Double-dip on Disney BD just for 3D

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Would you rather buy...

Movie + Extras WITHOUT 3D disc
100%
Movie in 2D + 3D WITHOUT bonus disc
No votes

Total votes: 10

pick
Gold Classic Collection

Double-dip on Disney BD just for 3D

Post by pick »

Guys, let me ask you... do you usually double-dip on a Disney movie you already have, just for the 3D? With Monsters Inc release next week, this question came to my mind...
By the way, here in Brazil, Disney stopped doing Combo Packs... You either buy the movie in 2D + 3D WITHOUT the special features disc, or the movie + bonus WITHOUT the 3D disc. And the 3D edition is usually about $18 dollars more expensive than the 2D copy... if it where up to you, which edition would you choose? Thanks for the help!!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Double-dip on Disney BD just for 3D

Post by disneyboy20022 »

pick wrote:Guys, let me ask you... do you usually double-dip on a Disney movie you already have, just for the 3D? With Monsters Inc release next week, this question came to my mind...
By the way, here in Brazil, Disney stopped doing Combo Packs... You either buy the movie in 2D + 3D WITHOUT the special features disc, or the movie + bonus WITHOUT the 3D disc. And the 3D edition is usually about $18 dollars more expensive than the 2D copy... if it where up to you, which edition would you choose? Thanks for the help!!
On occasion I have double dipped but I'm not doing that any longer. The only ones I double dipped was on Nightmare Before Christmas and Beauty & The Beast. I had given my Blu Ray to my sister so I picked up the 3D blu ray. The only times I have bought the 3D blu ray is if it's new release such as Frankenweenie or the blu ray debut with Finding Nemo.

I see no need to double dip for Monsters Inc so I'll stick with the one I have.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

Always!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Disneyboy I LOVE your new avatar!! Gah!

As for the topic at hand, I never double-dip for 3D. I will buy 3D combo if it comes out with it's initial release, but in cases like BatB or Monsters I could care less. I don't actually have any way to watch them at this point anyways.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

I enjoy 3D....so yes I'd double dip....and have many times before.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

No.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

My Monsters Inc. 3D copy arrived this morning. If the price is right I don't have a problem double dipping and sellign the old copy. I tend to plan ahead though so I won't have to double dip (never bought the Toy Story trilogy on BD before the 3D versions were released for that very reason)
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Normally I do not, but I did pickup a copy of Beauty and the Beast 3D last year. I might double dip on Lion King as well before it goes into the vault. I don't have a 3D TV yet, but plan to get one later in the year.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I dont have a 3D tv or capable blu ray player yet, I just try to buy the 3D versions of everything I can for when I do. I havent double dipped so far, but will once I get a 3D tv for things like monsters inc, the toy story trilogy, beauty and the beast, etc.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Not able to see 3-D because of vision problems, so I don't buy 3-D in any way shape or form. I don't plan on buying a 3-D Blu-ray player or compatible television. I think that all the Disney stuff looks great in HD and if they weren't shot in 3-D, why buy them.

The newer movies in the cinema that come in IMAX 3-D are stunning, but I can't afford to have a 90-foot screen in my home to get the effect of IMAX and when I have been over to friends that have 3-D in their homes it doesn't look any better than the regular version of the movie.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

reyquila wrote:Always!
:wink:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I'm considering Double Dipping on Monsters Inc 3D For the short Pixar Toy Story Toons Short: Partysaurus Rex since it's the only way to get it besides the regular combo pack. If I can get it discounted through Disney Movie Club I might just do that

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Polls haven't worked for years. I voted yes.

However, I would only do so when I can find it for cheap. Whenever I can, I get the 3d combo instead of the 2D one for when I get a 3DTV, or convince my neighbors to fork theirs over as they're the kind of people who buy these new technologies but never use them.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

For anyone that has purchased Monsters Inc 3D, is the 3D slipcover have a 3D effect to it?

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Does the 3D slipcover have a 3D effect to it?
Yes, the slipcover is lenticular.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

No. It's a waste of money for a moment of "gee wiz" that has come and gone.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

The only one I repurchased was Beauty and the Beast. Anything else I wanted I got the 3D edition from the get go.