Disney Channel planning Boy Meets World sequel series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Channel planning Boy Meets World sequel series

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Ugh, Girl Meets World still has the stupid, cheesy typical DC over-acting :roll: :roll: :roll:

Saving my opinion until I see the plot
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

Wow, this looks like utter shit. I don't know why I hoped anything on Disney channel would be good. They shouldn't have even bothered. Now the legacy of Boy Meets World is ruined with this garbage. And Cory got a nose job. He looks WTF.
LADY Image CLUCK
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

They're still doing serious topics in Girl Meets World while keeping it appropriate enough for kids. Wonderful!

Michael Jacobs discusses touching on Religion and Mature Topics on Girl Meets World

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/posting.ph ... =1&t=30226
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I assume you're trying to link to the ATX panel? That's nearly a year old now. But yeah, Michael Jacobs said a lot of things during that panel that gave me confidence the show is in good hands.
Lady Cluck wrote:Wow, this looks like utter shit. I don't know why I hoped anything on Disney channel would be good. They shouldn't have even bothered. Now the legacy of Boy Meets World is ruined with this garbage. And Cory got a nose job. He looks WTF.
If your only argument is about a nose job you have no argument. You haven't seen a single episode.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

New promo.
http://youtu.be/Jj7alamE_oc

Less than a week to go for the online premiere.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Anybody else notice the Mr Feeny poster at the nine-second mark?
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Totally missed that. haha

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Here is the theme song, "Take On the World".

http://youtu.be/MDz4a9AlQ94

And here's the summer remix.

http://youtu.be/OuibK0hHzLo
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

The fact that they felt the need to make a summer remix really put me off as to what kind of promo this show is calling for, but the actual song is kind of perfect. I've been really keeping my comments to myself about this show, but why is this automatically a "RAGE IT'S JUST LIKE ALL DISNEY CHANNEL TRASH!" situation? Not so much here, but in most cases when I discuss this show. Don't forget that the original was pretty much like a lot of kiddy sitcoms of the moment at the beginning, complete with 90's kid overacting. My point is, we should really give it a shot, we have a new kind of cheese these days and it's not necessarily better or worse than ours; just different.
moviefan12
Gold Classic Collection

Post by moviefan12 »

Entertainment Weekly has a first look at the opening credits.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/20/girl- ... heme-song/
Favorite Animated Disney films: 1. Dumbo, 2. Tangled, 3. Frozen, 4. Beauty and The Best, 5. The Little Mermaid, 6. Cinderella

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! :dance: I also love the reference to BMW towards the end with Topanga and the paper airplane
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Really good intro. Maybe slightly too fast at times, but really well done.

Less than 24 hours to go. :D

Edit: okay, its up.
http://watchdisneychannel.go.com/girl-m ... eets-world

Not bad. I have some minor nitpicks but I realize its a pilot and those can be kinda rough.
I'm not a fan of Farkle yet. Maybe he'll grow on me but for now I just find him annoying.
I also thought the laugh track was overbearing. But the pilot diddn't have a live studio audience, I imagine the episodes after this one should have more natural laughs as most of them were done in front of an audience.

Its gonna a long month waiting for the next one. In the mean time I'll watch this 50 more times.
moviefan12
Gold Classic Collection

Post by moviefan12 »

The pilot is on Itunes for free, for anyone that doesn't have the watch Disney App.
Favorite Animated Disney films: 1. Dumbo, 2. Tangled, 3. Frozen, 4. Beauty and The Best, 5. The Little Mermaid, 6. Cinderella

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

The tv Premiere is about and little over an hour away.

Ben and Danielle Fishel interviewed by Larry King.
http://hulu.com/w/jsr6

And here's a 23 min interview with Ben.
http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segmen ... 1762000076

Edit: the Second episode is now on Watch Disney Channel. (once again, only for supported cable providers)
http://watchdisneychannel.go.com/girl-m ... eak-attack

quick thoughts on the second episode.

Better pacing than the pilot. Though I have to nitpick that detention scene. It was like they cut out a shot of Cory sitting down, taking a break or something, making it really odd that Lucas randomly interrupts him, with no reaction from Cory. I rewatched that part thinking I missed something.

It had more Topanga which is nice, as she really got the shaft in the pilot (though I understood why, they had a lot to introduce us to). And Farkle seemed toned down. Still got another character jumping on Cory's back though. Is that going to be a recurring joke? We got some vaguely adult references already. I was pleasantly surprised by the nose picking thing wasn't on purpose, I was dreading what that was all about from the previews. Lucas still has no personality which is a bit worrying. But yeah, overall still good. Room for improvement but definitely watchable and funny.

Edit: Here's the Girl Meets World after show with Michael Jacobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biplemWf3dY

Ratings are in. It brought in 5.2 million viewers. 1. 6 million of which were adults. Its also pacing to be most viewed series ever in the WATCH Disney Channel app.

http://bmwsequel.com/2014/06/28/girl-me ... n-viewers/
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I saw the pilot this afternoon on the Disney Channel. SPOILERS AHEAD

I'm not feeling the two mains too much; they feel too much like female versions of Corey/Shawn to me: broken preteen with bad home life + average preteen with perfect home life who wants to be cool like their friend but is just too "nice." That said, I liked the three boy characters (not sure how much role they'll play) and all the adult characters. Farkle reminds me of the neighbor boy from Sister, Sister who had an unrequited crush on the sisters.

I'll have to wait until seeing more, but I'm guessing Feeny is a ghost now who Corey talks to (similar to how Shawn would talk to his father after he passed in the original series every now and again)? I think that would be a very good idea, actually. Also, if the actor were to pass away (assuming this show lasts multiple seasons...), they could have it be dealt with as a hard moment where Corey has to learn to parent on his own without being able to rely on his conscience in the form of ghost Feeny anymore. I'm definitely glad Jackee Harry is in this; that'll probably keep me coming back until the show proves itself more.

I hope Topanga/Fisher gets more material in the next episode.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Topanga has a good bit with their other kid in the second episode. She's still not as integral to the show as Cory, but I'm hoping that changes.

I think the show is fine for Disney Channel fluff so far, but it's not the Boy Meets World that I love yet. Then again, the original wasn't in its first season. I'm okay with Riley and her friend bringing back parallels to Cory and Shawn, since I can already tell that they have a bond, and it's a nice reminder to the original. Farkle is like a hornier Minkus though, which I'm not sure that I want.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Disney's Divinity wrote:but I'm guessing Feeny is a ghost now who Corey talks to (similar to how Shawn would talk to his father after he passed in the original series every now and again)?
The writers confirmed on twitter that Feeny is not dead.
He's not there in the flesh of course, but the option is still there should they decide to do that later. They probably will want a decent reason to bring him to New York, or cory back home.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I hope Topanga/Fisher gets more material in the next episode.
Episode 5 is supposed to be one of her focus episodes, that's where that flashback in the theme song comes from. I wouldn't expect as much Topanga as cory in girl meets world in general though. We have more Cory because the show is spun off of his show, it was only natural to have him as an important figure in girl. They know Topanga is a fan favorite though, so we'll still get episodes like the second and fith one.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

I just watch it on demand, and I've got to admit, that was not a bad show. I don't love it, but it's very good. I knew this will be a normal tween or family sitcom. The audience applauded when Ben Savage and Danielle Fisher made their appearance as Riley's parents. I think all the cast did a great job. Much better acting than Shake It Up. It really has a good moral to it and I hope they keep it that way through out the show. I might not watch it that much, but I think it's going to be a decent show. Good Job, Disney Channel. :up: