Magic Mike Discussion

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Magic Mike Discussion

Post by xxhplinkxx »

So really? No topic on this already? Well there is now!

So who went to see this hunk-fest?? I saw it Friday night with a friend... this movie was a hot mess! But it was still entertaining and fun to watch. And the audience was great and had an awesome time!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I only really want to watch this to see sexy studs and that hopefully will strip down to very little. Really that's it. I mean, need there actually be anymore? What straight guy would actually want to see this? Even though Mr. Potatum Head probably hopes the story based on his real life stripping job would interest men who are straight as he is.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Bomer was pretty ripped, wasn't he? Never thought he'd turn my head from Tim Dekay for a second.

I was wrong.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I saw the movie and thought it was good. I liked the casual approach the movie took to the story and that it didn't condem the strippers (the one that takes a turn for the worse is messed up before he gets involved) it just shows them for what they are. Also the love story subplot suprisingly did not feel forced or too over the top. Again, it followed the same, laid back tone as the rest of the movie

And McConaughey was born to play that role. Nice bust and framed protrait in his place.

If only the other strippers had more lines and scenes. Maybe on the DVD/Blu-ray?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I didn't care about this until I realized Adam Rodriguez was in it. Then I knew I would have to see it.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I'm behind in a lot of my film watching for the summer and even missed some big ones in the Spring I really wanted to see in the area (Cabin in The Woods, Hunger Games, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Five-Year Engagement). Because of this I've been playing catch up and won't be able to get to Mike for a little while. That being said: from the trailers I've seen DAMN! :D

-Skyler
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I haven't seen it yet, but I have plans to get drunk with a bunch of my gay coworkers and shout things at the screen.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I didn't care about this until I realized Adam Rodriguez was in it. Then I knew I would have to see it.
He was so YUM in that movie!

Also, B, I highly approved and insist upon those plans.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

I went with the bff Friday night to see it, There were only like 5 or 6 guys besides us there and the theater was PACKED.

Great movie though super hot, I mean Channing Tatum *drool*
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Cheshire_Cat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Cheshire_Cat »

I saw that movie a few days ago with my boyfriend. The audience was overwhelmingly female (lots of middle-aged ladies there).

I enjoyed the movie. The subplot was interesting and the stripping/dancing scenes were great as well, although I wished I could have seen more of Channing shaking his ass, as well as a flash of a man's penis (we can see some ladies' boobs, but no penis shot?? WTF??).

By the way, my birthday is coming up, and that movie really had me in the mood for a nice birthday stripper. :P
Last edited by Cheshire_Cat on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Cheshire_Cat wrote:I wished I could have seen more of Channing shaking his ass, as well as a flash of a man's penis(we can see some ladies' boobs, but no penis shot?? WTF??).
Yea, that is really wtf. It's a movie about guys stripping but it's still a man's world making the woman show their boobs but no one gets to see their junk pretty fcked up. And from what I heard there's no mention of even any gays or anything gay at all ever. Homophobia and Heterosexism persist even in this movie!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Well Matt Bomer, who plays one of the strippers, is gay in real life :) ...but he's straight in the movie. lol

I love Siren!
Cheshire_Cat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Cheshire_Cat »

Disney Duster wrote:
Cheshire_Cat wrote:I wished I could have seen more of Channing shaking his ass, as well as a flash of a man's penis(we can see some ladies' boobs, but no penis shot?? WTF??).
Yea, that is really wtf. It's a movie about guys stripping but it's still a man's world making the woman show their boobs but no one gets to see their junk pretty fcked up. And from what I heard there's no mention of even any gays or anything gay at all ever. Homophobia and Heterosexism persist even in this movie!
It really is, especially considering the producers of the film should have known good and well that their audience would be comprised of mostly straight women and gay men. :roll:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I think they might have feared if they had full frontal the MPAA would have given this an NC-17 rating.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That's the only reasonable excuse for the filmakers, but somehow woman's breasts being PG-13 and men's balls being NC-17 doesn't sound fair. Still a man's sexist world! I mean, a straight man's sexist world. :roll:
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I mean... breasts are different than balls, you get that, right?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Disney Duster wrote:That's the only reasonable excuse for the filmakers, but somehow woman's breasts being PG-13 and men's balls being NC-17 doesn't sound fair. Still a man's sexist world! I mean, a straight man's sexist world. :roll:
HBO has no real problem with full-frontal male nudity. But this is the MPAA. they're elitist, lying sobs. and extremely right-wing.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

If they were worried about the rating why not make an edited version of the movie and a director's uncut (no pun intended ;-)) version, either as a later, night viewing or at least for the Blu Ray / DVD release? Then everyone will be pleased :D
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Cuz mozt theaters and studios wont release nc-17