The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the air

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

I'm sorry about that. Could you elaborate on what exactly happened?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

bradhig wrote:Why do I feel like I am against the mob? I suffer from anxiety and it makes me feel I am fighting a large mob about things like sequels and they don't what Disney or anyone else to hear me.

Anyone remember this place?

http://boards.disneysites.com/

I was run off that old board by a mob the conivced a person named Aaron I don't know if it is the same Aaron that is here to ban me. I was known as cmdrtsl there from an old Anastasia fanfic I wrote years ago and I don't have it anymore so don't ask about it. I feel like the same thing is happening again and I won't ever live long enough to see another Cinderella or Snow White sequel again. I feel like most other Disney fans got upgraded into Cybermen or turned into Borg making them hate things I actually like. Other people's hate made my anxiety go crazy and made me depressed.
im really sorry you feel this way. Just know that some of us dlnt hate all the sequels and even if we did we would never try to get you banned.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

bradhig wrote:Why do I feel like I am against the mob? I suffer from anxiety and it makes me feel I am fighting a large mob about things like sequels and they don't what Disney or anyone else to hear me.

Anyone remember this place?

http://boards.disneysites.com/

I was run off that old board by a mob the conivced a person named Aaron I don't know if it is the same Aaron that is here to ban me. I was known as cmdrtsl there from an old Anastasia fanfic I wrote years ago and I don't have it anymore so don't ask about it. I feel like the same thing is happening again and I won't ever live long enough to see another Cinderella or Snow White sequel again. I feel like most other Disney fans got upgraded into Cybermen or turned into Borg making them hate things I actually like. Other people's hate made my anxiety go crazy and made me depressed.
I see what you are saying. Personally, I hate it when people dismiss anything Disney made after Lion King (and especially the early CG features), and I do hate mob mentality with a passion (mainly because people are following an established thought process rather than discovering for yourself). But if it is giving you all these anxiety issues and such, here is how you should deal with it...

1) Don't give yourself the idea that you are battling against a giant. Don't make yourself out to be the hero here. You are free to state your opinion, as controversial as it may be. But don't act like the whole world is against you because it gives you the wrong idea about things.

2) It truly isn't a big deal. There are things worth worrying about, like your physical and mental well being, the state of society, your role in life and many other things that matter. Disney movies, and their sequels, are not something worth losing sleep over, much less feel anxious. I know for many of us it is a passion, a creative drive and such. But it is not worth feeling so bad over it.

3) Check and see how are you presenting that opinion. It is clear enough that what you think of the sequels will be "controversial", but I believe that you can state something really out there and still be respected for it if you present it right. Maybe you get too over-excited in your opinion and state some things that upset people. I mean just now you stated that some fans have become Cyber-men or the Borg and feel like you can be banned at any moment. That's a harsh mentality to have, even if you have the right to be upset. Regardless if they are following a mob mentality or not, no one should be labeled just because someone stated otherwise.

4) Only speak for yourself, don't try to change the world with your opinion. If you want to state how good the sequels are, just state it. Explain why TO YOU (and no one else) they matter while doing the things I just mentioned earlier. If you come in expecting to change someone's opinion on the matter, it WILL go wrong, especially with a controversial statement.

5) Don't be afraid to walk away from it all. Sometimes it is best to just walk away and focus on something else. This will alleviate anxiety as your mind will be focused on something else rather than in these paranoia driven thoughts of yours.

If you feel this keeps getting WORSE, go seek professional help.
ImageImageImageImage

bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

This is how I view other Disney Fans just replace Lunic with Roy E Disney.

http://youtu.be/NejmRupa54I
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

bradhig wrote:This is how I view other Disney Fans just replace Lunic with Roy E Disney.

Having just checked your posting history, it seems to me that the worst side of you whenever you enter a heated debate where you feel the need to go against the crowd, and the more people latch onto you, the worst it gets.

To that I say... GET OFF THE INTERNET.

Once again, I get why it would frustrate you since at times this sense of internet cynicism is overwhelming, like you can't genuinely enjoy the things you love. BUT, I did notice a lot of the time you try to fight against "the mob", and once more... LABELING THEM AS THE CYBER MEN DOESN'T HELP.

Seriously, if it bothers you that much stay out of the web for a few days if only to preserve your mental stability. I am dead serious.
ImageImageImageImage

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

pap64 wrote:
bradhig wrote:This is how I view other Disney Fans just replace Lunic with Roy E Disney.

Having just checked your posting history, it seems to me that the worst side of you whenever you enter a heated debate where you feel the need to go against the crowd, and the more people latch onto you, the worst it gets.

Once again, I get why it would frustrate you since at times this sense of internet cynicism is overwhelming, like you can't genuinely enjoy the things you love. BUT, I did notice a lot of the time you try to fight against "the mob", and once more... LABELING THEM AS THE CYBER MEN DOESN'T HELP.

Seriously, if it bothers you that much stay out of the web for a few days if only to preserve your mental stability. I am dead serious.

He's probably secretly a masochist and enjoy the verbal abused. Kinda like the domestic beaten house wife who still comes back to her abusive husband.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

pap64 wrote:

Well when they all think like and have the same opinion on the same things all over the Internet what else am I supposed to think. I thought about using the Borg but I couldn't find a video explaining them on you tube. My bother in law suggested there is a lot of hate about things I like cause they clash with other people's childhood memories.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I goofed

I ordered something online but accidentally used a friend of mines address and now he said he would mail it to me once he gets it but I feel ashamed about it. I'm very grateful that my friend will mail me the stuff but I feel extremely guilty and stupid for using my friends address by mistake in the first place

Also my Ulcerative Colitis is acting up again which is even more depressing Sometimes I just feel like giving up, like right now for instance
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Don't worry, it's really okay you made that mistake. You didn't do a bad thing. You just made a mistake. And that is human, we all do it.

And don't give up, don't do it. I know what it feels like to want to do it, but don't, because great things are going to happen that you don't want to miss. For all the bad times, there are good times that make it so worth it.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Don't worry, it's really okay you made that mistake. You didn't do a bad thing. You just made a mistake. And that is human, we all do it.

And don't give up, don't do it. I know what it feels like to want to do it, but don't, because great things are going to happen that you don't want to miss. For all the bad times, there are good times that make it so worth it.
Thanks for the pep talk. I needed it.

My Ulcerative Colitis is also beginning to act up again with my same pain I had a year ago which is stressing me out. At least I see the Physician's Assistant who follows it next week for a 6 month check up

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm really sorry it's acting up again. I hope that gets better. It's great you're seeing the physicion about it soon.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:I'm really sorry it's acting up again. I hope that gets better. It's great you're seeing the physicion about it soon.
At least my Herniated disc is doing a lot better since having 1 epidural in December and 2 of them in January for a total of 6 epidurals since May of 2012.

They really don't hurt that much. Getting clawed by a cat or scraping my arm hurts a lot worse than a needle going into one's spine which sounds crazy

Then my dad was sent into forced retirement after having an Apserger Syndrome Meltdown in his room and is showing signs of early dementia/Alzheimer's. Then the doctor wouldn't sign off on the Teacher Retirement Disability because he said he doesn't do disability....

My dad made an appointment with the doctor and took the union rep with him and the doctor said he doesn't treat him for his mental health so he didn't know if he could work. After the union rep talked to the doctor, the doctor said that he would need the files the Psychiatrist

We asked the office if they could fax them to the town where my dad sees the Psychiatrist which is about an hour away. They said no because they could not be sure it was a secure fax line... Luckily my sister was in town to see the dentist and when we asked if she could take the papers they said no because they could not be sure she would take them to the true destination....my mom gave them an earful and they gave in to her about my sister taking them and she was heading back to where the Psychiatrist was.

If they would have mailed them it would have to from Mattoon To Champaign to Greenville back to Champaign and then Mattoon...............

:brick:

Thankfully the doctor signed off on the disability once we hand delivered the papers though some damage was already done. My dad's paycheck had to go to the insurance which meant his check went form $900 to $90....

This is the same organization who I've talked about in this thread...

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=140

Good god why does my life have to be so freakin' complicated all the time. When can I have a moment to favor the overcoming of one problem but directly into another all my life.... However from everything I've learned through it, I wouldn't change it.

A crabby school secretary in high school said one thing which was the only wise thing she ever said: Is it a problem or an Inconvenience?

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Mr Incredible perfectly says how I feel about why can't I enjoy overcoming something only find out there is another obstacle right in the waiting

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PIq68K8xtMk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, I'm sorry it is so complicated, and that you feel like you just go from one problem to the next. Maybe when something good happens, you can take time to tell yourself, "this is good", and choose to celebrate it?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Wow, I'm sorry it is so complicated, and that you feel like you just go from one problem to the next. Maybe when something good happy, you can take time to tell yourself, "this is good", and choose to celebrate it?
I's a cycle and I do celebrate the this is good moments. The good thing this time about Ulcerative Colitis is that I have a doctor who works with me and listens a lot better than I did last year or heck 7 years ago and a better support system. By GI thing lasted from summer 2011 to April of 2012. Then in April of 2012 my herniated disc happened, then in November of 2012 my dad had a meltdown and began the process to go into retirement, then in December of 2012 my back got better, then in January of 2013 the doctor was going melodramatic for my dad saying he doesn't do disability blah blah blah, finally we got that resolved but now I'm getting my upper left side pains and having other GI symptoms that I won't go into detail about since it would gross some people out

However like I said the good thing about the GI this time is I have a steady doctor who is wonderful and helps me, and that I'm seeing him on Thursday and usually I don't have that kind of timing of having the problem when I see the doctor rarely happens.

I am scared that because of the Carle Clinic Protocol I'm concerned the PA will shoot me down and I don't want to go through what happened in 2011 to 2012 happen to me. I began losing 10 pounds a week, I became weaker and my upper left side pains hurt tenfold. I couldn't laugh because my upper left side stabbed in pain. I don't ever want to go through that again and I'm scared it would happen again. I almost died because my primary at Carle Clinic wouldn't allow me to go see a GI doctor. Thankfully though the sleep doctor did and I got the help I needed to live. If he wouldn't have sent me when he did, I would be dead right now. I just can't handle more idiotic doctors, especially ones that have helped me before turning on me...

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, some of that stuff is really horrible. I hope nothing like that ever happens to you again, too. It's a really great thing you have doctors who help you now.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Wow, some of that stuff is really horrible. I hope nothing like that ever happens to you again, too. It's a really great thing you have doctors who help you now.
In May of 2012 my new primary sent me to a Carle Clinic Spine Center in Urbana. After I was walloing and thrashing in pain she said that I was overwhelming her and needed to step out of the room. She said she didn't think I was in true pain because I began thrashing about. She even wrote that in the report. She said I would never be able to withstand an epidural and she said the only thing she would consider was giving me an MRI. They offered to do it there but I said no. O

nce we had the MRI done, it indeed showed what my family about 99% knew already. We told my primary what happend and read the report and we could he was disturbed at the doctor had to say. We went back to the spine center to see a differ doctor. My family all went back together and the nurse popped in and said I was only allowed to have one person in teh room with me. So I had to choose between my girlfriend and my mother. My girlfriend was chewing me out saying I had to choose her but my mom went outside the room to try to reason with the nurse and requested for her to see the doctor. The nurse then looked to the hallway and might as well said come on boys. Two security cops came and demanded to go in the room and apprehend me and my girlfriend. I opened the door but my mom shut it and barricaded herself in front of it. My girlfriend was telling me to choose her and I told her to shut up. I told her my mom is barricading herself in front so no cops would come in. I told her to show my mom some respect. Meanwhile the security cops wanted to go in and said refused to let them in. They told her that this was not her house and demanded her to let them in. A nurse from accross the hall saw all this and cleared the chaos and the doctor then came in. The doctor said to me in a very demeaning voice like she talking Martians and said H E L L O MICHAEL MAY I T O U C H YOUR HAND? I wanted to scream I'm autistic not deaf but I held my tongue. The doctor said in that same voice that there is a reason for your back pain. You have a herniated disc. I wanted to say no shit sherlock but I was quiet. The doctor said that I should go back to my primary since he's known me for a while and said I would never be able to have an epidural. I had only known my primary for two weeks but we didn't argue. We wanted out of the mad house. My dad says while chaos was going on the secretaries were snickering until my dad told them to stuff it.

Fast forward to now, I've had 6 epidurals and the last 3 have helped. I have visions sometimes me going back and saying I've 6 so kiss it. But they are not worth my time

That by far was THEE Worst doctor's appointment I have ever been to in my entire 25 years of life.

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I was going to start physical therapy tomorrow, but it will have to wait as I have some glass in my foot. I went the walk in clinic and they got more out but I fear there is more. I will go call the doctor tomorrow to figure out what to do.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That does sound like the worst doctor's visit you ever have had! so glad that's over! Your mom really showed her love and courage for you and you showed real strength not saying anything bad to anyone. Good luck with physical therapy...and the glass, ouch!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I am facing my greatest challenge yet. My mom has gone insane. No seriously she has. She thinks she has bugs or mites in her and shows us pieces of dirt and says there are mites in them biting her. My dad sent the psychiatrist some papers about Delusions of Parasites and it matches her to a T. She brings in pices of dirt to the doctor and says there are things in them causing her sores. So the psychiatrist put her on some medicine that helped another one of her patients with the same thing and that patient is doing better

Here's some info about it

http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/d/ ... itosis.htm

Meanwhile my dad is also going insane since he resigned and went into forced retirement and is acting very suicidal lately.

A couple weeks ago we had to call 911 because he almost killed himself with a fishing knife. He's talked of doing stuff like the before and has done it before but not the way it happened a couple weeks ago. My dad was take to the hospital and he will receive counseling. My dad had an Asperger Syndrome metldown at his teaching job at school while a kid had to be taken down for lunging at him. After that they had to close off the office because of my dad. They said he violated the ADA and provoked the kid to go off which is total bull crap. But he ultimately decided to retire. This part of him going into retirement happened in November.

Also I have something called C Diff which is an infection in the bowels which usually clears up after a certain pill but mine has not. They tried putting me on another pill but at first insurance wouldn't pay for it so they said I would have to have a fecal transplant and find me a donor. It is what it sounds

Thankfully though, the pill went through the insurance, but I just recently got done with it and the same problems are occurring. So it looks like it's a Pass The Hat Donor-ship drive :lol:

Very good news though, In December and January my herniated disc got better after three more epidurals and I'm walking again. I went to see Monsters Inc 3D which was the first movie I had seen in theaters by myself since the Avengers in 2012 so YAY. Now for the first time I'm cooking on my own which having a herniated disc and becoming bed ridden for a year opened my eyes up to do things.