The Official Leaving/Returning Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Good luck with the follow up visits, and thanks for the pictures.

Your dogs are adorable!

I can see how they would be mistaken for Mother and Daughter. :lol:
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Oh god those puppies are adorable. Glad to hear you're doing okay! :)
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Those puppies are pretty adorable. Thanks for the pictures, E!
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Welcome back, Enigma! :)

Good to see so many familiar members returning. Now all we've got to do is create some interesting threads and have more activity on the board, 'cause it has been dull around here, no?
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Thanks everyone! I've remained super busy. We got to move to the new place as planned, and still have a lot of unpacking and organizing to do. The pups have adapted well to the new place and I absolutely love it here! We haven't set up my PC though and I haven't even had time to dig out my laptop, but I thought I'd check in with you guys on my phone. Hope everyone is doing well! I still owe a few PM's, so if you're still waiting on a reply from me I thank you for your patience. ;)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

enigmawing wrote:Thanks everyone! I've remained super busy. We got to move to the new place as planned, and still have a lot of unpacking and organizing to do. The pups have adapted well to the new place and I absolutely love it here! We haven't set up my PC though and I haven't even had time to dig out my laptop, but I thought I'd check in with you guys on my phone. Hope everyone is doing well! I still owe a few PM's, so if you're still waiting on a reply from me I thank you for your patience. ;)
Glad you still have not forgotten me on that!
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Last Friday I went to Stratford's Shakespeare Festival and absolutely loved it! I'd never been out of the United States, so it was a pretty awesome experience (plus I saw some amazing theater). I had a great time and was quite sad to leave; Stratford itself is beautiful and I didn't want to leave. The group I went with (which was a combination of professors, English majors and Theater majors) stayed at the Hospital Residency, which was certainly an interesting experience. I came back yesterday evening, but I definitely can't wait to go back on next year's trip.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Usually, I don't like to announce that I am leaving since for me, it is the equivalent of a kamikaze attack: you burn yourself and others in the process. But I felt that this was important to be known. I am not asking for sympathy, just to hear me out.

I am taking another break from UD. Here's the truth: my life is in the pits right now. And I mean a REALLY bad set of pits. No matter how hard I try, I can't find a job. All of them have been frozen until after the elections. Politics are driving me nuts with political nutcases running around time ruining the little peace we had. My father's health has been on my mind for a while now, and he will be entering surgery next month. My sister did something to us recently that has made us angry and destroyed our hearts, leading us to experience family drama of the worst kind. There is nothing in this cruddy town of mine that makes me happy. Long story short... I hate the life I am currently living. Hate it with a deep passion.

The only thing that has been keeping me sane and a knife away from my heart is the faith that things will change for the better and Disney. That may sound crazy to you, but for a while now I have been dreading the future. I am afraid I might end up on the streets because my family has no family. I NEED to start my own life. But everywhere I go it is no, no and no. I feel trapped. So until I can finally escape, my faith and Disney is what is keeping me alive. I love Disney now more than ever. I just want to enjoy it. So whenever I encounter these threads that feature nothing but blind fanboyism of the bad kind, I lash out.

I am afraid that if I continue here, I WILL say something that I will regret and hurt people that are innocent. So I will leaving for a while. I don't know how long that will be.

If you think I am jerk for what I have said, I don't blame you. I was not the best person I could be. If you think I am being a drama queen, I don't blame you either. I am not asking for sympathy either. What I did was wrong, and I apologize for it.

So until then, see ya later and take care.
ImageImageImageImage

Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'm thinking of you, pap.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Hope everything turns out ok, Pap.

-Skyler
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I know how you feel Pap,

It's been 6 months since I had this herniated disc which is quite literally, driving me to insanity and places I've never been and am afraid of. Also I'm worried about my future, if I'm stuck with this, and this negativity of some local doctors driving me to my insanity even further. My family tells me I show signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I've never felt so crazy and in so much pain. It hurts my back to talk, eat, sleep, stay awake, drink, stay calm, not lose it, not panic, or obsess over stuff. All my life, the doctors in my life I could trust and turn to, and now that part is falling apart, along with myself. I'm not giving up, I gotta keep going and the only thing is, my faith in Jesus, my family, distraction of watching movies, especially Disney, and most of all, posting stuff on the internet and on this site with so many friends.

Also trying to stay positive helps. I tell myself that. I'm going to get better, I have faith in Jesus, my family, and my future since then since I got excommunicated from the local doctor center, that it has strengthened me. If I were still seeing the doctors who decided to send me a certified letter, saying they are dropping me because I don't trust them, not even giving me the courtesy to talk face to face, and they just throw me out. They wouldn't even agree to talk to me about it, they just shunned me. The Spine Center that's an hour away was a joke, both times. One doctor said that they couldn't tell if I was in "REAL" Pain, another doctor talked to me like I was deaf. I wanted to scream at her and wanted to clarify that I'm Autistic, not DEAF. The second doctor also asked me the 2 most odd words I've ever heard from a doctor. When the doctor went to shake my hand, the doctor asked if it was okay if she touched my hand :brick: and if I knew what an Oreo cookie was... :roll:

Because of them, assholeness-like behavior, I've got more smart doctors right now that I've not had for about 8 years. Also I was dying in March due to my belly ulcertive colitis. They took me off my ulcertive colitis pills for from July of 2011, to May 2012. I had a diagnoses of having ulcertive colitis/Crohn's disease, but they wouldn't believe me, so they took me off my pills, and even when I started to get worse and lose weight, at one point 10 pounds a week, they cheered. I was glad I was losing weight, but there was no explanation for it, and in turn I was dying. Luckily a sleep doctor sent me to the right doctor that my primary refused to send us to, and because the sleep doctor did, he got in trouble, got me excommunicated, and in turn, saved my life.

I will be over this, in time, and am not alone. And know you are not alone either.

Also just to clarify, I'm not leaving, I'm just letting pap know he's not alone in his thoughts. I might post this in my status quo thread, since it's hard to retype it, and hurts.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I'm back from the 'wilderness', whatever... yay.

Truth be told I've still been looking around but I had to change computers a while back and lost a lot of data in the move. Anywoo, for those who remember me, I'm looking forward to getting back into Disney chat mode. :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:I'm back from the 'wilderness', whatever... yay.

Truth be told I've still been looking around but I had to change computers a while back and lost a lot of data in the move. Anywoo, for those who remember me, I'm looking forward to getting back into Disney chat mode. :)
Have you now become ONE with the wilderness? Embrace your inner wilderness?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Honey, the wilderness and I have issues... ;)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I'm not sure if I'm back yet or not. I hope so? I've needed a break from everything. Everything. I haven't even been interested in the usual Disney stuff. And I'm definitely not the post whore I used to be. :p

Hope everyone's been well.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

enigmawing wrote:Hope everyone's been well.
I'm doin' well! So well, I might as well eat Poptarts while scrolling Know Your Meme for nothing.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

enigmawing wrote:I'm not sure if I'm back yet or not. I hope so? I've needed a break from everything. Everything. I haven't even been interested in the usual Disney stuff. And I'm definitely not the post whore I used to be. :p

Hope everyone's been well.
Things haven't been the same without you. Make sure to vote in the annual awards since they are at risk of being canceled due to not a lot of people are participating.

TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

I'll be leaving for Wittenberg, Germany on Tuesday morning; I'll be there studying (two German language courses, an English course, an International Studies course, and an internship) until May 5th. I probably won't be able to get on here that much, but I'll try and check in now and then.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:I'll be leaving for Wittenberg, Germany on Tuesday morning; I'll be there studying (two German language courses, an English course, an International Studies course, and an internship) until May 5th. I probably won't be able to get on here that much, but I'll try and check in now and then.
Have fun in Germany 8)

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That's a big trip. :o Hope you're successful at whatever you're doing there. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"