An American Tail on Blu-ray

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

An American Tail on Blu-ray

Post by DisneyJedi »

... Yeah. Since Don is releasing his other films (All Dogs Go to Heaven, Anastasia and The Secret of NIMH; ADGTH2 doesn't count since Don didn't have a part in it), I'd love to see An American Tail released on Blu-ray, since it's my most favorite Don Bluth movie. :)
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I will most definitely second this idea. "An American Tail" would be beautiful on Blu, as would "Feivel Goes West". Bring it on!!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

dvdjunkie wrote:I will most definitely second this idea. "An American Tail" would be beautiful on Blu, as would "Feivel Goes West". Bring it on!!!
I thirdly agree to this idea and Feivel Goes West to be on Blu - Ray as well...
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

"Feivel goes Blu" is what they're gonna be sayin' when the movies are eventually announced.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Spielberg and Universal like to sit on the popular titles they co-own. I dream that one day he may release Jaws, E.T. Jurassic Park, An American Tail, The Land Before Time or any of the Amblimation films, but I'm not seeing that light at the end of the tunnel.
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

jpanimation wrote:Spielberg and Universal like to sit on the popular titles they co-own. I dream that one day he may release Jaws, E.T. Jurassic Park, An American Tail, The Land Before Time or any of the Amblimation films, but I'm not seeing that light at the end of the tunnel.
It's not really like that. Spielberg wants to approve every Blu-ray they release of his movies, and he's finishing two different movies. I'm sure his attention is elsewhere, right now :D.
Spottedfeather
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spottedfeather »

If it comes out to blu-ray, and I really hope it does, I hope that they put the correct theatrical aspect ratio. I know that it's in all probability some sort of open matte, but with a widescreen tv and a blu-ray player on my laptop, I'd really like to see it in widescreen. It's been 20 some years since I saw it on the big screen when I was little.
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Watching An American Tail on Cinemax HD (West) and I have to say it looks great. Just needs a little touching up here and there (remove specks and grain) for the future Blu-ray- IF it ever happens- and it'll look fantastic! :)
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

You shouldn't really remove grain when transferring to Blu-Ray
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

yamiiguy wrote:You shouldn't really remove grain when transferring to Blu-Ray
Why? :?
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

DisneyJedi wrote:
yamiiguy wrote:You shouldn't really remove grain when transferring to Blu-Ray
Why? :?
Do some research on DNR. Film purists (rightfully) go crazy when it's used in excess as it can tend to take away fine detail. Also research the overuse of DNR on the Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-ray as that was a release that had a lot of uproar
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

I think DNR, if used liberally, is acceptable but there's always the risk of overdoing it so it's best not done at all. Although, one should make the distinction between film grain and noise. Noise should be reduced but it probably wouldn't be there at all with a proper restoration. Film grain most definitely shouldn't.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I can never decide whether I like a filmic, grainy image or a slick-looking antiseptic picture when viewing films.

I like both.
JJW199

An American Tail & An American Tail: Fievel Goes West HD

Post by JJW199 »

I hopefully they do make it into Blu-Ray + DVD Combo (This feel random/silly to say, but may they re-released it as Blu-Ray + DVD Combo (An American Tail HD Edition and An American Tail: Fievel Goes West HD Extended Edition "Uncut")

"the 1st movie leave were it is, it is perfect were it is (only thing needed to add is all the Lagrange inducing Japanese with English Subtitle), however the 2nd movie ...hmm... well even I watch it a lot but something is missing, something that feel unfinished/incomplete" Now I know 75 minutes not long enough (it should be around 90 - 100 minutes), the villains should have more air time, needed addition footage/deleted scene (hopefully an uncut version) plus Fievel's American Tails -Complete Series- should be included as a Special Features with all Lagrange inducing Japanese with English Subtitle (apply for An American Tail 1, 2, 3, 4 & Fievel's American Tails), prologue & epilogue of the film (Only for An American Tails: Fievel Goes West), more air time with Fievel & Tiger and addition ending + Complete Series of Fievel's American Tails (with all Lagrange inducing Japanese with English Subtitle)"

"Yet not forget the following song that is very emotional: "Dreams to Dream (Tanya's Version) and "The Girl You Left Behind" - Cathy Cavadini, Somewhere, Out There movie or end credits/full version (Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram & Dreams of Dream Finale Version (Linda Ronstadt)"

"If only we can tell Universal & Amblin Entertainment/Amblimation (DreamWorks Animation SKG) for the approval/feedback" :3 (let me about your comment)"
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Re: An American Tail on Blu-ray?

Post by DisneyJedi »

But does an uncut version of Fievel Goes West even exist?
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Just so you know, Cliff on the Blu-ray.com forums said that animated films on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory are not out of the question. ;)
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Guys? Looks like we got a confirmation.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12858

And it comes out two days before my birthday! :)
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Great! :) Now let's hope it'll be a region free disc, for those of us who live outside the States.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Jules wrote:Great! :) Now let's hope it'll be a region free disc, for those of us who live outside the States.
I would have thought that Fievel goes West would be released at the same time as this.

Also looking on Amazon, someone is selling the VHS for $40. I hope there's no one somewhere out there dumb enough to actually buy this :|

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 39&sr=1-20
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: An American Tail on Blu-ray (March 04, 2014)

Post by Sotiris »

They're recycling the cover art for the Blu-ray. Disappointing but not surprising.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage