Halloween Viewing Log 2011

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Re: Fox is Gonna Make a Network Dedicated to One Show

Post by Barbossa »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:Last year I cheated going into the first week of Nov as part of my count and only got 9 movies, and 54 tv/internet shows or shorts out of the way. This year I did not reach my goal of 31 films down and all the Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors but I did get this far 29 movies, 122 tv/internet shows and or shorts. I will probably keep going for a bit but in the interest of being fair here is my final tally list.
Speaking of TV shows, one thing that bugs me that didn't air this year was SNL's Halloween Special :x . Instead NBC aired a re-run with Ben Stiller. I was hoping to see the good old Consumer Probe skit. Johnny Human Torch! :lol:
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Barbossa wrote:
JiminyCrick91 wrote:Last year I cheated going into the first week of Nov as part of my count and only got 9 movies, and 54 tv/internet shows or shorts out of the way. This year I did not reach my goal of 31 films down and all the Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors but I did get this far 29 movies, 122 tv/internet shows and or shorts. I will probably keep going for a bit but in the interest of being fair here is my final tally list.
Speaking of TV shows, one thing that bugs me that didn't air this year was SNL's Halloween Special :x . Instead NBC aired a re-run with Ben Stiller. I was hoping to see the good old Consumer Probe skit. Johnny Human Torch! :lol:
I'd have liked to see a Halloween show too but it's not like I had other options to watch. :P And by the way it's not great quality but here you go! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMBt1z3Bj8

-Skyler
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:I'd have liked to see a Halloween show too but it's not like I had other options to watch. :P And by the way it's not great quality but here you go! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMBt1z3Bj8

-Skyler
:up: :up: 8)

I met Dan Aykroyd last year at a Crystal Head Vodka signing. I wanted to ask him who wrote this sketch but ended up forgetting about it.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Barbossa wrote:
I met Dan Aykroyd last year at a Crystal Head Vodka signing. I wanted to ask him who wrote this sketch but ended up forgetting about it.
How is Crystal Head? I want some so bad but I hear it's banned in Ont. or something silly like that. (Although a gay bar in Toronto has some and it's crazy expensive... plus I'd like the cool bottle more than just a shot. :P)

-Skyler
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
Barbossa wrote:
How is Crystal Head? I want some so bad but I hear it's banned in Ont. or something silly like that. (Although a gay bar in Toronto has some and it's crazy expensive... plus I'd like the cool bottle more than just a shot. :P)

-Skyler
It's good. And don't worry, it's not banned in Ontario anymore. Check out the list where they are selling it:
http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/i ... ber=267302

Dan had an autograph signing there recently. I can't believe the price - same as BC. Here in Alberta it's about $19 cheaper.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

dvdjunkie wrote:
Lazario wrote: You mean... characters talking to the audience and telling them how the movie is going to end?
No Laz, you have this film mixed up with another movie. This film is about a family on holiday and the creepy guys who invade their home and kill each one off a totally different way.

Don't know what movie you are thinking of, but this has very little dialogue and a lot of chills. Very disturbing movie.
I'm talking about the remake with Naomi Watts and Tim Roth. I was told it's a shot-for-shot remake of the original. And, yeah, you've seen the original. But the remake includes scenes of - for example - one killer being shot to death by the wife, then the other killer picks up the remote control and rewinds the actual movie so that the shot killer will be alive again, then he stops the wife from killing anyone.

That doesn't happen in the original?

I believe the original is still on Netflix: Watch Instant but I've been avoiding it for fear the film might be anywhere near as annoying as what I've seen of the remake. The scene I described above, regardless of additional dialogue that may plague the remake more, is downright insulting to the audience in any context.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

That time is nearing again. Seems like other boards are dusting off there Halloween/Horror movie threads and bumping them.

Quite honestly, I don't know if I'll pull off over 60 movies this year. There are a few in my DVD collection that I haven't watched yet, so those will be taking precedence over others.

Not sure whether to start watching in September or October.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I've pretty much given up on even the idea of having a huge horror marathon this year. In favor, instead, of doing some lists and videos. I've already begun construction on a brand new UD-exclusive project which I'm really excited about. As a response to something Loomis once suggested in my old (2006-2007) Horror Digest threads.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images