Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Announced at D23 Expo Japan!
http://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-H ... Japan-3313
A little over a year ago, Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- was announced for the Playstation 3. The high definition remaster contained Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, the enhanced version of the original that had been released on the Playstation 2 back in 2002; Re:Chain of Memories, first released on the Gameboy Advanced in 2004 and fully remade with 3D graphics in 2007 for the Playstation 2; and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, first released back in 2009 for the Nintendo DS, which has now been remade into nearly 3 hours of cinematic cutscenes.

Upon its initial release on March 14th 2013 in Japan, and then later on September 10th 2013 in North America, the collection has recieved critical acclaim among fans and critics alike. The game was a massive success in Japan, having sold roughly 130,000 units within the first week alone, and it was the number 2 best seller in Europe at its launch on September 13th 2013. While had remained unclear about a remaster for the rest of the games in the Kingdom Hearts series, Tetsuya Nomura said in an interview not long after -HD 1.5 ReMIX- was announced in Japan that "it would be pretty unnatural" for there not to be a Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-.

This claim went further with the release of Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- in Japan, the credits featuring a big hint into the future of the ReMIX's. Selecting the credits option on the main menu for -HD 1.5 ReMIX- would show the credits for the remaster collection...as well as scenes from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9xOg4PDJnI[/youtube]

After hearing Shinji Hashimoto tease the idea of a second HD remaster, it has been officially announced today at D23 Expo Japan that Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will be releasing worldwide in 2014 on the Playstation 3!
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix Announced at D23 Japan

Post by bruno_wbt »

Great news!!! I can't wait to have that!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Khinsider Has some screenshots and what the logo will look like

Here's the link below

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Official- ... shots-3445

Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Awesome! Amazing news, just wonderful. I LOVE this series and the universe of Kingdom Hearts.

Now, Square Enix only have to release Dream Drop Distance in a HD version for PlayStation, and eventually release all the KH games as a HD download/physical collection on PS4. And, you know, actually MAKE Kingdom Hearts III;D

I hope this release will get an art book just as KH HD 1.5 ReMIX.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Holy crap, that was awesome.

I think it might come out next summer
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

HarryCanyon wrote:Holy crap, that was awesome.

I think it might come out next summer
The Press release does say worldwide in 2014 so it's quite possible

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Glad it's confirmed. I thought it was a sure thing until that article came out with someone from SE saying it would depend on how successful 1.5 was...

I only wish 3D was in there. :( I want to play that on the main console so badly. Of course, I agree with the theory that they're planning a 3.5 ReMIX some time after KH3 is released, which would naturally include 3D (and, assumedly, another game--possibly BbS Volume 2? Who knows.)

Tbh, not as excited about this as I was 1.5 (or even the FFX/X-2 HD re-release). Yes, the Final Mix will fix the difficulty issues with KH2, but doesn't add much else besides letting you play Birth by Sleep on a main console. I will probably get more out of BbS that way (I don't really put much dedication into hand-held games, tbh), but it was kind of a stiff/dull game, overall. I like Coded, even without all the repetition of past Disney worlds, so there's that, I guess. I'm getting this for sure, don't get me wrong, but I'd probably be more excited if Dream Drop Distance was in there.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

It's avialbe for Pre-Order on Amazon. Note that it's a placeholder price and date.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

Also yeah I'm looking forward to playing Birth By Sleep on a main console also

HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Same here, Birth by sleep should be good
Disney's Divinity

The trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix has been released (with a Kingdom Hearts III tease at the end):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzPLvoXTSg[/youtube]

The game will be released in the U.S. on December 2nd, 2014.

I'm definitely more excited for this game now than the 1.5 Remix, even though I wasn't at first (not because I prefer the games here, but because there's more "new" for me here). Getting to play Birth by Sleep on a main console rather than a handheld = worth the price of admission alone. Plus, I personally enjoyed re:Coded, so looking forward to the film version. And I've heard Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is a much improved version of KH2, and that game needs all the help it can get.

What's sad is that we are only 1 year from it having been a decade since Kingdom Hearts 2... That's especially sad when you consider the gap between KH and KH2 was nowhere near as long, and this was when Squaresoft had had no idea if there would even be a sequel because the idea of one was dependent on the first game's success. I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 is on the PS4, so we'll have officially jumped two consoles since the last one... It's a good thing KH2 killed my enthusiasm for the series for a while, otherwise this break would have been excruciating. I still have memories of the time after the first game, when I was obsessed.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 is on the PS4, so we'll have officially jumped two consoles since the last one...
It's been announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be on the PS4 and XBOX One and not on the PS3

rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I wish it was coming out sooner (like around the same time as the I.5 mix) but still, better than next year! I actually bought my PS2 solely for the Kingdom Hearts games (and a couple others, but the amount of times I've played through both of them more than made the system worth it). Then I ended up buying a PS3 for the HD I.5 mix lol... I ended up having a little extra spending money and PS3s were down to $199 and I knew I'd play the game a lot. I put a LOT of hope that a II.5 mix would come out to really justify the purchase and I'm so glad they announced it shortly after I did lol. And of course I'll be getting a PS4 for Kingdom Hearts III (and probably a lot of other games this time around since I won't be touching Xbox One :lol: ) so I can't wait till that comes out.

But the II.5 mix is especially exciting because I never played Birth By Sleep (358/2 Days was so bad that it completely turned me off from handheld Kingdom Hearts games and I could NOT justify buying a PSP for that) or Coded (again, no more handheld KH games for me lol) so those will be fresh and awesome for me.

Now if they could just release an HD Dream Drop Distance (either as a standalone PS3 / PS4 title; I'd gladly pay $25-30 for it) or even include it in Kingdom Hearts III, that would be amazing. I'd hate to miss out on one piece of the story before III comes out.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Disney's Divinity

rexcrk wrote: And of course I'll be getting a PS4 for Kingdom Hearts III (and probably a lot of other games this time around since I won't be touching Xbox One :lol: ) so I can't wait till that comes out.
Same. I have a lot of game systems now because of Kingdom Hearts, but I don't really regret it because I can get most any game I have an interest in now. :lol: I definitely have fewer games for the PS3 than the PS2 though, but at least you can play PS1 games on it, too. I'll definitely be buying PS4; would never touch an XBox.

I get you on 358/2 Days. That game was a chore and I never replay it. The story is okay, but not for a game. Even the first playthrough, I had to will myself through the game. I've never been a Roxas or Axel fan anyway. Most of my favorite Organization members are from Chain of Memories, and they have very little involvement in Days.
Now if they could just release an HD Dream Drop Distance (either as a standalone PS3 / PS4 title; I'd gladly pay $25-30 for it) or even include it in Kingdom Hearts III, that would be amazing. I'd hate to miss out on one piece of the story before III comes out.
I so agree. I know not everyone feels the same way I do, but I love Dream Drop Distance and would love to be able to play it on a main console. My favorite KH game after the original.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
rexcrk wrote: And of course I'll be getting a PS4 for Kingdom Hearts III (and probably a lot of other games this time around since I won't be touching Xbox One :lol: ) so I can't wait till that comes out.
Same. I have a lot of game systems now because of Kingdom Hearts, but I don't really regret it because I can get most any game I have an interest in now. :lol: I definitely have fewer games for the PS3 than the PS2 though, but at least you can play PS1 games on it, too. I'll definitely be buying PS4; would never touch an XBox.

I get you on 358/2 Days. That game was a chore and I never replay it. The story is okay, but not for a game. Even the first playthrough, I had to will myself through the game. I've never been a Roxas or Axel fan anyway. Most of my favorite Organization members are from Chain of Memories, and they have very little involvement in Days.
That's exactly what I've said about Days too; it's an absolute chore to play through, I've only done it once and had no desire to do so again. I did love the story though and I'm so glad they put the cutscenes on the I.5 mix, watching it all as one "movie" was really satisfying.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Days really was more of a "pick up and play" game than the others. Meant to be enjoyed in smaller increments.

I'm really looking forward to the new battle scenes in Coded, plus the bit of new story mentioned earlier.

Co-Director, Tai Yasue said that Birth By Sleep will not have Multiplayer, but the enemy stats have been tweaked and optimized for Single Player. There will also be new challenges added to each match.

And finally, the trailer hints that something regarding DDD is coming in addition to KH3.
Disney's Divinity

The cover art for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX can be seen here at the KHInsider forum.

I like it a lot more than 1.5's cover. I love all the different keyblades
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

A shame that America and Europe only get's a pin in the "collector's edition", while Japan will get several releases with all kinds of collector's stuff and different cover art.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

A collector's edition is available through Sqaure Enix's website. Quantities are limited so order now. Also you are pre-purchasing rather than preording it. It's about $110 with shipping. Once these are sold out they are gone. It contains both Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 in a steelbook case

https://khce.na.square-enix.com/

Here's an Unboxing of the set.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--tt2sljN4[/youtube]

MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I am so excited for this. I play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 every year or so. I still think they hold up really well. Fun games and I love exploring the Disney Worlds. That being said, I have to be honest, not so thrilled about playing through Twilight Town again.
I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts three. Only then will I get a Playstation 4. The small game play I've seen of it looks incredible.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Short manga of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX:
http://www.kingdomhearts.com/manga/

Soundtrack set to KH 1.5 & KH 2.5 released (available as 3 different sets at www.amazon.jp and as one set through the Square Enix online store in America and Europe):
https://www.facebook.com/KingdomHearts