The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Willow is a Disney flick now. Should've came with points! :wink:
cityguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cityguy »

Bonus code DMRPIN for 10 points until March 14.

Roger Rabbit isn't eligible for DMR because it wasn't released under the Disney banner.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

...but there is a precedent for offering DMR points for a non-Disney branded title. I believe other Touchstone titles such as The Last Song and Gnomeo and Juliet offered points for either theater tickets or dvds. Like those titles, Who Framed Roger Rabbit could be a title that is on the edge of the Disney brand style-wise. It's not an unreasonable expectation to think they might have offered points for this Touchstone title.
cityguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cityguy »

gardener14 wrote:...but there is a precedent for offering DMR points for a non-Disney branded title. I believe other Touchstone titles such as The Last Song and Gnomeo and Juliet offered points for either theater tickets or dvds. Like those titles, Who Framed Roger Rabbit could be a title that is on the edge of the Disney brand style-wise. It's not an unreasonable expectation to think they might have offered points for this Touchstone title.
I think the example you're thinking of is Nightmare, which was originally released under Touchstone but folded back under the Disney label for home video, so it was DMR eligible. I don't think Last Song had points.

Gnomeo is a strange example as a movie that was dropped by Disney in production, finished by a Canadian company, and then distributed in the States under Touchstone. I don't know how the home video then ended up being handled by Disney (hence the DMR points) -- or why Roger Rabbit didn't follow the same approach -- except maybe Gnomeo is G-rated?

Also don't know why Avengers had DMR points other than the home video release was done by Disney, not Paramount or Touchstone. Roger Rabbit sure seems like a better fit for DMR than Avengers! So I think it may just come down to Disney being the theatrical or home media distributor to determine if it gets points.
jade
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jade »

Does Disney own Nightmare or the Knomeo?
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

cityguy wrote:
gardener14 wrote:...but there is a precedent for offering DMR points for a non-Disney branded title. I believe other Touchstone titles such as The Last Song and Gnomeo and Juliet offered points for either theater tickets or dvds. Like those titles, Who Framed Roger Rabbit could be a title that is on the edge of the Disney brand style-wise. It's not an unreasonable expectation to think they might have offered points for this Touchstone title.
I think the example you're thinking of is Nightmare, which was originally released under Touchstone but folded back under the Disney label for home video, so it was DMR eligible. I don't think Last Song had points.

Gnomeo is a strange example as a movie that was dropped by Disney in production, finished by a Canadian company, and then distributed in the States under Touchstone. I don't know how the home video then ended up being handled by Disney (hence the DMR points) -- or why Roger Rabbit didn't follow the same approach -- except maybe Gnomeo is G-rated?

Also don't know why Avengers had DMR points other than the home video release was done by Disney, not Paramount or Touchstone. Roger Rabbit sure seems like a better fit for DMR than Avengers! So I think it may just come down to Disney being the theatrical or home media distributor to determine if it gets points.
No, I'm rather certain The Last Song had points for either the theater tickets or dvd. It's a Touchstone title that had crossover appeal to Disney clientele.

Gnomeo and Juliet was not released as a Disney branded title in theaters or on dvd, and it had points. Again, there is crossover appeal to Disney's brand and clientele.

Using these as examples, my point was that Who Framed Roger Rabbit could have had points if Disney wanted it to (and it probably should have in my opinion). This is a response to the statement that it didn't contain points because it was not a Disney title. There is precedent for non-Disney titles having points when appropriate.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Super Aurora wrote:Also I ate tacos today. Lol.
You make me so angry sometimes.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
cityguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cityguy »

gardener14 wrote:No, I'm rather certain The Last Song had points for either the theater tickets or dvd. It's a Touchstone title that had crossover appeal to Disney clientele.

Gnomeo and Juliet was not released as a Disney branded title in theaters or on dvd, and it had points. Again, there is crossover appeal to Disney's brand and clientele.

Using these as examples, my point was that Who Framed Roger Rabbit could have had points if Disney wanted it to (and it probably should have in my opinion). This is a response to the statement that it didn't contain points because it was not a Disney title. There is precedent for non-Disney titles having points when appropriate.
The only reference I can find to Last Song and DMR is on the UK site, where the DVD is eligible for points. That's not the case on the US site, and since they usually go hand in hand, I assume it didn't have points in the theatre, either. Not that Disney hasn't had plenty of live-action family fare be eligible, including PG movies, but not when they choose to release it under the Touchstone label (I guess they figured little kids wouldn't sit through a Miley Cyrus teen romance).

There are the two Touchstone exceptions for animated movies we mentioned, Nightmare and Gnomeo. But Nightmare has been retroactively made a Disney movie (they replaced the original Touchstone logo) and I still don't get what happened with Gnomeo, which Disney didn't want to put their logo on -- forcing it to be Touchstone's only G-rated release, lol -- but otherwise treats like one of their own, with DMR points for the DVD and CD.

I'm not surprised RR got overlooked when you consider this new anniversary release, which aside from the HD print seems to be all recycled material from the previous DVD.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I know at one point Dan in Real Life was eligible for theater ticket points which I found to be extremely odd
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I know at one point Dan in Real Life was eligible for theater ticket points which I found to be extremely odd
Yeah, I forgot about that one, and you're definitely right. I knew there was some other Touchstone title besides The Last Song that was eligible for points.
cityguy
Gold Classic Collection

Easter Egg Hunt email with 25 points

Post by cityguy »

Click on the five eggs "hidden" in the latest Easter egg hunt email, for five points each. Each egg has a unique code that will only work on the DMR account associated with the email recipient.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

Post by geniuswalt »

Can you guys tell me what's been the average wait for delivery of in-stock rewards lately.
Going to be in a hotel in the US in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if that'll be enough to have my rewards delivered before I leave the hotel :D
Disney_freak
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney_freak »

geniuswalt wrote:Can you guys tell me what's been the average wait for delivery of in-stock rewards lately.
Going to be in a hotel in the US in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if that'll be enough to have my rewards delivered before I leave the hotel :D
It really depends, I've had a DVD ship to me within 3 Days. At the same time, I've had a DVD take 8 weeks to get to me. So it really depends. It probably depends on the item too.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

thanks
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

Hi guys,

I have unused DMR codes for Cinderella DE (2-Disc), and Bolt (3-Disc Combo).
iTunes Digital Copy codes for Tim Burton's Alice, and TNBC. (I upgraded to the 3D versions of these two, so DMR's were used but codes are still redeemable through iTunes)

Looking to exchange for the Peter Pan DE (3 -Disc) Code. PM moi to work a trade.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I have an extra dvd code to Secretariat. I don't think it's been used

Disney_freak
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney_freak »

Did they change the shipment time? I just ordered the blu-ray player and got 2-4 weeks.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

DMR's Facebook page has a link for the Lion King 3 Pin Set (for 475 points. Half off). Got mine ordered. Now I wish they'd get some new sculptures for my other account with the BIG point balance. :D
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

buffalobill wrote:DMR's Facebook page has a link for the Lion King 3 Pin Set (for 475 points. Half off). Got mine ordered. Now I wish they'd get some new sculptures for my other account with the BIG point balance. :D
Thanks for letting me know. I was wanting to buy the pin set, but I never got around to it. Thanks to you I now will own it 8)

PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

buffalobill wrote:DMR's Facebook page has a link for the Lion King 3 Pin Set (for 475 points. Half off). Got mine ordered. Now I wish they'd get some new sculptures for my other account with the BIG point balance. :D
Aww, I already have one of the pins in the set. :(
Last edited by PixarFan2006 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.