The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the air

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I wanted to apologize openly to Slave2moonlight for anything I said that offended him.

Maybe you could still tell us about your life and love but tell us we can not give you any advice, or judgements, we can only say "Hope you are happy!" or "Aw, man, sorry that happened!" or "Good luck!" or things like that. Or maybe not. It's just sad it turned out this way. : (

Well, no matter what, good luck.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

OK, as you all know, my father has been in the hospital for the last week due to a heart attack he recently suffered. I saw him yesterday and he looked fantastic! I think he looks better now than he did when he was at home. He, however, will undergo surgery on Monday morning to replace a valve in his heart. Once the surgery is done he will be under hospital care… FOR TWO WEEKS!!! He will be around three to four days on intensive care and then another three to four days on his own room.

I know all of this is for the best…. but I miss my dad, I miss my mom, I’ve been stressed trying to maintain this big house by myself, I’ve been going to work with all of this in my mind (and that has been stressful as of late as well). Too, too much going on at the same time. I am very worried regarding the surgery, it’s just too much…

So once again I ask for prayers, good thoughts and wishes so that my dad’s surgery is extremely successful and maybe the recovery time is dropped to just a week or less. I will greatly appreciate it all :)
ImageImageImageImage

Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Stay strong, pap.

I don't blame you for feeling worried and stressed, but it definitely seems like things will get better. :)
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

It sounds like he is on his way to getting better, finally getting what has been ailing him solved. So I think it's expected he'll be in the hospital for a while and that him being taken care of there as long as he needs to get better is a good thing.

But I'll pray that all goes well and he recovers soon as possible, as well as pray for you and your family in general, too. : )
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

enigmawing wrote:Oh, and Mooky, sounds good about the cranberry juice! I drink it pretty regularly for other health benefits, but lately I've been having whole cranberries instead (I keep them frozen and blend them into smoothies). I'd like to get back to the juice as well, but they don't carry straight, non-cocktail versions at my usual grocery stores and I have to go out of my way to find any. I'm not familiar with quince though, can you tell me more about that? :)
Sure! When eaten fresh and raw, quince is a really, really sour/bitter fruit with some sweetness. When processed, it loses its sourness and becomes sweet throughout and it makes a great jam/marmalade or juice. Raw quinces are also used as air fresheners, they have a really soothing, pleasant scent. I've done some online reading after my surgery and found out that baked or cooked quince is being continually recommended for sore stomach and intestinal lining due to being full of vitamins and minerals - I've only been drinking quince juice, though, but it did what it was supposed to do (in co-operation with cranberry products) so I can't recommend it enough myself.
enigmawing wrote:I was a bit scared since I've been actively trying to get pregnant and when I started having these pains, I began reading that gall stones are relatively common in pregnancy! It got me all worried about the possibility of going through dealing with gall stones while pregnant, or having to worry about not taking pain meds or having to put off any potential surgery for several months. I expressed my concerns with the doctor and he tested me; found out I'm not pregnant regardless (it was a few days too early to take a home test) so it was one less thing to worry about. And I really can't complain because I won't have to have surgery regardless! Perhaps this is yet another reminder for me that I need to eat right. I decided to start eating healthier again earlier this month and was initially frustrated that my big payoff seemed to be the stomach pain, and even read that gall stones are common in people that are quickly losing weight (I've lost 8 pounds in the past three weeks) and Rey suggested that maybe I needed to ease up on the healthy eating. Oy, so much to think through, but now that I've seen the doctor and have figured out what's actually going on I've had so much less to worry about! :)
That's sadly true. My gallstone issues started only when I began actively working out and eating properly (I lost about 40 lbs in just over two months; some of it was due to stress, though). Regardless, eating properly is an imperative, just don't overdo it like I did and let it take some time.
enigmawing wrote:Once again, I'm glad you got through your ordeal okay. I haven't had surgery since I was two and the idea of it seems pretty scary to me, so I can understand wanting to put it off. But of course you were better off once you bit the bullet and went through it! I guess we all live and learn. :)
Disney Geek wrote:@Mooky: It's great to hear that you've made a full recovery. It just goes to show that you shouldn't be afraid to deal with a medical problem if it's worrying you and making you feel miserable.
Thank you both! Yep, I guess it's sort of like that "taking band-aid off" thing. It's never going to be comfortable, but you just have to do it quick before it gets really sticky and complicated :).

That's some great news, pap! I'm really glad things have been working out for the best.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I don't want to come off as curious, but I am genuinely interested how slave2moonlight has been doing since his last post. Did you find a new job and a new place to stay? Did things with Kiki work out?

In case you don't want to answer: no pressure, of course. I just hope everything is well with you.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Sorry for bringing up the old thread, but there are many things in my mind that I have to somehow vent about...

As you guys clearly know, one of the highlights of the year for me was finally going to Walt Disney World. Yeah, to some it may seem silly that a trip to a theme park may count as a massive life goal, but it is to me. I worked VERY hard, endured everything from a sickness in the family to countless drama at work and saved every penny I earned towards making that dream a reality. And because of that, the trip was better than I expected. I met some dear friends of mine, I saw some great shows, met awesome characters and just had a blast. Heck, on my last day, I didn't get the infamous post-Disney depression people get. That was because I knew that I would be returning to a job that would help me fuel my dreams even further, and I could rest easy knowing that I have the power to make anything a reality.

Except that wasn't the case, it seems.

See, before I went on the trip, I went back to my job to discuss our plans for the new semester. We were given monthly plans, given tours of the new facilities, we were GUARANTEED a job when school started. So in August I went back and asked how the project was going...

Not kidding, the conversation between me and the project coordinator went like this...

Me: So, when do we start the new semester?
Coordinator: We don't know yet
Me: OK, so when do we sign the new employment contracts?
Coordinator: Not sure, either
Me: Hmm... and who will be the junior high coordinator now that the old one has retired?
Coordinator: No one has been picked yet

The answers were basically "No, no, and no". Right then and there, I knew something was going on. When you have the confidence that something will start, you are given clear answers. So the rest of August went by, and the project failed to start again.

By then, rumors started circulating that the project was done and over with, other rumors said that there was so much drama behind the scenes that the mayor of town decided to not approve the project. It is the middle of september, and mum is the word about this project. Since I saw the writing on the wall early on, I decided to go on a job hunt, something I dreaded doing since I was hoping I would be able to end the year as an employed man.

And due to that, I've been feeling angry, bitter, frustrated and upset with everything. Heck, even I have started to look at my nephew in a negative light. I mean, he just graduated high school. He only has a high school diploma, his job experience is minimal. Yet just getting out of high school he found a steady, paying full time job. Meanwhile, I have all this work experience, I have all these skills, I have all this education, and what do I get? SQUAT.

Not only that, I recently learned that my father has to go into surgery yet again. It seems his heart is still weak, even with a new valve in place of the old one. He has to now get a pacemaker ASAP in order for his heart to be fully functional. My mom and I discussed it and we both agree that the reason his heart isn't functioning is because he is literally heartbroken over my nephew. Basically, we helped him get that job. My parents did their best to make sure he had everything needed for employment. Heck, they even helped him get his own car. And what he has done for us? Nothing. I know we shouldn't be asking for something in return when helping people out, but all my nephew does is just help his family out, a family that only calls to him when he has money and they need something. Meanwhile, we don't ask anything in return, but he doesn't help us. That has my dad bitter too, and in turn it is affecting his health, which in turn affects ME because I have to go through the mentality of my parents's mortality and me not finding a job.

All of this has me in a very disappointed mood, a very angry mood. A lot of people keep telling me to keep trying, that when a door closes a window is opened, to keep the faith, to keep believing in yourself yadda yadda yadda. But not even motivational thinking is helping ME get over this funk. I don't know, maybe I am becoming too hard over the idea of just believing in the best and keeping the faith, and I need hard, concrete proof that things WILL get better. I mean, I try my hardest to send resumes out, I have updated that thing so it is more appealing to employers, and I have applied to everything from professional careers in my area of expertise to basic level jobs and NOTHING. It's like I am meant to live the live of a worthless, stupid, waste of oxygen while everybody else gets to live their great lives that they managed to achieve through their own hard work and determination.

It just makes me so angry that I don't know what to do about it. I can't be all emo, but that's all I have been feeling as of late. I can't dismiss all of my life, but there hasn't been any proof that tells me otherwise. I just don't know what to think what to believe in anymore...

And at times, I just want to end it on the spot through any means possible.

I just don't know. I just don't know...
ImageImageImageImage

David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

PLEASE don't give up. I know it sounds like a cliche, but things WILL get better.

For instance, the majority of the people I know from New Orleans lost everything they owned in hurricane K. (I was one of the luckier ones with relatively minor damage). Yet, the city is doing very well now, people have rebuilt; and many who were at the height of despair 7 years ago are now very happy with their lives again.

I enjoy reading your posts (and columns elsewhere) and think you have a talent for writing. In fact, I really enjoyed reading your reports on your first ever visit to WDW. It was very refreshing for me to see WDW from the point of view of someone experiencing it for the first time, and I read it at a time when I was really bummed out at WDW management for recent decisions they've made regarding removing certain attractions from the parks. So it was really nice to read a fresh perspective of WDW and be reminded of the "magic".

I will keep your father's health in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there! :)

David
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Two words of advice

1: its a cliche but talking to your nephew may help. My family hates not knowing.whats wrong.with them.

2. I forgot what ibwas going to say. Oh yeah. Worforce development helps a lot.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Earlier, I had written an extensive and extremely venomous response to what you guys said, all in deep anger and frustration because part of my problem is that I am in an environment that is ruled by ignorance and is limiting my potential, and the answer is always the same "be patient and there will be big rewards in the end".

Instead of calming me, it just makes me more anxious as I really, really want to start my own life, and the more limitations I am put upon, the more damaging I become to others, so I realized that I would be harming others based on my own personal frustration, a frustration they are not guilty of.

To put it in an appropriate perspective, do you guys remember in Mulan, after she had failed to impress the matchmaker, her father notices a flower that had yet to bloom, and tells Mulan that when it does finally bloom, it will be the most beautiful of all? Well, at times I feel like I am an extremely late bloomer, and people assure me that once I do bloom, it will be something special and better beyond my wildest dream.

The question is, when will that be and if it will be anytime soon? That's what is driving me nuts and has me in these extreme mood swings between sad and depressed to angry and frustrated.
ImageImageImageImage

Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I'm part of another community on the web and I've seen members there voice their distress about constantly being unaccepted for a job they apply for because they overqualify for the job. One member, who had a job for the summer working at an ice cream stand and is probably now job searching like she was before summer, claims that to keep herself sane she gathers knowledge about whatever interests her and she's inspired by Bruce Lee to be strong.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Time for a brief update. I will admit, I feel much better now that I vented and let some of the venom out so to speak. I've decided that since I let all of that anger and frustration out, I will just keep focusing on my endeavors and hope for the best. The reason why? Because my 30 year dream of going to Disney. That dream did indeed take 30 years to come true, but when it did, it couldn't have come at a better time, and that was because I kept working hard towards it in addition to believing in the dream. So now my mantra is to always keep the faith, always believe while still working my hardest to change my life.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I will try to keep them to my heart as best as possible :)
ImageImageImageImage

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

well, it's nice to hear you're doing better now. :)
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Why does it seem like everything I like most people hate llike the DTV sequels , current Doctor Who series , Star Wars Prequels ,etc. Is it just me or is there too much hate onlne. Maybe my anxiety is acting up again. It seems like too many people are like the sith anymore.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I feel the same way. I even posted the thread about critiquing, but it really is mostly hate. I liked the Simpsons Movie, Star Wars Prequels, Kingdom Hearts, some things about Final Fantasy XIII, Ponyo and shit like that, but we live in an age where people can mark anything they dont like to hear as spam on youtube,
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

bradhig wrote:Why does it seem like everything I like most people hate llike the DTV sequels , current Doctor Who series , Star Wars Prequels ,etc. Is it just me or is there too much hate onlne. Maybe my anxiety is acting up again. It seems like too many people are like the sith anymore.
People that hate the new Who? If anything, it seems like not enough people are familiar with the previous 8 Doctors.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Avaitor wrote:
bradhig wrote:Why does it seem like everything I like most people hate llike the DTV sequels , current Doctor Who series , Star Wars Prequels ,etc. Is it just me or is there too much hate onlne. Maybe my anxiety is acting up again. It seems like too many people are like the sith anymore.
People that hate the new Who? If anything, it seems like not enough people are familiar with the previous 8 Doctors.
People who feel the Doctor and companions don't visit enough aliens planets , don't like the cybus cybermen, and don't like the current producer.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Here's the thread about my Medical Status Quo. I thought I would post the link here.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28830
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Why do I feel like I am against the mob? I suffer from anxiety and it makes me feel I am fighting a large mob about things like sequels and they don't what Disney or anyone else to hear me.

Anyone remember this place?

http://boards.disneysites.com/

I was run off that old board by a mob the conivced a person named Aaron I don't know if it is the same Aaron that is here to ban me. I was known as cmdrtsl there from an old Anastasia fanfic I wrote years ago and I don't have it anymore so don't ask about it. I feel like the same thing is happening again and I won't ever live long enough to see another Cinderella or Snow White sequel again. I feel like most other Disney fans got upgraded into Cybermen or turned into Borg making them hate things I actually like. Other people's hate made my anxiety go crazy and made me depressed.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

what made the above worse is that I tried to run my own board on ez board or some other free site and they harassed me there. It is long gone now.