Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

So it's not the end of Maleficent, yay!

And the others here might have been right about Mulan? How? What?...tf?
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

Mulan?! Woohoo! Image

Think there's still chance for an Ariel?
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Yay! Mulan :D :D

OMG I hope Ariel appears soon! I can see there been a great story with mermaids! Also I hope Rapunzel appears soon!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Do you think that will create a promo for this show, much like ABC did for Desperate Housewives ? It has certainly warranted it from all the success the show has had, but I wondered if they even did that any more ? I could just imagine it being epic on all accounts.

I also think it could do with a better poster campaign, much like the show 'Ringer' had.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Hopefully there will be something at Comic Con which will be available afterwards! I don't know how i feel on the posters, I do like them I'm just not fussed on the Image of Snow in her Wedding dress, but that's no biggy!

Well I'm from the UK and Episode 15 is to air this Sunday, I don't want to watch them all online because it's just not the same viewing experience, but it's going to be another 7 weeks here before series one ends! But still I've read all the episode plots online, so don't worry about spoilers!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

SillySymphony wrote: Think there's still chance for an Ariel?
They've already confirmed that the little mermaid (they called her Ariel, so I'm guessing they'll keep the Disney name) and Rapunzel will be featured in the second season. I hope she is well-cast, because they've picked weird choices for almost all the fairy tale princesses--the girl they cast for sleeping beauty doesn't look that beautiful, personally.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

To be honest, if and when they touch on the Frog Prince story, I hope the princess will be black. She doesn't have to be called Tiana though. Just sayin'.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I hope they would do that and have her be Tiana. It would actually work in Once Upon a Time because they aren't set in a real historical time where black people would have led rather...different lives in Europe. : (
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I agree with Duster it would be nice if she was called Tiana! Plus she could be a chief in Storybrooke instead of the "Fairytale World" I think that would work nicely :)
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

TPatF takes place in 1920s America. It's gonna be quite a stretch to get that to work with the AU fairytale setting of the TV show.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It wouldn't have to be a 1920's America-looking place! Just that she's black and called Tiana. And I guess the Naveen and Maldonia names. So I hope he looks like Naveen's ethnicity too. Did we ever figure out what he is? Indian? Spanish? Well I know he's Maldonian but...
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Yeah, it doesn't have to be 1920s America. Just that the princess be black. Would be nice if her name was Tiana, but I wouldn't mind if it wasn't.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Red-Handed Just aired in the UK, Omg I loved it! Red's story was just amazing and the explanation for her clock was really clever! And the events in Storybrooke.... I can't wait to find out how and who set Mary Margret up!
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Interview with Lana Parrilla
http://bcove.me/hx0ly9kf

Once Upon a Time Creator Teases Trio of Disney Icons
Kitsis said he plans to cast Ariel (from The Little Mermaid), along with Alladin and Jafar, at some point on his hit show's second season.
LINK-http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/07/once-u ... o-of-disn/

Nice to have some confirmation, Still waiting for some Rapunzel news though!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

LOL. I think April Fool's just came in July. :lol:
Don't assume Alan Dale (King George) and newly promoted series regular Emilie de Ravin (Belle) are the only former Lost actors you'll see as Disney characters on ABC's Once Upon a Time next season. The drama's creators (and former Lost producers) Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis tell me they're hoping to find a part for Jorge Garcia now that his Alcatraz has been canceled. While the producers wouldn't say what role they have in mind for Garcia, can't you see him as Pinocchio's demented puppetmaster, Stromboli?

They did reveal a few characters who will be making their debuts in Season 2: Ariel from The Little Mermaid, as well as Aladdin and Jafar, the Royal Vizier of Agrabah, from Aladdin. Kitsis suggests Naveen Andrews (Lost's Sayid) as Jafar, and with her ruby red locks, don't you think Rebecca Mader (Charlotte) would rock a set of seashells under the sea as Ariel?

Just for fun, Lost's former executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof chimed in with their casting thoughts. Cuse suggests "a fantastic twist with Josh Holloway revealing that Prince Charming is an impostor and he's the real prince." And Lindelof would get a kick out of seeing the hated Nikki and Paulo as Lady and the Tramp: "I just want to watch those two share a plate of spaghetti!"
Though if they are this serious, I think Rebecca Mader should play Merida, not Ariel.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Well Brave isn't really a fairytale.
I think Ariana Grande would be a FANTASTIC ARIEL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rUBVUzHiD8
Her singing some Part of Your World!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw poor DisneyDude only finding out all the great plot points of the show now! lol You just keep waiting, it get's even better!!!!!
DisneyDude2010 wrote:Well Brave isn't really a fairytale.
As in it's not a fairy tale written long ago that we sorta wonder if they really happened, which is what this show is about? Right. But I would consider it a modern and original fairy tale by Brenda Chapman/Pixar.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Well said Duster :)

OUAT Season 2 Spoilers!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4RWCOrJinL8" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/osq8wpz5l2A" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Xr4ZH5YXbg" frameborder="0"></iframe>

So .... It looks like Captin Hook will be joining StoryBrooke! I'm still hoping for Rapunzel though! But i'm sure we will see her soon!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Are they the opening credits for the entire second series ?!
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Are they the opening credits for the entire second series ?!
Yep :)