Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by disneyprincess11 »

BTW:

NEW LET IT GO FOOTAGE (Including Elsa's transformation)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4tGddRblok[/youtube]
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

Wow, love Martina Stoessel's dress (and Elsa lipstick shade!).

Lots of new shots, too. I love where we see a not-yet-alive Olaf break in half as ice travels up the room's walls. Thats right after Little Elsa hits Anna by mistake.
FlyingPiggy
Limited Issue

Post by FlyingPiggy »

disneyprincess11 wrote:BTW:

I like the song so much more in spanish.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

FlyingPiggy wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:BTW:

I like the song so much more in spanish.
Not to mention that the Spanish lyrics are good, too.

I liked the video.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Another RAVE review from Crave Online:

http://www.craveonline.com/film/reviews ... iew-frozen
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Martina Stoessel's version is great! I also love Demi Lovato's version.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

I hope the positive buzz/reviews can alleviate Disney's horrid marketing campaign.
LADY Image CLUCK
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

Lady Cluck wrote:I hope the positive buzz/reviews can alleviate Disney's horrid marketing campaign.
What is bad about Disney's marketing campaign this time? I don't know, I haven't been watching TV as much as I did for Tangled and Wreck it Ralph and PATF. But with the Elsa trailer and the TV spots I've seen, it looks like they are actually treating this movie like the classic it is, and using more "mature" marketing than they did for Tangled. Love the TV spots showing Elsa's magic and using Demi's beautiful cover. The marketing for Tangled sold it as if it was a very different kind of movie (more action, adventure, shrek-like humor). if I remember correctly, this marketing was seen by many as the fault for it doing less than spectacular in theaters.

I also think all those early screenings are great marketing. I mean it may not be much in the scheme of things, but it does get people talking. Before they start the movie they have a picture of all the characters that says to tell your friends about it. And by the sound of the laughter, applause, and thanks given to the people running the screening, they will.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Alphapanchito wrote:
Lady Cluck wrote:I hope the positive buzz/reviews can alleviate Disney's horrid marketing campaign.
What is bad about Disney's marketing campaign this time? I don't know, I haven't been watching TV as much as I did for Tangled and Wreck it Ralph and PATF. But with the Elsa trailer and the TV spots I've seen, it looks like they are actually treating this movie like the classic it is, and using more "mature" marketing than they did for Tangled. Love the TV spots showing Elsa's magic and using Demi's beautiful cover. The marketing for Tangled sold it as if it was a very different kind of movie (more action, adventure, shrek-like humor). if I remember correctly, this marketing was seen by many as the fault for it doing less than spectacular in theaters.

I also think all those early screenings are great marketing. I mean it may not be much in the scheme of things, but it does get people talking. Before they start the movie they have a picture of all the characters that says to tell your friends about it. And by the sound of the laughter, applause, and thanks given to the people running the screening, they will.
I love the fact that Disney is doing early screenings for critics because it shows the confidence they have for Frozen. By the way, I have heard that the finale music is DYWTBAS with a "aaahh" choir, isn't that similar to Pocahontas' finale?
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

^ Yeah I was thinking about the music. I personally don't remember hearing DYWTBAS but it makes sense and i heard several accounts of that, so i'm sure its true. But I do remember that there was definitely a form of the Eatnemen Vuelie, which makes sense because we already knew it ended with the Vuelie Reprise.. Can't comment on the Pocahontas part. Haven't seen it in a while, and I'm pretty bad at remembering scores. I know it feels like a good fit though.

EDIT: I just listened to the epilogue preview on itunes and it seemed to be mostly for the first time in forever scoring. When the gates are opened and such. Maybe later at the very end when anna and elsa are skating together, DYWTBAS comes on? That would make sense. And the Vuelie Reprise is before that, just when you see the winter thawing.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Alphapanchito wrote:^ Yeah I was thinking about the music. I personally don't remember hearing DYWTBAS but it makes sense and i heard several accounts of that, so i'm sure its true. But I do remember that there was definitely a form of the Eatnemen Vuelie, which makes sense because we already knew it ended with the Vuelie Reprise.. Can't comment on the Pocahontas part. Haven't seen it in a while, and I'm pretty bad at remembering scores. I know it feels like a good fit though.

EDIT: I just listened to the epilogue preview on itunes and it seemed to be mostly for the first time in forever scoring. When the gates are opened and such. Maybe later at the very end when anna and elsa are skating together, DYWTBAS comes on? That would make sense. And the Vuelie Reprise is before that, just when you see the winter thawing.
Hmm, that would make sense in context with the movie. Can't wait for it, 9 days left! :D :D :D :D
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Musical Master wrote: I love the fact that Disney is doing early screenings for critics because it shows the confidence they have for Frozen. By the way, I have heard that the finale music is DYWTBAS with a "aaahh" choir, isn't that similar to Pocahontas' finale?

Where did you hear it?
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

taei wrote:
Musical Master wrote: I love the fact that Disney is doing early screenings for critics because it shows the confidence they have for Frozen. By the way, I have heard that the finale music is DYWTBAS with a "aaahh" choir, isn't that similar to Pocahontas' finale?

Where did you hear it?
A person on IMDB who has seen an early screening.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I just finished reading a hilarious story on Tumblr about a woman buying and hauling home a Olaf plush the size of an adult polar bear. rotfl
Link: Must read with photos!
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

Musical Master wrote:
Alphapanchito wrote: What is bad about Disney's marketing campaign this time? I don't know, I haven't been watching TV as much as I did for Tangled and Wreck it Ralph and PATF. But with the Elsa trailer and the TV spots I've seen, it looks like they are actually treating this movie like the classic it is, and using more "mature" marketing than they did for Tangled. Love the TV spots showing Elsa's magic and using Demi's beautiful cover. The marketing for Tangled sold it as if it was a very different kind of movie (more action, adventure, shrek-like humor). if I remember correctly, this marketing was seen by many as the fault for it doing less than spectacular in theaters.

I love the fact that Disney is doing early screenings for critics because it shows the confidence they have for Frozen. By the way, I have heard that the finale music is DYWTBAS with a "aaahh" choir, isn't that similar to Pocahontas' finale?
Oh please Musical Master don't aim too high. Nothing can compare that pinacle of heaven that is Pocahontas Finale ! I saw the movie and the DYWTBAS instrumental at the end , believe me or not , is not chilling nor moving. It's just nice but you don't even notice it. You just look at Elsa skating with people. It's not moving at all. Even Down in New Orleans finale with the dancing heroes and the shot of the two stars was much better... :(
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

^You know, that's actually better than Tangled's finale music which didn't attempt to tie in with any of the songs. Honestly I'm glad they didn't go for the typical Disney chior on this one, as long as there was an insturmental reprise of one of the songs, I'm still happy regardless. :D :D
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

I honestly thought that last shot was beautifully moving. No, it wasn't earth shattering or grand, but we see Elsa and Anna finally free and ice skating together. We see Elsa share her powers with her kingdom, and isn't seen as a monster like she's been afraid of.. They don't play it up like the stars aligned and everything is beautiful And I was fine with that, because the point is they can finally live a ~normal~ open life, together. there is nothing earth shattering about that. its just good. its just happy. But yeah, it isn't a grand ending like pocahontas.

Also, here are the official spanish dub clips of:
The Party is Over
No Heat Experience
Wolves
Cliff Scene
Last edited by Alphapanchito on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Alphapanchito wrote:I honestly thought that last shot was beautifully moving. No, it wasn't earth shattering or grand, but we see Elsa and Anna finally free and ice skating together. We see Elsa share her powers with her kingdom, and isn't seen as a monster like she's been afraid of.. They don't play it up like the stars aligned and everything is beautiful And I was fine with that, because the point is they can finally live a ~normal~ open life, together. there is nothing earth shattering about that. its just good. its just happy. But yeah, it isn't a grand ending like pocahontas.

Also, here is the official spanish dub clip of The Party is Over

You can find the other clips on the recommended videos on the side.
Exactly. :)
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

I wonder why Disney isn't selling merchandise of the trolls. There has been nothing at all! Nothing from Disney Store and nothing from Mattel.. interesting..
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

OMG ! Why is the spanish video so much more elaborated and beautiful than Demi's one ???
Anyway, here is our french red-haired Elsa ( but i think it has been posted before… )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GBP6uUufjk

La Reine des Neiges is released tomorrow in Paris ! We're so lucky. I want to see it a second time, in french language that time…

As for Christophe Beck, he is a musical master ! Those previews on itunes are gorgeous ! You can hear :

- mystic harpsichord in THE TROLLS
- wonderful and chilling scandinavian sheperd voices and flutes in ELSA & ANNA, THE TROLLS, SUMMIT SIEGE, WHITEOUT
- delicious middle age horns in the highlight that is ROYAL PURSUIT
- a haunting and recurring main pattern, moaning, sad and creepy ( Elsa's theme ?) in SORCERY, TREASON, SUMMIT SIEGE, QUEEN ELSA OF ARENDELLE, at the end of ELSA & ANNA, …

I would kill for that score. Tangled soundtrack had already leaked at the same time. They should release it sooner, so people could really get used to it. I am a big fan of soundtracks. I love when Broughton, Mancina, Zimmer, Newton Howard and so work for Disney and write REAL cinema music for Disney movies. Christophe Beck makes me want to give Frozen a second chance and appreciate it a little more. Anyway, during the first screening we had in Paris, i was not able to appreciate the music, that's why i prefer getting used to it BEFORE.