Marvel/ABC TV Series

All topics on all things Marvel.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Marvel/ABC TV Series

Post by Sotiris »

Upcoming & In Development

The Hulk
With Marvel Comics characters burning up the movie theaters in “The Avengers,” ABC-TV says they won’t be ignored on the small screen, either. But they may not show up for a while.

ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee told a conference call Tuesday that he hopes “The Hulk” will be ready for the 2013-2014 season. “We had hoped it would be ready this year, but that didn’t happen,” said Lee. He also said that if it works out, it could air on ABC or ABC could sell it to another network like Fox. “Wherever it would work best,” said Lee.
Source: NY Daily News
Guillermo del Toro has been developing a "Hulk" TV series with Marvel for a while, but has long said that it won't have any connection with the studio's movies. Considering the fact that the Hulk is now doing so well on the big screen, we couldn't resist asking del Toro at Comic-Con whether the project is still being planned.

"I have had a couple of minutes with Marvel since 'Avengers,' and they have the screenplay," he said. "We're waiting for a particular writer to do a rewrite on the pilot. That's where we are right now. But we're still on."
Source: MTV

Avengers
After scoring huge at the box office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel, but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios being explored, including a high-concept cop show.

Establishing a primetime foothold has been a priority for Disney-owned Marvel. The company has developed several projects for ABC Studios over the last couple of years, one of which, a Hulk series, is still in the works. Search is under way for a new writer to pen the project.
Source: Deadline

Rumored & Cancelled

AKA Jessica Jones
ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee said a show based on Marvel’s Jessica Jones was not picked up and that while it’s not dead, “Other projects are more toward the front of the queue now.”
Source: NY Daily News

Mockingbird
In an even earlier stage of development is Mockingbird. While the character is an adult secret agent in the comics, the television series will feature a younger version of the character. Bobbi Morse, a freshman at a prestigious university in Silicon Valley, is a "Peter Parker[-style] nerd" who is recruited by a super-spy organization in the Marvel Universe. After that, her life changes. She's a student by day and learning to be a secret agent at night. According to Loeb, "We like to refer to this one as Alias meets Felicity."
Source: Comics Alliance

Cloak & Dagger
In what seems like a move to grab teenagers and families, Cloak and Dagger will air on ABC Family. In the comics, Cloak and Dagger are two characters who gained their complementary powers in an experiment and escaped onto the streets. Loeb described the television series as the "story of two teenagers who find each other and realize that their powers both complement and complicate their lives." While Cloak and Dagger were set in New York City in the comics, this series will be set in post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans. It's unclear if this will be a Treme-style exploration of NOLA immediately post-Katrina, or if the series will simply take place in NOLA after the hurricane.
Source: Comics Alliance

S.H.I.E.L.D
Even more exciting, however, was the mention of a potential future television show focused on S.H.I.E.L.D., the premiere global peacekeeping force in the Marvel Universe — like an international "X-Files" for superheroes. While a S.H.I.E.L.D. series hasn't been formally announced, the idea clearly appeals to Clark Gregg.

"In a lot of ways, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Coulson really lend themselves to a TV show because it's normal people," Coulson said. "It's real people dealing with extraordinary things."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Cloak and dagger is only one that look pretty damn interesting since I like those two.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Super Aurora wrote:Cloak and dagger is only one that looks pretty damn interesting since I like those two.
Me too. They are among my favorite Marvel characters.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I really hope the Mockingbird show falls through and they add her into the movie canon. If only to shut up non-comic readers who ship Hawkeye and Black Widow.
Animalia
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Marvel/ABC TV Series

Post by Animalia »

Sotiris wrote:
Even more exciting, however, was the mention of a potential future television show focused on S.H.I.E.L.D., the premiere global peacekeeping force in the Marvel Universe — like an international "X-Files" for superheroes. While a S.H.I.E.L.D. series hasn't been formally announced, the idea clearly appeals to Clark Gregg.

"In a lot of ways, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Coulson really lend themselves to a TV show because it's normal people," Coulson said. "It's real people dealing with extraordinary things."
I want this one. :D Because then Coulson has to come back! 8) Anyway none of the other ones really interest me, except the Jessica Jones one but I would actually prefer a show about Luke Cage. Superheroes for hire concept would make a really interesting tv show.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I just wish BVHE would finally release the last seasons of Once And Again and The Golden Girls (aka The Golden Palace) on DVD.

On the animated side...maybe a complete collection of the X-Men Animated show from the 90s?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Khonnor wrote:I just wish BVHE would finally release the last seasons of Once And Again and The Golden Girls (aka The Golden Palace) on DVD.

On the animated side...maybe a complete collection of the X-Men Animated show from the 90s?
The full 1990's "X-Men" is on DVD. It's a number of other Marvel toons that are not yet released sadly...
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

milojthatch wrote:The full 1990's "X-Men" is on DVD. It's a number of other Marvel toons that are not yet released sadly...
But not in one set, A complete collection set. I didn't buy the separate releases, hoping they'd release a complete set one day. Wishful thinking by now...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Khonnor wrote:But not in one set, A complete collection set. I didn't buy the separate releases, hoping they'd release a complete set one day. Wishful thinking by now...
You can always import the Ultimate Collection box set from the UK.