July 2012 movies

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

July 2012 movies

Post by Disneyphile »

What movies are you looking forward to in July 2012?

The Amazing Spider-Man
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Savages
Ice Age: Continental Drift
The Dark Knight Rises
Step Up Revolution
The Watch
Other
None
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I can honestly say for me, my Summer movie season is done. I want to say "Spider-Man" and "Dark Knight," but I hate Sony's vain attempt at keeping the Spider-Man rights from Marvel (plus, it just looks horrid!) and the last Chris Nolan Bat-flick was a bit too violent for my tastes. However, I may see "Dark Knight Rises" on DVD later anyway.

Have fun kids! The next film I'm truly excited to see does not come out till May 2013: "Iron Man 3!"
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

The Dark Knight Rises, definitely. Spider-Man and Ice Age are maybes.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Going to The Amazing Spider-Man tonight at the midnight show (12:01 a.m.) and will not miss the final Batman film from Christopher Nolan, The Dark Knight Rises on the 20th of July!!!

May take the grand kids to see Ice Age: Continental Drift, but will avoid Katy Perry film like the plague it probably is.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

dvdjunkie wrote:Going to The Amazing Spider-Man tonight at the midnight show (12:01 a.m.)
This is so strange to me. A lot of films that are getting 12AM shows in the US in the last couple of years have been opening early in Canada. Often times at 10 PM and with The Amazing Spider-Man tonight they open at 8!

-Skyler
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I really liked The Amazing Spider-Man. Its a little unfair all of the negative feedback that its getting from people who haven't seen it. I thought this cast was really good. Peter and Gwen's relationship was really well done... it made you relate to these people and makes you actually want to see more of them together. Maybe a Marvel short film on the DVD with them just going on a date, lol!

Of course there is plenty of action and fights with the Lizard, which were all well done too. Most of which doesn't happen until the second half of the film but when it does it's really good.

If you go, wait for the extra scene in the middle of the credits.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

milojthatch wrote:I can honestly say for me, my Summer movie season is done. I want to say "Spider-Man" and "Dark Knight," but I hate Sony's vain attempt at keeping the Spider-Man rights from Marvel (plus, it just looks horrid!) and the last Chris Nolan Bat-flick was a bit too violent for my tastes. However, I may see "Dark Knight Rises" on DVD later anyway.

Have fun kids! The next film I'm truly excited to see does not come out till May 2013: "Iron Man 3!"
I read a review for Spider-man saying the movie was both really good while being different from Raimi's trilogy.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

ajmrowland wrote:
milojthatch wrote:I can honestly say for me, my Summer movie season is done. I want to say "Spider-Man" and "Dark Knight," but I hate Sony's vain attempt at keeping the Spider-Man rights from Marvel (plus, it just looks horrid!) and the last Chris Nolan Bat-flick was a bit too violent for my tastes. However, I may see "Dark Knight Rises" on DVD later anyway.

I read a review for Spider-man saying the movie was both really good while being different from Raimi's trilogy.

It was really well-done and is different than the Raimi movies... if you're a fan of Spiderman you should really check it out.