DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magic Mike Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:32 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

So really? No topic on this already? Well there is now!

So who went to see this hunk-fest?? I saw it Friday night with a friend... this movie was a hot mess! But it was still entertaining and fun to watch. And the audience was great and had an awesome time!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 am 
Platinum Edition

I only really want to watch this to see sexy studs and that hopefully will strip down to very little. Really that's it. I mean, need there actually be anymore? What straight guy would actually want to see this? Even though Mr. Potatum Head probably hopes the story based on his real life stripping job would interest men who are straight as he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:12 am 
Suspended

Bomer was pretty ripped, wasn't he? Never thought he'd turn my head from Tim Dekay for a second.

I was wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:28 am 
Collector's Edition

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I saw the movie and thought it was good. I liked the casual approach the movie took to the story and that it didn't condem the strippers (the one that takes a turn for the worse is messed up before he gets involved) it just shows them for what they are. Also the love story subplot suprisingly did not feel forced or too over the top. Again, it followed the same, laid back tone as the rest of the movie

And McConaughey was born to play that role. Nice bust and framed protrait in his place.

If only the other strippers had more lines and scenes. Maybe on the DVD/Blu-ray?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 am 
Platinum Edition

I didn't care about this until I realized Adam Rodriguez was in it. Then I knew I would have to see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:50 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm behind in a lot of my film watching for the summer and even missed some big ones in the Spring I really wanted to see in the area (Cabin in The Woods, Hunger Games, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Five-Year Engagement). Because of this I've been playing catch up and won't be able to get to Mike for a little while. That being said: from the trailers I've seen DAMN! :D

-Skyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:54 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I haven't seen it yet, but I have plans to get drunk with a bunch of my gay coworkers and shout things at the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I didn't care about this until I realized Adam Rodriguez was in it. Then I knew I would have to see it.

He was so YUM in that movie!

Also, B, I highly approved and insist upon those plans.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:54 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I went with the bff Friday night to see it, There were only like 5 or 6 guys besides us there and the theater was PACKED.

Great movie though super hot, I mean Channing Tatum *drool*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:39 am 
Special Edition

I saw that movie a few days ago with my boyfriend. The audience was overwhelmingly female (lots of middle-aged ladies there).

I enjoyed the movie. The subplot was interesting and the stripping/dancing scenes were great as well, although I wished I could have seen more of Channing shaking his ass, as well as a flash of a man's penis (we can see some ladies' boobs, but no penis shot?? WTF??).

By the way, my birthday is coming up, and that movie really had me in the mood for a nice birthday stripper. :P

Last edited by Cheshire_Cat on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

Cheshire_Cat wrote:
I wished I could have seen more of Channing shaking his ass, as well as a flash of a man's penis(we can see some ladies' boobs, but no penis shot?? WTF??).

Yea, that is really wtf. It's a movie about guys stripping but it's still a man's world making the woman show their boobs but no one gets to see their junk pretty fcked up. And from what I heard there's no mention of even any gays or anything gay at all ever. Homophobia and Heterosexism persist even in this movie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:15 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well Matt Bomer, who plays one of the strippers, is gay in real life :) ...but he's straight in the movie. lol

I love Siren!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:02 pm 
Special Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
Cheshire_Cat wrote:
I wished I could have seen more of Channing shaking his ass, as well as a flash of a man's penis(we can see some ladies' boobs, but no penis shot?? WTF??).

Yea, that is really wtf. It's a movie about guys stripping but it's still a man's world making the woman show their boobs but no one gets to see their junk pretty fcked up. And from what I heard there's no mention of even any gays or anything gay at all ever. Homophobia and Heterosexism persist even in this movie!

It really is, especially considering the producers of the film should have known good and well that their audience would be comprised of mostly straight women and gay men. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I think they might have feared if they had full frontal the MPAA would have given this an NC-17 rating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 pm 
Platinum Edition

That's the only reasonable excuse for the filmakers, but somehow woman's breasts being PG-13 and men's balls being NC-17 doesn't sound fair. Still a man's sexist world! I mean, a straight man's sexist world. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:06 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I mean... breasts are different than balls, you get that, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:40 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
That's the only reasonable excuse for the filmakers, but somehow woman's breasts being PG-13 and men's balls being NC-17 doesn't sound fair. Still a man's sexist world! I mean, a straight man's sexist world. :roll:

HBO has no real problem with full-frontal male nudity. But this is the MPAA. they're elitist, lying sobs. and extremely right-wing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

If they were worried about the rating why not make an edited version of the movie and a director's uncut (no pun intended ;-)) version, either as a later, night viewing or at least for the Blu Ray / DVD release? Then everyone will be pleased :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:33 pm 
Platinum Edition

Cuz mozt theaters and studios wont release nc-17