"Black Friday 2013" Discussion...........

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

"Black Friday 2013" Discussion...........

Post by dvdjunkie »

Don't know how many of you will be heading out to your favorite stores to participate in the Black Friday shopping experience. I have vowed not to do it, but then I found out what Wal-Mart is doing with their Blu-ray and DVD movie titles. Since the have eight stores here in Wichita, I will be paying them all a visit to pick up some Blu-ray titles at 'ridiculous' prices that I missed buying when they first came out. I have a shopping list in hand, and know what I am looking for, but I can be easily swayed by a great title and a great price.

Also have some special people on my shopping list that I will be looking for titles for them. Should be lots of fun.

How are you spending Black Friday 2013 this year?
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: "Black Friday 2013" Discussion...........

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Like always. At Home. I'm not against Black Friday and possibly Next Year I might participate when I finally get my license into the middle section of 2014. Also I'm broke right now anyway. Another big factor of me not going is we Aspie's (slang term for people with Asperger Syndrome, a High Functioning Type of Autsim) don't do well in crowds all the time. Also we can get over stimulated. However I'm pretty sure I could handle it given I'm in control more with that part of my Asperger's. however I would never camp out to be number 1 in line and up at 5 A.M or at least from what I can tell for the foreseeable future.

However Monday is payday, so Cyber Monday will await me.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I go to work as usual. Don't go shopping on BF. Never have. Never will. I do 95% of my shopping on line. My Christmas shoppping has been done for weeks. Just need to get the boyfriend some stocking stuffers.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I've worked retail on Black Friday in the past, so I've never been enormously enthused about shopping during it. :lol: But Rey asked me if I wanted to hit Best Buy, so we headed out about 6:30 this morning. It seems that Thanksgiving is the new Black Friday with the main doorbusters, so today actually felt like a regular shopping day.

We didn't buy a thing at Best Buy, but we picked up a gift for some of the family next door at Bed Bath & Beyond. We then headed to Walmart where we got breakfast (McDonald's) and picked up some nice Disney storybooks for the baby (normally $16, only $5 each). I know it's a little soon, but best to be prepared, right? ;) We were surprised there were a lot of cashiers standing around with no lines! We also hit a Big Lots, getting more family gifts. After that we hit Sam's Club and another Walmart, where I picked up some Blu-ray DVD combo packs (ahem, for myself). :D At Sam's Club we got Epic, The Croods, and Turbo for only $8.96 each (they were all marked the normal price of $24+ but rang up as the sale price only given in the flyer). And at the other Walmart I got Rise of the Guardians for $9.96. Some of these sales are downright sneaky! :lol:

I've been wanting both The Croods and Rise of the Guardians for a while but didn't want to spend the money. And the other two are blind buys so I'm hoping I'll enjoy them. :) It was totally worth venturing out today! Like I said, it felt more like a regular shopping day than any crazy Black Friday; no crowds, no lines, no angry customers. 8)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I went to Wal-Mart around 3pm to buy some food staples, and I didn't have much money for movies or anything. However I did get the movie Parkland for $5 because my dad is into the history of JFK.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Last night around 8:30 a few friends and myself went to see Frozen, we went past a Best Buy and I was shocked the whole parking lot was still full. Even at the theater took us a while just to find a parking place. Must have been a ton of great sales.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~