?? I think it's be really cool for them to do new recordings of suites/overtures on each of these releases.