Frozen: Part IV

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
taei
Special Edition

Re: Frozen: Part IV

Post by taei »

You know I'm just gonna say it...

This is THE Disney forum and this Frozen thread is the one with all the news and all the hardcore fans. If you still find it weird that people are obsessed with every new small information, then maybe this isn't the right place for you.

I understand when it comes to spoilers, because even I want to be surprised. But I just don't think that its weird or strange for people to get crazy over a small piece of information, especially given how tight the lid is on this movie.

I don't mean this an insult, but I just don't want anyone to feel bad in this forum just cause they're passionate about something. :)
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

True, but there is passion then there is just plain hysteria....
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:True, but there is passion then there is just plain hysteria....
Yeah, but some people are just more excited. I mean, I listen to the video and i didn't understand much and I just left it there.
-Brave.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:Are we seriously trying to decipher the lyrics from that video? Are we that desperate? :lol:
:wave:

Welcome to UD. rotfl
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote::lol: Are you referring to my quick notice of the key change?I don't think I'm being too analytical.I just think there's not much to this in terms of accuracy.But yeah.We are reading too much.
That's exactly my point! OF COURSE THERE ISN'T! It's like a four year old girl! How in your right mind are you looking for accuracy from a four year old girl?

I seriously feel like I've gone crazy reading this past page.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

SWillie! wrote:
Candy-Bonita95 wrote::lol: Are you referring to my quick notice of the key change?I don't think I'm being too analytical.I just think there's not much to this in terms of accuracy.But yeah.We are reading too much.
That's exactly my point! OF COURSE THERE ISN'T! It's like a four year old girl! How in your right mind are you looking for accuracy from a four year old girl?

I seriously feel like I've gone crazy reading this past page.
If it makes you feel better, I wasn't trying to make fun of her. I was trying to listen to her, but it isn't our fault that we couldn't understand her. And people on Tumblr are worse btw
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

disneyprincess11 wrote:If it makes you feel better, I wasn't trying to make fun of her. I was trying to listen to her, but it isn't our fault that we couldn't understand her. And people on Tumblr are worse btw
Trust me, I know. And that's what worries me. UD used to be full of great, intelligent, significant conversations (it's what drew me to this place) - and it seems like lately there've been more and more people here with that "fandom" mindset that just kind of lose their minds about every little thing.

I mean, come on. A normal reaction to that video might be "aww haha so cute!" or "well I guess we'll have to make do with this until the real thing!" or "a star in the making for sure!"

But instead, we get "LOOK! A new source of information. Quick, someone get down the lyrics! I assume this four year old girl is singing all the words correctly, in order and completely coherently, not at all like a real life little girl. I'm worried though, it seems she's in the wrong key. Keys are after all a very simple musical concept, you'd think a tiny little girl could at least get that part right! Can someone email her and ask her to finish the rest of song, along with any info about her impressions about Idina's performance??"

:roll:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

No offense, but while we're venting, I'd like to add that I'm getting a bit tired of the term 'over on Tumblr' :P

I honestly couldn't care about the fan art and fan fiction they come up with. It's all ridiculous. Okay now back to analyzing a 4 year old. :milkbuds:
phan258
Gold Classic Collection

Post by phan258 »

I'm also tired of hearing tumblr mentioned all the time, mostly because it's in a snide way. What is the collective issue with tumblr here? You're happy enough to scoop the site for new info, but oh no they're all nuts. -stares at scary levels of intensity directed at a singing child above-

We're all fans, ffs. Time to climb off that high horse.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I'd like to inform the unenlightened amongst you that useful information can indeed be extracted from that girl's singing. With my superior musical knowledge, and judging by that girl's performance, I can confirm that Let It Go is set in the key of F sharp major, and makes no less than seven modulations before ending on a perfect cadence. The song appears to fit snugly in the bubblegum pop category. :twisted:
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

Jules, you made me lmfao. rotfl

Chelsea' s interpretation is in the key of E flat Major but ends on a minor modulation.

I am actually wondering why are we putting so much effort for this little girl's singing when we have the Rotoscoper's sample?When that came out,people we like "Let's wait for the final version." With this we are like," OMG!Can anyone interpret the lyrics?" :lol:
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

I hate to derail from the main topic, but if I may add something:

In my case at least, speculation is done in jest as opposed to being an obsessive action. Am I dying to know the lyrics to what the little girl is singing? Of course not. But it's fun to try deciphering her words because it's fun trying to understand what little kids are saying.

I think most speculation is done in good humor as opposed to being a means to spoil a movie/book/ tv show, etc. If this type of behavior is obsessive, I'll personally seek mental help. But if it just annoys someone else, as long as no one gets hurt, there's nothing wrong with it. Guess what: there will be people in life who will annoy or frustrate you for all sorts of things. My method is to just let them be.

D23 will be here soon, and trust me, lots of speculation will be coming with it. Not just here, but all over the internet. Yes, some will be more exuberant than others, but if it makes them happy, who are we to judge?

I don't intend to make enemies here. I'm glad that if something is clearly wrong, people can speak up. On this issue, however, it seems to be a matter of personal distaste as opposed to wrong doing.

Now that I got that off my chest, I want to go back on the topic of Frozen.

For example, are the Frozen dolls from the previous page going to be sold at the D23 Expo as a limited edition of some-sort? I know there will be some Disney Fairytale Designer limited editions, such as this Snow White.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

phan258 wrote:I'm also tired of hearing tumblr mentioned all the time, mostly because it's in a snide way. What is the collective issue with tumblr here? You're happy enough to scoop the site for new info, but oh no they're all nuts.
I agree. Such a perceptions can be insulting especially since a lot of members here have a Tumblr blog. Tumblr is not a homogenised whole anyway nor is the Disney fanbase for that matter. Are there people, attitudes, views, reactions etc that annoy me on Tumblr and online in general? Of course. But it's very easy to ignore and avoid those things. It seems that some people feel the need to impose on everyone else their views and silence anyone who believes and behaves differently, even when it's about something as inconsequential as an online fandom.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

Well, it was my fault then. I posted that video and asked for the lyrics.
Sorry if anyone is upset with that, It can be deleted if you want, but anyway, there's no need to have this huge argument.
I think one of the best parts of the waiting for the new Disney films we all here are longing to see, is to search and find any info on the internet, sometimes is important info, and sometimes are silly things like that video. I thought we were here for that, but it's a stupid post, OK, it is, sorry again.
Some people is carrying the wait for the film worse than other ones, end of the story.
phan258
Gold Classic Collection

Post by phan258 »

RodryCroft, I'm sorry if anything I said made you feel that way. My issue was/is with the unfair treatment of tumblr fans & how ridiculous it is to call them crazy while the same things happening there go on here too (sort of lol).

Also I had meant to bring this up before (speculation): in one of the storybook pages it was mentioned that the trolls would heal Anna but also make her forget Elsa's powers, right? But in the translations of the French/japanese trailers Anna says "this is my sister's magic." So can we assume she re-learns about Elsa's powers when the whole kingdom does, and maybe starts having little flashbacks like Rapunzel did? I also was curious about the childhood injury thing, since in the illustration Anna is curled up & clutching her stomach like she's shivering. Did it say for sure she was hit in the head? I know there's speculation that's where the hair stripe comes from.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sotiris wrote:
phan258 wrote:I'm also tired of hearing tumblr mentioned all the time, mostly because it's in a snide way. What is the collective issue with tumblr here? You're happy enough to scoop the site for new info, but oh no they're all nuts.
I agree. Such a perceptions can be insulting especially since a lot of members here have a Tumblr blog. Tumblr is not a homogenised whole anyway nor is the Disney fanbase for that matter. Are there people, attitudes, views, reactions etc that annoy me on Tumblr and online in general? Of course. But it's very easy to ignore and avoid those things. It seems that some people feel the need to impose on everyone else their views and silence anyone who believes and behaves differently, even when it's about something as inconsequential as an online fandom.
You're absolutely right about tumblr not being homogenized whole. There are some amazing blogs out there, and I follow many of them. That said though, you can't deny that tumblr does seem to be the outlet that attracts the extremely enthusiastic crowd, and that's why whenever I'm talking about it I refer to the "fandom mindset" that tumblr often creates.

But I digress. Didn't mean to offend any tumblrs on here. I just felt that judging a four year old on the quality of her singing was pushing it a bit too far for me. Surely it seems we all agree on that at least?

Sotiris, you're allowed to call me out by name rather than call me "some people". You're making me feel like the bad guy or something. :wink:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

SWillie! wrote:You're absolutely right about tumblr not being homogenized whole. There are some amazing blogs out there, and I follow many of them. That said though, you can't deny that tumblr does seem to be the outlet that attracts the extremely enthusiastic crowd, and that's why whenever I'm talking about it I refer to the "fandom mindset" that tumblr often creates.
I am in complete agreement.

As for Frozen, I've never seen this type of desperation among Disney fans. Though I admit, to a certain degree, I am part of it. The reaction to the little girl singing just turned it all into something hilarious. :P
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

let's face a fact : what she sings is the opposite of music. I can't even recognize a proper melody. It's like a baby singing whatever pass through its mind. How can someone even appreciate it ? it's out of tune, soundind like a dying cat, and let's pray it's nothing like the Idina and the real song. It's just a kid babbling and playing in front of a camera.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Warm Regards wrote: For example, are the Frozen dolls from the previous page going to be sold at the D23 Expo as a limited edition of some-sort? I know there will be some Disney Fairytale Designer limited editions, such as this Snow White.
I read somewhere that the Frozen dolls were going to be sold as a set.
-Brave.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Edthehyena wrote:let's face a fact : what she sings is the opposite of music. I can't even recognize a proper melody. It's like a baby singing whatever pass through its mind. How can someone even appreciate it ? it's out of tune, soundind like a dying cat, and let's pray it's nothing like the Idina and the real song. It's just a kid babbling and playing in front of a camera.
If you expect musical superiority from a pre-schooler, I can't imagine what you expect from Robert Lopez.

I mean, seriously? Everyone's on pins and needles about Frozen, and the lack of intelligible lyrics from the video may have been disappointing, but why insult a child?