American Idol Season 11

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

I personally blame the Vote For The Worst website. They tell people to vote for the worst person on the show. The teens may be voting too, but so are the people who follow that site. That site must be shut down at once.
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I've heard reports that the Phillipines have been illegally voting for Jessica Sanchez throughout the season. I really hope they pull a Jessica win for us. :lol: Regardless, this could end up being an Adam Lambert v. Kris Allen or Crystal Bowersox v. Lee DeWyze situation, with the runner-up outselling the winner in the long run. I imagine Phillip will sell much worse than Kris and Lee.

If Phillip does win, I imagine the show will really start to die. Ratings will drop because of the predictability and of course all credibility will be thrown out the window for good. Women and non-whites should just avoid trying out for the show at all at this point. They'd have a better shot on X Factor or The Voice. :lol:
Yeah, the voting system is messed up. I read that some people were able to get votes in from the UK. If that's true, its a really broken system.
dvdjunkie wrote:Anyone watch Jay Leno last night (Thursday) when Phillip Phillips got booed when he was introduced? I admit that it wasn't cool, but I wanted to see what happened on his first network appearance outside of Idol.

Jessica will be Ellen's show next week, don't know which day, but there won't be any boo's in that audience.

Did you see the overall ratings for American Idol, Season 11. It was lowest since Season 5. And the finale show has almost 20% fewer watchers than any previous Idol season.

Serves them right for their screwed up system of voting. I think they could learn a lot from "Dancing With The Stars" and let the judges have 50% of the vote each week. But we will see if that happens.
Didn't watch it live, but just looked up the video. There were cheers too. Its not like he was booed off the Tonight Show.

I really think some of these shows are running out of steam. I don't blame Phillip for the drop in ratings. However I saw that the Top 2 performances on Tuesday was down 25% from last year. That's a big drop. Maybe people are just getting tired of the current Idol formula?

Anyway Idol needs an overhaul, and not just switching judges like they did 2 years ago.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... 56198142/1

Steven Tyler, and Jennifer Lopez are leaving Idol. Also Randy may be out as well.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

DarthPrime wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... 56198142/1

Steven Tyler, and Jennifer Lopez are leaving Idol. Also Randy may be out as well.
Hmm about time! But didn't they already start filming?
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Attendance at the American Idol Live Tour Shows is down, and in Detroit, after Jessica Sanchez blew the roof off of the arena, people started walking out when Phil Phillips came on stage. When he was done with his set there was just a handfull of people left in the audience. This has to be the worst season for American Idol, and I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to cancel the show.

They are already doing audition shows for Season 12, but that could be all for naught as Fox suits are mulling over the thought of cancelling the show earlier than planned.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Good riddance (although I did like Steven Tyler). I knew JLo would leave once I heard Tyler was gone. Before that, her "I might not come back..." schtick was nothing more than a grab for more money. She was a good judge in the sense that she articulated her opinions well, was charismatic, etc.--but she had really bad taste, no doubt influenced by insecurity over her own auto-tuned career. I wish Randy would be fired/go away. Hopefully, they'll get someone more talented and, preferrably, someone who actually knows country for the next judge.

I really doubt the show will be cancelled. That said, the show's credibility is shot. It's been nearly half the series since a woman won this show, and that's while the best contestants were still the women.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

The show want be cancelled... yet. I give it another season (at the most 2). I'm sure they will find someone to fill the judges seats.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Mariah Carey is officially an American Idol judge! (You can Google for a source, if you need one.)

I have to say I'm glad. The first female judge on Idol that can actually sing! :D (Also, the fact that she was signed so soon, makes me believe those articles saying JLo and Tyler were actually fired/let go.)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Mariah Carey is officially an American Idol judge! (You can Google for a source, if you need one.)

I have to say I'm glad. The first female judge on Idol that can actually sing! :D (Also, the fact that she was signed so soon, makes me believe those articles saying JLo and Tyler were actually fired/let go.)
I think Mariah was a good choice for a judge. From what I've read they needed to sign judges quickly, so I'm not sure if Jennifer and Steven were fired, or just decided to leave.

Hopefully they get another "good" judge. I haven't heard anything else regarding Randy, so I assume he is planning to stay now?
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

I heard that Randy is not going to be a judge instead his going to be a mentor. Can't remember where I read it or saw it on TV. Not really excited for this upcoming season of AI except the audition parts. One of the reason I saw AI after Simon left was b/c of JLo but then I also enjoyed watching Steven Tyler with his crazyness and also hilarious. Not a fan of Mariah but I can say that she can sing. AI need to get like Raven-Symone, Carrie Underwood, Keke Palmer, Kat DeLuna or Harry Connick Jr. I like Miley but as a judge is a big no and Adam Lambert also a no.